Re: Battlefield 3 fixes guide (read carefully)

by LiBever

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

Lots of people waiting on your expertise & wisdom n00b-eris......

Come on mate, what's up buddy??

We're waiting for your awesome wall of incomprehensibility to fix everything.

You're a Hero!

Message 31 of 71 (4,171 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi d4isycutter,

There's no need to target another player on these forums so let's keep it civil.

Thanks,

Andrew

Message 32 of 71 (33,494 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

from person yukonterminator

The Problem:

-----------------------------------

"..Game disconnected: could not join server.."

So far its been two weeks since this started. None of the recommended fixes have helped (see below). I'm waiting on EA support to contact me after speaking with customer service. I've run out of tricks to try.

Note: I can play the "Campaign" just fine.

SOLUTION:

Firewall was responsible. Disabling didn't fix the error. Setting bfe.exe as a trusted application worked.

My Attempts To Fix:

--------------------------------------

• Disable AV (Windows Defender) - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Disable Firewall (Comodo) - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Turn off PC UPnP - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Turn off PC SSDP- DONE. Not fixed.
  • Turn off router UPnP - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Reinstall Origin client - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Deleted "C:\Users\<cropped>\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings" - Done. Not fixed.
  • Downgrade Origin client from 9.x to 8.x. - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Reinstall Punkbuster - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Reinstall Battlelog Web Plugins - DONE. Not fixed.
  • Repair BF3 + BF3 Limited Edition - Done. Note fixed.
  • Update Hardware Drivers & Firmware - Done. Not fixed.
  • Cleared computer caches - Done. Not fixed.
  • Uninstall software installed since error - Done. Not fixed.

Notable Errors From "C:\Users\All Users\Origin\Logs":

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 126 [Nov 4 22:25:41.877] Error Origin|Services|OriginServiceResponse processReply

[11780] OriginServiceResponse QNetworkReply error code [202] HTTP status code [403] https://download.dm.origin.com/MyOrigin

/config.xml

• 127 [Nov 4 22:25:41.877] Error Origin|Services|OriginServiceResponse processReply [11780] Failed with REST error code -1
  • 129 [Nov 4 22:25:42.037] Error Origin|Services::Entitlements|Parser|SignatureVerifier valid [11780] Failed to match data
  • 164 [Nov 4 22:28:24.967] Error Origin|Services|ProcessWin createProcess [11780] Open Path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe)

My PC Specs:

---------------------------

Operating System
    MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Core i5 750  @ 2.67GHz    31 °C
    Lynnfield 45nm Technology
RAM
    16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P55-UD4P (Socket 1156)    29 °C
Graphics
    1535MB GeForce GTX 580 (EVGA)    44 °C
Hard Drives
    977GB Western Digital WDC WD10EADS-00L5B1 ATA Device (SATA)    27 °C

Message 33 of 71 (33,435 Views)

★★ Novice

what about the console (PS3) I keep getting disconnected for no reason from the multiