Re: Battlefield 3 fixes guide (read carefully)

by LiBever

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 3 fixes guide (read carefully)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Battlefield 3 fixes guide (read carefully)

byOilSeraph

POST BELOW IF THIS HELPED YOU!!

I see that a lot of ppl are still having issues with the game (crashes, rubberbanding, disconnections etc etc). I resolved most of my problem, now the game is stable and i only get disconnected if the whole server that i'm playing in, crash, or if an admin log in with a reserved slot Standard smile.

Here's a complete and detailed list with things you can try in order to completely fix your battlefield:

Problem 1:
The game ALWAYS crash after 2-5 minutes/pc reboot itself after 2-5 minutes.

Solution:
-Reboot your computer, open the bios (by spamming del on your keyboard)
-Get to the motherboard configuration-north bridge configuration
-Disable HD audio. if it's enabled, you simply press + till it says is disabled. (Gigabyte users should look for "Azalia Codec")
-Save changes and exit

IMPORTANT:
by doing this, your PC audio will be completely disabled unless you have an audio card or an USB headset or something similiar (usb).
To re-enable audio, simply get back to the settings and enable HD audio again.

Problem 2:
The game crash randomly after about 15/20 minutes.

Solution:
-Press start (or the windows logo)
-Type in the searchbar "cmd" without the "
-Press enter
-a command windows should open up. write "bcdedit /set increaseUserVa 3072" without the "
-Press enter

Case 1: operation concluded succesfully (or a similiar message)
-reboot PC

Case 2: you are not allowed to do that (or a similiar message)
-Press start again
-Click "all programs"
-Click "accessories"
-RIGHT click "command prompt" and click "Run As Admin"
-Type in the command windows "bcdedit /set increaseUserVa 3072" as always without the "
-Reboot

This will fix the problem, wich is caused by memory leak

Problem 3:
Get disconnected very often without a reason.

Solution 1:
-Download PBsetup from here: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php [evenbalance.com]
-Extract the files in a folder
-Run PBSETUP.exe
-Click "add a game"
-Select "Battlefield 3". The path of the game should be detected automatically, if not, point it to the right path.
-Click check for updates
-Once the downloads are over, you'll get a message "battlefield 3 is up to date" or similiar. you may now close the application.

Solution 2
-Click on the windows logo/start button
-In the searchbar, type services.msc
-Press ENTER
-A list of services should now be in front of you.
-Click "extended" tab
-Search for "UPnP host devices" or something similiar (the description is something like: Allow hosting of UPnP devices blablabla)
-Right click it
-Click Properties
-I don't know how to translate this, but there is an option like "startup", in the general tab. You can choose between: Automatic (delayed startup), Automatic, Manually, Disabled. You must choose Disabled.
-Click on "stop service"
-Click "apply" and close that little windows.
-Search for "SSPD discovery" and do the same things that you did above.
-Close everything
-Reboot.

Solution 3
-Open chrome/IE/firefox
-Type in the adress bar 192.168.0.1 and press enter. if nothing work with that IP, try with one of these: 192.168.1.1, 127.0.0.1, 127.0.1.1. With one of these IPs you should be able to open up your router's page.
-Log into the router panel (username is usually "admin" or "administrator", aswell as the password)
-Once you are in, you should search for an option called UPnP, and disable it. it might be somewhere in the advanced options, i really can't help you with this one because it's not on my router, and every router it's different, so you might or might not have it.

In case you still have the problem...well...go to the nearest churc and turn on a candle, then prey for a bit.

Problem 4:
EXTREME rubberbanding, mostly in Caspian Borders, Teheran Highway and Grand Bazhaar.

what's rubberbanding?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xolfo1p2baE [youtube.com]

Solution:
-Reboot your computer
-Spam DEL till you open the biones panel again
-Search for advanced options
-CPU configuration
-Look for an option named "HTT" or "Hyper Treading" or "Hyper Treading Technology" and press + till it's disabled.
-Save and exit

I know this might look strange, but it fixed me, and 5 other friends, the rubberbanding issue.
You will still notice some rubberbanding if the server is lagging.

UPDATE: you may try to disable True Core Scalability, if it's possible to do so, and see if it changes anything. This is not tested, and defenetly not sure if working or not, so be sure you can revert the change before doing it

Problem 5:
The screen goes black and the game crashes everytime i try to join a server
This happened me yesterday too, basically i was playing CQ64 on metro, and the game crashed (probably god punishment or karma :P). After that, i tried to rejoin on metro like 5/6 times, everytime the game was not loading at all, and eventually crashing during the map loading:
Solution 1:
-Join a server with a different map, this will eventually restore the whole game (worked for me)

Solution 2:
-Run a repair from Origin (right click battlefield 3 on origin, and click reapair)

Solution 3:
-Open your documents folder
-Click on the settings folder
-Backup these 4 files somewhere (on the desktop, for example)
-Delete evertything inside the folder.
-Start the game

This will restore the default bf3 settings...and it might fix your problem
Last hope solution:
-Repair the game from origin
-Update your Video drivers
-Update your motherboard drivers
-Update Bios
-Delete Battlefield 3 folder from documents

Problem 8:
If your Battlefield 3 client aren't updating on your Origin please do the following:

You must do it with origin closed. on this exactly folder:

C:/Program Files/Origin Games/Battlefield 3/Support/EA Help/en-us
(If you changed the default Origin install folders, you will have to find it yourself.)

and delete this file:

Eletronic_Arts_Technical_Support.glo

After doing that, open your Origin and it should start updating or repairing install. After the repair is complete your game will start updating, if not try clicking on
the gear up there and clicking "Refresh My Games" or right clicking on Battlefield 3 and "Check for Updates"
Thanks to Ketchupzz for this fix.

Message 1 of 71 (163,525 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 fixes guide (read carefully)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

O M G

There is NO memory leak in BF3. None.

DO NOT use BCDEDIT if you have a 64 bit operating system! It will make your problems worse.

Public forums are one thing, this section should have a level of requirement to respond, so people with 0 technical ability & 0 clue about anything apart from habitually replying with utter rubbish to every post they see, don't cause more problems for people & their expensive hardware.

You're a grown man, you should be able to recognise when you don't know what you're doing or talking about.

Spreading mis-information & wasting people's time, effort, & in some cases money isn't helpful to anyone.

If you can't actually help solve an issue Nooberis, you should stay out of it.

If he can't tell you what it does & why you should do it, then don't.

View in thread

Message 2 of 71 (170,621 Views)

Hero (Retired)

we are here to help not to fight just do what are u good at and it will be okayStandard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 71 (170,599 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi!

I deleted two posts from this topic. Please respond to this topic if you have constructive critique to this workarounds, something to add, questions about those steps or if this guide helped you. This is not a place for general discussions, please keep in mind that critique need to be constructive.

Cheers

Basti

View in thread

Message 4 of 71 (170,564 Views)

★★★ Novice

For RubberBanding Its also A common error "apparently" hat the sound card can mess up you connection, so if your having extreme rubberbanding then go to system devices and disable all sound devices, reboot and see how the rubberbanding is, if its gone then search Google for: bf3 rubber banding network throttling .. And you should find full instructions on how to have sound and play without feeling like Mr. fantastic rubberbanding all over the place.

View in thread

Message 5 of 71 (170,498 Views)

Hero (Retired)

*****an update*****

Black Screen ? This is a DirectX11 problem, turn it off, and you will be able to play again.

1) Create a text file inside your BF3 dir user.txt and type RenderDevice.Dx11Enable off
2) Close it
3) Rename it to user.cfg

No more black screen bug between maps.

or

do not know if it works, is an old fix. saw in the forum somewhere
if you make for it at your own risk

Stuck on Joining Server / Long map load times:

Cause: Bug with x64 OS
press start write Run regedit.

go to: HKEY LOCAL MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WoW6432Node/EA Games

Change the GDFBinary & InstallDir paths to CConfusedmileytongue:rogram Files (x86)Origin GamesBattlefield 3

*****************************************************************************************************************

also found this:

FYI - Possible Fix for some with 64-bit Win7 and new BF3 Patch***

My brother recently downloaded the patch and he would play perfectly fine before, and now it freezes every time he tried to load a game (loading black screen) then takes him back to the battlelog.

FIX:

I just disabled UPnP in the setting for his router and it worked immediately after that.

So for those with mostly Linksys routers.
Open up your internet browser
type 192.168.1.1

username: (default username is left blank)
password: (default pw is admin)

Administration tab> Disable UPnP
Save.

Done. Let me know if this works for some.

1. Launch Origin.

2. Select, "Origin."

3. Select, "Application Settings."

4. Select, "In Game" tab.

5. Uncheck, "Enable Origin In Game."

Sometimes, this option will lock up the game when loading. Wouldn't hurt to try. This has fixed some of my loading / freeze up issues.

View in thread

Message 6 of 71 (170,296 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

******some updates*******

Tweaks & Fixes Index:

1 - Network / Connection Issues.
2 - Gameplay Tweaks. (BF3 weapons database included in this section)
3 - Game Crash / Install / Stability Issues. (Many fixes for crashes / lockups have been found)
4 - Frame Rate & Performance.
5 - Punkbuster & Kick Issues.
6 - Server Tweaks & Fixes for Admins.
7 - November 22 Patch Issues & Fixes.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

1: Network Tweaks / Connection Issues.

Fix Disconnections: (Disconnections immediate or every 10-20 mins)

UPnP - Router:

1. Log into your modem / router.
2. Turn OFF UPNP.

Turn off PC UPnP Service:

1. Press: Windows-button (the one between lAlt and lCtrl) + R, a window should pop up.
2. Write: "services.msc" (without the ") then press enter.
3. In the list of services, scroll down to "UPnP Device Host", click it and press "Stop service".
4. Now do the same thing but with the service "SSDP Discovery".
5. Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under "network discovery" select to turn off network discovery
6. SAVE CHANGE

Firewall Blocking / etc

- Boot MSconfig in start. Disable your Firewall and Anti Virus if its a windows based one. Disable any other process there that might affect you and reboot.
-If game works fine. This means there is some issue with your firewall or Anti virus setup.

ECN Packets has been enabled by a Net Speed Tool

To fix this :
1. open a CMD prompt AS ADMINISTRATOR
2. type "netsh"
3. type "int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled"

ECN packets are Refused by EA. These are FAKE packets to fool the connection.

Set BF3 PC in DMZ on your router.

-Note will expose the computer, and the PC will not be protected by the routers firewall.
-Make sure you have your windows firewall enabled.
-This should be a "last resort" measure.

How to play BF3 with multiple PCs on a LAN with UPnP disabled ?

*Credit goes to P1nchedNerve
(Just a note, I didnt think you could do this with origin like you can with steam, but apparently you can!)

eg) Edit each computers BF3 executable to include the " -port XXXXX" (as long as each PC uses a different port)

Computer A = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe -port 10000"

Computer B = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe -port 10001"

Computer C = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe" -port 10002"

Fix: Open / Run regedit.

Navigate to: HKEY LOCAL MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WoW6432Node/EA Games

Change the GDFBinary & InstallDir paths to C:Program Files (x86)Origin GamesBattlefield 3

Try to launch the game and join game servers, and it should work.

Battlefield 3 Ports: (may help connection issues)

-If you need help with making exceptions on your firewall(s). Consult the manufacturer.

-If you need help with portforwarding. Please visit www.portforward.com
If you have problems or other issues portforwarding, contact your router manufacturer.

PC Ports:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

PS3 Ports:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016

Xbox 360 Ports:
TCP: 53, 88, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 3074

Servers Lag:

-Either caused by EA or hosting datacenter. No fix currently.

Update: Developers are working on the issue.

Battlelog Error: "ERR_LOGIN_DISPLAYTOS"

Cause: A few players are experiencing this. It is a server related issue. There is no fix.
Have to wait for the developers...
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

2: Gameplay Tweaks.

Contrast & Lighting too bright !!!!

Fix: Open PROF_SAVE_profile in notepad++
\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings\PROF_SAVE_profile

Change: GstRender.Contrast 0.500000

*Lower the setting to whatever feels right.

Mouse is lagging:

Fix: Turn Origin Off in game.
Settings > In Game > Enable Origin In Game.

Sluggish / Unresponsive Mouse:

1. Go here: C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings
2. Open PROF_SAVE_profile with notepad++ (can download for free)
3. Change the following variables:

GstInput.MouseSensitivity 0.050000

1st one is the normal mouse sens. USE whatever you like, or keep it the way it is.

These can be edited and it may solve the problem.

GstInput.Scheme0Sensitivity 0.000000
GstInput.Scheme1Sensitivity 0.000000
GstInput.Scheme2Sensitivity 0.000000

Battlefield 3 Weapons Database:

-We are unsure of its validity, but if correct, it may be incredibly useful for players.

http://symthic.com/?s=bf3&sb=dmgchart [symthic.com]

How can I play Battlefield 3 using my Steam overlay?

- Disable Origin's overlay (click the gear/cog and go to the "in game" settings tab).
- In Steam, add Origin.exe as a non-steam game to your library.
- Launch the Origin shortcut from your Steam library, then launch BF3.

Long Map Load Times ?

-Is affecting many users, even those with HDDs in raid 0.

Fix:

Try:

Open / Run: regedit.

Change the GDFBinary & InstallDir paths to C:Program Files (x86)Origin GamesBattlefield 3

Alternate Fix: Buy a SSD drive, install BF3 & origin on there.

3: Game Crash / Install / Stability Issues.

Realtek Audio Bug:

1) Rigth Click on the Speaker icon.
2) Right click "Speakers" and select properties.
3) Advanced tab (far right)
4) Uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device".

BF3 PC Lockup / Freeze - with looping audio:

Cause: BF3 bug with onboard (motherboard) audio.

Fix: Install a separate soundcard & use that. Disable onboard audio in BIOS.
*Note users on EA UK forums have had success with Creative X-FI cards. (No game freezes)

Nvidia 560/570 Freezing / Graphics Issues Fix:

1) Update to LATEST Nvidia Drivers
2) Turn OFF - AA - DEFERED
3) Turn OFF - VSYNC
4) Turn OFF - Motion Blur

Nvidia 560 Ti Lockup / Freeze:

1.Go to your card manufacturers website. (E.g. Gigabyte, MSI, Asus etc)
2.Select your card type (E.g. GTX 560Ti)
3.Download the latest BIOS for the card
4.Flash it (Install, it's usually an .exe file)
5.Reboot (Most will prompt you to do it automatically)
6.Frag away.

AMD/ATI 6770m Game Crash with BF3 still running in background (possibly other AMD gfx cards too)

-Load up single player.
-Under options disable Anti Aliasing ( AA deferred )
*Best to disable AA post as well.

-Download the LATEST drivers from your laptops manufacturers site.

-Save & exit.
-Multiplayer should now work. The game shouldnt crash to desktop.

*Can confirm this works as It was discovered while trying to solve the issue with a laptop running BF3.

ASUS G73 Radeon HD58XX Users:

Source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624706495348/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

I found the solution for the problem with G73 from ASUS with ATI RADEON HD5series.
In fact you need to get a proper drivers from ASUS web site and not from AMD ....

Flash you graphics with "93vBIOSa.rar" .... find it on google.
Then deinstall ATI CATALYST preview install. CCLEANER DRIVER SWEEPER.

Install this release of CATALYST.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/downloadget.php?id=2795&file=1&evp=feec49beb63cf6646e7f5f947e9c49ee [downloads.guru3d.com]

And for info..http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=264&threadid=149301 [forums.amd.com]

Graphics Cards Crashing:

-This is common with graphics cards that are factory overclocked or have been overclocked by the user.

-Simple fix is to turn down the MHz (underclock).
*Estimate 40-100 MHz.

-Try turning the frequency down, until you hit a setting where the game runs nicely without lockups/crashes.

ASUS Cards - End of round crash issue:

-All credit to MrPaulieC http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624708842462/#!/bf3/forum/threadview/28... [battlelog.battlefield.com]

PROBLEM: Crashing at the end of every round (BF3.exe has stopped working) just before the scores come up and not being able to play single player.

SOLUTION: If you own an ASUS card (ATi or NV) and you installed the 'Smart Doctor' and/or 'ASUS Gamer' software then this is what's VERY likely causing you end of round crashes. All you need to do is uninstall Smart Doctor and ASUS Gamer, restart your computer and reinstall your video card drivers - that's it!!!

New Graphics Settings Not Displaying After Change ?

Press the Windows Key to force the game to Window Mode, click on the game window to go back into the game. New settings should now be applied.
If this doesnt work. Try exiting the game and starting it again.

View in thread

Message 7 of 71 (170,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

After dealing with these fixes for almost two days now, my BF3 unsmoothly runs for almost 2 seconds before gettin a crash! Compared to what it did when I tried it for the first time without any modifications, then I could play maybe 1-2 maps before I got BSOD.

So what have I tried?

After i unabled HD audio i started gettin error messages insted of BSOD.
error1 error2 (PICTURES)

So I thought there most be something with the memory so I tried the  /bcdedit thingy. No help there.

Graphic drivers are the latest. Could double check the MSi motherboards drivers but I doubt thats the problem.

Had this game for 5 moths now and I finally got a new computer. The only diffrens now is that all my other games are working better...

Hopefully can someone bring some feedback.

View in thread

Message 8 of 71 (170,209 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@fjork wrote:

After dealing with these fixes for almost two days now, my BF3 unsmoothly runs for almost 2 seconds before gettin a crash! Compared to what it did when I tried it for the first time without any modifications, then I could play maybe 1-2 maps before I got BSOD.

So what have I tried?

error1 error2 (PICTURES)

So I thought there most be something with the memory so I tried the  /bcdedit thingy. No help there.

Graphic drivers are the latest. Could double check the MSi motherboards drivers but I doubt thats the problem.

Had this game for 5 moths now and I finally got a new computer. The only diffrens now is that all my other games are working better...

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx try run it and post screens.....

View in thread

Message 10 of 71 (170,162 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ramielo wrote:

i have a problem with my gigabyte gtx560 ti oc, i ´did like u sead nothing changed it still crashing

did you tried reinstall a vga drivers use those from nvidia that suitable with bf3 also did you red nvidia guide http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/Possible-solution-to-unstable-FPS-NVIDIA-users/m-p/77688#U776...

View in thread

Message 11 of 71 (33,600 Views)

Hero (Retired)

dont use this if you have 64 bits

View in thread

Message 17 of 71 (33,574 Views)

Hero (Retired)

maybe if you can try reinstall bf3 totaly

View in thread

Message 19 of 71 (33,557 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

****update****

1st problem: Direct X error when tyring to launch the game.
Fix: Go into your games installation folder. For me it was "F:\Program Files (slave)\BF3\Battlefield 3\__Installer\directx\redist\DXSETUP.exe". Click on that, run as admin, install. Your error should vanish!

2nd problem: Game manager would hang indefinitely when trying to join games. *
Fix: Uninstall Origin, and Battlefield 3. Call EA, have them grant you a digital copy of BF3. Download and install this after a fresh reboot (this step is optional and is a variable in the process, weather or not it contributes to the solution is beyond me, but I did this in one patient step.) After battlefield 3 is installed it may prompt you to install origin, please do so. Before starting it up, go to your firewall, and allow the program in your firewall. Try to join a game using the battlelog whilst remaining in your fresh boot state. If it fails with an error that reads "Error launching game" please follow the steps for the 3rd problem.

Important note: For the above step, when you call EA, make sure you get that case number. The calls do drop, and often. Make sure at the beginning of the call you start off with "My game is BF3, i'm playing on the PC, My email address is..." Be assertive with your situation (not rude) and it will make things run a lot smoother. The support # for EA Is as follows: [Admin. Edit] Please contact support via this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

3rd problem: "Error launching game."
Fix: Uninstall the web plugin for the battlelog and reboot. Go to the site, download and install the new plugin.
Control Panel>Uninstall a program> Battlelog web plugins> Uninstall.

After I did the above my game worked!!! Granted Mp is buggy and this game probably should have been held off from being released for a bit longer it's still BF3, It's still epic. The devs need your utmost patience and cooperation. Raging as I did in another thread does not help.

*To fresh reboot your pc do the following:
Start>search>"msconfig"
Tick the box that reads "selective startup" then the box that reads "Load startup items"
Click on the "services" tab. Tick the box that reads "Hide all Microsoft Services" Then click on the button that reads "Disable all" Click apply, and restart your machine.

*To undo the msconfig nonsense:
Start>search>"msconfig"
Tick the box that reads "normal startup"
Click on the "services" tab. Untick (if still ticked) the box that reads "Hide all Microsoft Services." Click on the button that reads "Enable all" Click apply, then restart your machine.

Miscellaneous:

1. Update your Video Drivers!
2. Update .net Framework
3. Update Direct X
4. DO NOT PORT FORWARD ANYTHING. It's a pointless, and silly step that should be disregarded anywhere you ask for help.
5. Use Google Chrome. (Obviously an updated verison)
6. To allow a program through your firewall: Start>Control Panel>System and Security>Under Win Firewall click on "Allow a program through Windows Firewall"
Click on the Change Settings button, scroll down and find the button that reads "Allow another program..." Click on that and browse through the list for origin.

As a final note i'd like to add that I do not guarantee that this will work for you and that all of the above was done on a Windows 7 64bit operating system. I am not responsible for any damage you cause to your machine while making changes. I'd also like to mention that getting angry with the EA support does not do any good and that it is not their fault your game isn't working. They are just doing their job and could genuinely care less about you, though there are some (Thank you) who seem like they DO actually care

View in thread

Message 22 of 71 (44,540 Views)

★ Novice

I had the 15/20 minutes crash, seems to have solved now with that command.

View in thread

Message 23 of 71 (44,532 Views)

Hero (Retired)

***************update: PROBLEM>>>>>>>>random freeze and complete lockup (PC)*******************

have been playing for two weeks straight now without any lockups.

So what has fixed all of this?

- windows power management (disable pcie and cpu power savings - especially for Z77 boards, because they do power management on their own)

- repairing each and every c++ & .net runtime installed on the machine

- re-installing the game

- installing latest AMD 12.9 beta drivers

- manually updating nvidia physx

along with the stuff mentioned above, here's the additional thing that finally fixed it for me:

- uninstalling, completely removing, wiping everything that monitors voltages and settings like that from my pc.

(speaking of: ASUS AI SUITE, MSI AFTERBURNER, SAPPHIRE TRIXX and so on...)

In conlusion the black screen errors can be caused by almost everything that we fixed throughout this thread and it's finally gone.

I'd like to take a minute and thank you guys, I really apprechiate your help and I owe you one!

also

Backup the save data:

1. Click the Start button and select Documents
  2. Right-click the Battlefield 3 folder and select Cut
  3. Right-click on your desktop and select Paste
  4. To restore your Battlefield 3 save games and settings, move this folder back into the Documents folder

Delete the game files (in the default location):

1. Click the Start button and select Computer
  2. Select the C: drive folder
  3. Select the Program Files folder
    Note: On 64bit systems, select the Program Files (x86) folder
  4. Select the Origin Games folder
  5. Right-click the Battlefield 3 folder and select Delete

(Warning: Changes to the registry can cause your computer to operate improperly, so please follow these instructions exactly as they are written.)

Backing up the registry:
Perform the steps listed below to back-up the registry so that should something go wrong, you can restore your system back to a working state:

1. Click the Start button (Windows button on Windows Vista) on the Windows Taskbar.
  2. Click Run.
  3. Type regedit into the available text field, and click OK.
  4. Select File, then Export
  5. Select All under Export Range.
  6. Type backup into the File name field, and click Save.

Delete the registry keys:

1. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder
  2. Expand the SOFTWARE folder
    Note: On 64bit systems, first expand the Wow6432Node folder, then continue
  3. Expand the EA GAMES folder
  4. Right-click the Battlefield 3 folder and select Delete
  5. Collapse the EA GAMES folder
  6. Expand the Electronic Arts folder
  7. Right-click the Battlefield 3 folder and select Delete
  8. Collapse the Electronic Arts folder
  9. Right-click the ESN Launcher folder and select Delete
    Note: This folder may have a version number (such as 0.79.0) after the name or there may be multiple folders with the same name
  10. Right-click the ESN Sonar folder and select Delete
    Note: This folder may have a version number (such as 0.79.0) after the name or there may be multiple folders with the same name
  11. Expand the Microsoft folder
  12. Expand the Windows folder
  13. Expand the CurrentVersion folder
  14. Expand the Uninstall folder
  15. Right-click the {76285C16-411A-488A-BCE3-C83CB933D8CF} folder and select delete
  16. Collapse the Microsoft folder

Delete the uninstall files:

1. Click the Start button and select Computer
  2. Select the C: drive folder
  3. Select the Program Files folder
  4. Select Tools, then Folder Options, then View, then select "Show hidden files and folders"; you may need to press the Alt key to make the Tools option appear
  5. Select the InstallShield Installation Information folder
  6. Right-click the {76285C16-411A-488A-BCE3-C83CB933D8CF} folder and select delete

View in thread

Message 25 of 71 (44,505 Views)

Hero (Retired)

CLEAN BOOT

@eaagentx wrote:

Hey guys,

I actually ran into the same error last night. However, it had to do with some security settings I had on my PC. 

One thing you can attempt to prevent any background programs from interfering with your launch/connection is to clean boot the PC. 

You can find instructions on clean booting here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Step 1: Start the System Configuration Utility

Click Start

, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.

Step 2: Configure Selective Startup options
  1. In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Selective Startup on the General tab.
  2. Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
    Note The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.
  3. Click the Services tab.
  4. Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
  5. Click Disable All, and then click OK.
  6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
Step 3: Determine whether the problem is resolved
  • After the computer starts, try to start the affected game or program to determine whether the problem is resolved.
  • If the problem does not occur after you restart, the interference is occurring because of a background program or service. In this case, see the "Determine what is causing the problem" section.
  • If the problem returns after you perform a clean startup, the interference is not occurring because of a background program or service. In this case, this article cannot resolve your problem. See the "How to return Windows to Normal startup mode" section to return your computer to the original startup mode. Then, go to the "Next steps" section for other resources that may help you resolve this problem.

(From the Microsoft FAQ pages)

Once clean booted, if the issue is still present, it could be indicative of a larger error. If you are able to connect, that would indicate there is a program on your system preventing the connection.

View in thread

Message 26 of 71 (44,485 Views)

Hero (Retired)

*****UPDATE*****

if you are using 32 install 64 because 32 bits not good, before that you can try: source http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ru/forum/threadview/2832654489427021500/

NOT 100% GUARANTEED, BUT PRETTY GOOD NONETHELESS - MANY PEOPLE REPORTING SUCCESS. Around 90-95% success rate for those who gave it a go. It doesn't fix it completely - people were reporting crashes after 20-30mins - but it's a hell of a lot better than 2-3 minutes.

*******************32BIT ONLY - SORRY TO 64BIT USERS***********************

I've been having the crash problem - games in MP crashing in ~5mins, and SP crashing every so often. Found the solution from another game actually where I was having a similar problem - Empire: Total War.

BE AWARE, THIS IS ONLY A WORKAROUND - THE ISSUE STILL NEEDS TO BE FIXED. THIS IS A FIX FOR THOSE RUNNING 32BIT WINDOWS 7 AND WINDOWS VISTA WITH 4GB RAM OR MORE.

From here on, I'm copy-pasting the instructions. This works for both Vista and W7. Got me through 20mins of MP for the first time though - longest game I've had. Haven't tested for longer.

What does it do?
It has to do two things that both rely on each other to work. For 32 bit operating systems we have to tell the operating system it can use more than 2GB user address space, 2.5GB actually, while leaving 1.5Gb for the kernel. We also have to set the Empire.exe executable to be allowed to address beyond the 2GB ceiling. 64 bit OS users don't have to do anything.

What does it help with?
This is not the solution for all crashes. It deals primarily with the crash to desktop that is caused by lack of virtual address space.Due to the unique nature of how addresses are mapped differently on each machine this crash may happen at different places and times of the game, even loading a map, menu or waiting on an AI turn. If you try this fix, and you follow directions properly, and it doesn't help you then your crash is due to something else.

How do I do it?
Follow directions explicitly. I have seen people consistently skip steps or not read the directions properly so it doesn't work for them whne they don't do what it says. it's not as complicated as it sounds, I'm just being thorough.

APPLY THE WORKAROUND (juicy caramel center)

Requirements

Only real requirements is that you have atleast 2GB RAM. You don't need beyond that even though we are allowing addressing up to 2.5 GB. Also following instructions and being somewhat familiar with working with files in windows is required. Make sure you are using Vista SP1. If not then you need this hotfix that fixes a major blunder with Vista address space - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105 [support.microsoft.com]
That's all, follow the 3 steps.

1) Prepare the operating system to be able to use beyond 2GB address space with a userva of 2.5GB (only 32 bit OS's need to do this): I am purposely using only 2500 for userva for specific reasons and any more will likely not be needed, as a result the kernel will have plenty of space to play in.

XP 32
* Find your Boot.ini located usually on the C:.
If you cannot see it, you probably have system files hidden, then follow these instructions at microsoft (also uncheck "hide protected operating system files")
* Right click on the boot.ini and choose properties. Uncheck "read only"
* Open the boot.ini by double clicking it.
* Under the section called find the line that says "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partitionSoccer ball\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional...". Yours may look a bit different. We are going to make a duplicate, so that if you make a mistake you will not harm yourself from booting into your computer. Drag you're mouse across the entire line, right click and choose copy. Then right below the line you just copied right click your mouse and choose paste. You should now have two lines one after another that are exact duplicates.
* Change the bottom line that you just copied with the following addition on the end. Add a space at the end of the line and then this without the quotes "/3GB /USERVA=2500"
* In that lower boot entry you just made, find the name of the operating system in quotes and change it to something like "Windows XP 3GB", so you can differentiate at boot up.
* Close and save the boot.ini.
* Right click on the boot.ini, hit properties, check read only.

Windows 7/Windows Vista
* In Windows 7/Vista go to Start menu. Go to Accessories. Locate the command prompt shortcut and hover mouse over it. Right Click on the shortcut then select Run as Administrator.
* In the command prompt type this exactly: bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500. Then hit enter.
* Make sure you get a message back confirming the change was made. To verify the entry is there you can type just bcdedit, hit enter, and you should see the entry now listed.
* Then close the command prompt. You just told Vista to increase user virtual address (userva) space to 2500MB.
* Changes take effect on reboot but don't reboot yet.

SUMMARY
We extended the user virtual address space in XP, Vista and 7 to 2500MB, so now applications can utilize up to that much if they are set to be Large Address Aware. While some 32 bit games/applications are set, Empire is not.

2) Now reboot the PC because Windows needs to set the userva at 2500 which only happens after startup.

If you skip any step it will not work. When you have rebooted you should be good to go. Run the game as normal with the original game shortcut.

TO UNDO THE CHANGES
For the XP 32 bit just delete the line from your boot.ini.
For Vista/W7 32 Open command prompt as administrator and type: bcdedit /deletevalue increaseuserva. That deletes the entry.
Reboot and you are back to normal.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IF THIS WORKS COME BACK AND BUMP TO HELP OTHERS

Just as a note: This extended play from 5mins to almost 2 hours for me.

View in thread

Message 27 of 71 (44,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I continue to have the same problem for days, even with all the (relevant, and some non-relevant) proposed fixes. My problem is that after loading Origin and the battlelog website (battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/), when I search a server to join or attempt to join a single player game, I get this error from the Game Manager:

"Could not contact Battlelog, please try again"

over and over no, matter how much I adjust things. And I can log into the site, browse my profile, search servers, etc. so it seems I am connected to some form of battlelog.

The game worked just fine for the first week of owning it, then this started happening. It might have been after a game update, not sure. It did start working for one period of time, then back to the same error. I have no uPnP on my router, I have port forwarded everything, I have triple checked that all programs have admin rights, and all are allowed through my software firewall (I have even disabled it and my anti-virus), I have also upaded punk buster, updated to beta option on Origin, and nothing.

Again, the game worked just fine, then this started happening. For one period I was able to play, then it stopped. I have tried firefox, IE, and chrome, and cleared all internet files / log ins, and re-logged in. I think my next move is to uninstall the whole game and reinstall it, however it looks like the problem is occuring way before the game even tries to launch.

Thanks in advance for the help to be had.

EDIT / UPDATE: This might be helpful for anyone else experiencing this problem. It turned out it was the family internet filter not allowing a behind the scenes site through--doh!

View in thread

Message 30 of 71 (44,375 Views)

Hi d4isycutter,

There's no need to target another player on these forums so let's keep it civil.

Thanks,

Andrew

View in thread

Message 32 of 71 (33,198 Views)

Hero (Retired)

from person yukonterminator

The Problem:

-----------------------------------

"..Game disconnected: could not join server.."

So far its been two weeks since this started. None of the recommended fixes have helped (see below). I'm waiting on EA support to contact me after speaking with customer service. I've run out of tricks to try.

Note: I can play the "Campaign" just fine.

SOLUTION:

Firewall was responsible. Disabling didn't fix the error. Setting bfe.exe as a trusted application worked.

My Attempts To Fix:

--------------------------------------

• Disable AV (Windows Defender) - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Disable Firewall (Comodo) - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Turn off PC UPnP - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Turn off PC SSDP- DONE. Not fixed.
  • Turn off router UPnP - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Reinstall Origin client - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Deleted "C:\Users\<cropped>\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings" - Done. Not fixed.
  • Downgrade Origin client from 9.x to 8.x. - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Reinstall Punkbuster - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Reinstall Battlelog Web Plugins - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Repair BF3 + BF3 Limited Edition - Done. Note fixed.
  • Update Hardware Drivers & Firmware - Done. Not fixed.
  • Cleared computer caches - Done. Not fixed.
  • Uninstall software installed since error - Done. Not fixed.

Notable Errors From "C:\Users\All Users\Origin\Logs":

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 126 [Nov 4 22:25:41.877] Error Origin|Services|OriginServiceResponse processReply

[11780] OriginServiceResponse QNetworkReply error code [202] HTTP status code [403] https://download.dm.origin.com/MyOrigin

/config.xml

• 127 [Nov 4 22:25:41.877] Error Origin|Services|OriginServiceResponse processReply [11780] Failed with REST error code -1
  • 129 [Nov 4 22:25:42.037] Error Origin|Services::Entitlements|Parser|SignatureVerifier valid [11780] Failed to match data
  • 164 [Nov 4 22:28:24.967] Error Origin|Services|ProcessWin createProcess [11780] Open Path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe)

My PC Specs:

---------------------------

Operating System
    MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Core i5 750  @ 2.67GHz    31 °C
    Lynnfield 45nm Technology
RAM
    16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P55-UD4P (Socket 1156)    29 °C
Graphics
    1535MB GeForce GTX 580 (EVGA)    44 °C
Hard Drives
    977GB Western Digital WDC WD10EADS-00L5B1 ATA Device (SATA)    27 °C

View in thread

Message 33 of 71 (33,139 Views)

★★★ Novice

elmaystro,

I had some disconnection issues w/my PS3 as well.1st- if u are connecting wirelessly to ur router I would suggest going wired if at all possible(almost 2X download & upload speeds). Doing that eliminated 75% of my disconnects. 2nd- U might check ur server browser settings in-game. Make sure u have selected only the region u reside in. 3rd-Try using the SERVER BROWSER not the QUICK MATCH option. Another thing I found helpful, see if there is a correlation between ur disconnect rate & the server ur in. This solved about 10% of my issues. Although u can't really tell ahead of time, if u repeatedly lose connection in a specific server(even if ur ping indication is strong)it is probably the server. I would do my best to avoid that server. I still get disconnected from time to time, but we're talking days of playing time in between disconnects, not hrs. or mins.. As for kills,ribbons,unlocks,and pts.. Those should eventually get added to ur totals. Anything I was awarded during a match that I subsequently was disconnected from had shown up in my totals the next time I turned on my PS3 and started playing BF3.

View in thread

Message 38 of 71 (32,847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@n00beris wrote:

Problem 3:
Get disconnected very often without a reason.

Solution 1:
-Download PBsetup from here: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php [evenbalance.com]
-Extract the files in a folder
-Run PBSETUP.exe
-Click "add a game"
-Select "Battlefield 3". The path of the game should be detected automatically, if not, point it to the right path.
-Click check for updates
-Once the downloads are over, you'll get a message "battlefield 3 is up to date" or similiar. you may now close the application.

Solution 2
-Click on the windows logo/start button
-In the searchbar, type services.msc
-Press ENTER
-A list of services should now be in front of you.
-Click "extended" tab
-Search for "UPnP host devices" or something similiar (the description is something like: Allow hosting of UPnP devices blablabla)
-Right click it
-Click Properties
-I don't know how to translate this, but there is an option like "startup", in the general tab. You can choose between: Automatic (delayed startup), Automatic, Manually, Disabled. You must choose Disabled.
-Click on "stop service"
-Click "apply" and close that little windows.
-Search for "SSPD discovery" and do the same things that you did above.
-Close everything
-Reboot.

Solution 3
-Open chrome/IE/firefox
-Type in the adress bar 192.168.0.1 and press enter. if nothing work with that IP, try with one of these: 192.168.1.1, 127.0.0.1, 127.0.1.1. With one of these IPs you should be able to open up your router's page.
-Log into the router panel (username is usually "admin" or "administrator", aswell as the password)
-Once you are in, you should search for an option called UPnP, and disable it. it might be somewhere in the advanced options, i really can't help you with this one because it's not on my router, and every router it's different, so you might or might not have it.

In case you still have the problem...well...go to the nearest churc and turn on a candle, then prey for a bit.

Well, I'll need a candle... I have this problem since ever and ONLY on BF3. And I've tried everything, even reinstalling both game and OS plus every updates for my computer and even a new router and nothing. All I get is

"Game Disconnected : You were kicked from the game"

all that randomly and without warning (I cannot even do a game from start to finish) , except a few seconds of intense Ram/Lag before being back to Battlelog.

View in thread

Message 39 of 71 (32,726 Views)

★ Novice

weelll it worked for me and i have 64 bit 

View in thread

Message 41 of 71 (31,190 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

O M G

There is NO memory leak in BF3. None.

DO NOT use BCDEDIT if you have a 64 bit operating system! It will make your problems worse.

Public forums are one thing, this section should have a level of requirement to respond, so people with 0 technical ability & 0 clue about anything apart from habitually replying with utter rubbish to every post they see, don't cause more problems for people & their expensive hardware.

You're a grown man, you should be able to recognise when you don't know what you're doing or talking about.

Spreading mis-information & wasting people's time, effort, & in some cases money isn't helpful to anyone.

If you can't actually help solve an issue Nooberis, you should stay out of it.

If he can't tell you what it does & why you should do it, then don't.

Message 2 of 71 (170,622 Views)

Hero (Retired)

we are here to help not to fight just do what are u good at and it will be okayStandard smile

Message 3 of 71 (170,600 Views)

Hi!

I deleted two posts from this topic. Please respond to this topic if you have constructive critique to this workarounds, something to add, questions about those steps or if this guide helped you. This is not a place for general discussions, please keep in mind that critique need to be constructive.

Cheers

Basti

Message 4 of 71 (170,565 Views)

★★★ Novice

For RubberBanding Its also A common error "apparently" hat the sound card can mess up you connection, so if your having extreme rubberbanding then go to system devices and disable all sound devices, reboot and see how the rubberbanding is, if its gone then search Google for: bf3 rubber banding network throttling .. And you should find full instructions on how to have sound and play without feeling like Mr. fantastic rubberbanding all over the place.

Message 5 of 71 (170,499 Views)

Hero (Retired)

*****an update*****

Black Screen ? This is a DirectX11 problem, turn it off, and you will be able to play again.

1) Create a text file inside your BF3 dir user.txt and type RenderDevice.Dx11Enable off
2) Close it
3) Rename it to user.cfg

No more black screen bug between maps.

or

do not know if it works, is an old fix. saw in the forum somewhere
if you make for it at your own risk

press start write Run regedit.

go to: HKEY LOCAL MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WoW6432Node/EA Games

Change the GDFBinary &amp; InstallDir paths to CConfusedmileytongue:rogram Files (x86)Origin GamesBattlefield 3

*****************************************************************************************************************

also found this:

FYI - Possible Fix for some with 64-bit Win7 and new BF3 Patch***

My brother recently downloaded the patch and he would play perfectly fine before, and now it freezes every time he tried to load a game (loading black screen) then takes him back to the battlelog.

FIX:

I just disabled UPnP in the setting for his router and it worked immediately after that.

So for those with mostly Linksys routers.
Open up your internet browser
type 192.168.1.1

username: (default username is left blank)
password: (default pw is admin)

Administration tab&gt; Disable UPnP
Save.

Done. Let me know if this works for some.

1. Launch Origin.

2. Select, "Origin."

3. Select, "Application Settings."

4. Select, "In Game" tab.

5. Uncheck, "Enable Origin In Game."

Sometimes, this option will lock up the game when loading. Wouldn't hurt to try. This has fixed some of my loading / freeze up issues.

Message 6 of 71 (170,297 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

******some updates*******

Tweaks & Fixes Index:

1 - Network / Connection Issues.
2 - Gameplay Tweaks. (BF3 weapons database included in this section)
3 - Game Crash / Install / Stability Issues. (Many fixes for crashes / lockups have been found)
4 - Frame Rate & Performance.
5 - Punkbuster & Kick Issues.
6 - Server Tweaks & Fixes for Admins.
7 - November 22 Patch Issues & Fixes.

1: Network Tweaks / Connection Issues.

Fix Disconnections: (Disconnections immediate or every 10-20 mins)

UPnP - Router:

1. Log into your modem / router.
2. Turn OFF UPNP.

Turn off PC UPnP Service:

1. Press: Windows-button (the one between lAlt and lCtrl) + R, a window should pop up.
2. Write: "services.msc" (without the ") then press enter.
3. In the list of services, scroll down to "UPnP Device Host", click it and press "Stop service".
4. Now do the same thing but with the service "SSDP Discovery".
5. Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under "network discovery" select to turn off network discovery
6. SAVE CHANGE

Firewall Blocking / etc

- Boot MSconfig in start. Disable your Firewall and Anti Virus if its a windows based one. Disable any other process there that might affect you and reboot.
-If game works fine. This means there is some issue with your firewall or Anti virus setup.

ECN Packets has been enabled by a Net Speed Tool

To fix this :
1. open a CMD prompt AS ADMINISTRATOR
2. type "netsh"
3. type "int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled"

ECN packets are Refused by EA. These are FAKE packets to fool the connection.

Set BF3 PC in DMZ on your router.

-Note will expose the computer, and the PC will not be protected by the routers firewall.
-Make sure you have your windows firewall enabled.
-This should be a "last resort" measure.

How to play BF3 with multiple PCs on a LAN with UPnP disabled ?

*Credit goes to P1nchedNerve
(Just a note, I didnt think you could do this with origin like you can with steam, but apparently you can!)

eg) Edit each computers BF3 executable to include the " -port XXXXX" (as long as each PC uses a different port)

Computer A = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe -port 10000"

Computer B = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe -port 10001"

Computer C = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe" -port 10002"

Fix: Open / Run regedit.

Battlefield 3 Ports: (may help connection issues)

-If you need help with making exceptions on your firewall(s). Consult the manufacturer.

-If you need help with portforwarding. Please visit www.portforward.com
If you have problems or other issues portforwarding, contact your router manufacturer.

PC Ports:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

PS3 Ports:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016

Xbox 360 Ports:
TCP: 53, 88, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 3074

Servers Lag:

-Either caused by EA or hosting datacenter. No fix currently.

Update: Developers are working on the issue.

Battlelog Error: "ERR_LOGIN_DISPLAYTOS"

Cause: A few players are experiencing this. It is a server related issue. There is no fix.
Have to wait for the developers...

2: Gameplay Tweaks.

Contrast & Lighting too bright !!!!

Fix: Open PROF_SAVE_profile in notepad++
\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings\PROF_SAVE_profile

Change: GstRender.Contrast 0.500000

*Lower the setting to whatever feels right.

Mouse is lagging:

Fix: Turn Origin Off in game.
Settings > In Game > Enable Origin In Game.

Sluggish / Unresponsive Mouse:

1. Go here: C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings
2. Open PROF_SAVE_profile with notepad++ (can download for free)
3. Change the following variables:

GstInput.MouseSensitivity 0.050000

1st one is the normal mouse sens. USE whatever you like, or keep it the way it is.

These can be edited and it may solve the problem.

GstInput.Scheme0Sensitivity 0.000000
GstInput.Scheme1Sensitivity 0.000000
GstInput.Scheme2Sensitivity 0.000000

Battlefield 3 Weapons Database:

-We are unsure of its validity, but if correct, it may be incredibly useful for players.

http://symthic.com/?s=bf3&sb=dmgchart [symthic.com]

How can I play Battlefield 3 using my Steam overlay?

- Disable Origin's overlay (click the gear/cog and go to the "in game" settings tab).
- In Steam, add Origin.exe as a non-steam game to your library.
- Launch the Origin shortcut from your Steam library, then launch BF3.

Long Map Load Times ?

-Is affecting many users, even those with HDDs in raid 0.

Fix:

Try:

Open / Run: regedit.

Alternate Fix: Buy a SSD drive, install BF3 & origin on there.

3: Game Crash / Install / Stability Issues.

Realtek Audio Bug:

1) Rigth Click on the Speaker icon.
2) Right click "Speakers" and select properties.
3) Advanced tab (far right)
4) Uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device".

BF3 PC Lockup / Freeze - with looping audio:

Cause: BF3 bug with onboard (motherboard) audio.

Fix: Install a separate soundcard & use that. Disable onboard audio in BIOS.
*Note users on EA UK forums have had success with Creative X-FI cards. (No game freezes)

Nvidia 560/570 Freezing / Graphics Issues Fix:

1) Update to LATEST Nvidia Drivers
2) Turn OFF - AA - DEFERED
3) Turn OFF - VSYNC
4) Turn OFF - Motion Blur

Nvidia 560 Ti Lockup / Freeze:

1.Go to your card manufacturers website. (E.g. Gigabyte, MSI, Asus etc)
2.Select your card type (E.g. GTX 560Ti)
3.Download the latest BIOS for the card
4.Flash it (Install, it's usually an .exe file)
5.Reboot (Most will prompt you to do it automatically)
6.Frag away.

AMD/ATI 6770m Game Crash with BF3 still running in background (possibly other AMD gfx cards too)

-Load up single player.
-Under options disable Anti Aliasing ( AA deferred )
*Best to disable AA post as well.

-Download the LATEST drivers from your laptops manufacturers site.

-Save & exit.
-Multiplayer should now work. The game shouldnt crash to desktop.

*Can confirm this works as It was discovered while trying to solve the issue with a laptop running BF3.

ASUS G73 Radeon HD58XX Users:

Source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624706495348/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

I found the solution for the problem with G73 from ASUS with ATI RADEON HD5series.
In fact you need to get a proper drivers from ASUS web site and not from AMD ....

Flash you graphics with "93vBIOSa.rar" .... find it on google.
Then deinstall ATI CATALYST preview install. CCLEANER DRIVER SWEEPER.

Install this release of CATALYST.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/downloadget.php?id=2795&file=1&evp=feec49beb63cf6646e7f5f947e9c49ee [downloads.guru3d.com]

And for info..http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=264&threadid=149301 [forums.amd.com]

Graphics Cards Crashing:

-This is common with graphics cards that are factory overclocked or have been overclocked by the user.

-Simple fix is to turn down the MHz (underclock).
*Estimate 40-100 MHz.

-Try turning the frequency down, until you hit a setting where the game runs nicely without lockups/crashes.

ASUS Cards - End of round crash issue:

-All credit to MrPaulieC http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624708842462/#!/bf3/forum/threadview/28... [battlelog.battlefield.com]

PROBLEM: Crashing at the end of every round (BF3.exe has stopped working) just before the scores come up and not being able to play single player.

SOLUTION: If you own an ASUS card (ATi or NV) and you installed the 'Smart Doctor' and/or 'ASUS Gamer' software then this is what's VERY likely causing you end of round crashes. All you need to do is uninstall Smart Doctor and ASUS Gamer, restart your computer and reinstall your video card drivers - that's it!!!

New Graphics Settings Not Displaying After Change ?

Press the Windows Key to force the game to Window Mode, click on the game window to go back into the game. New settings should now be applied.
If this doesnt work. Try exiting the game and starting it again.

Message 7 of 71 (170,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So what have I tried?

error1 error2 (PICTURES)

Message 8 of 71 (170,210 Views)

★ Novice

i have a problem with my gigabyte gtx560 ti oc, i ´did like u sead nothing changed it still crashing

Message 9 of 71 (162,898 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@fjork wrote:

So what have I tried?

error1 error2 (PICTURES)

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx try run it and post screens.....

Message 10 of 71 (170,163 Views)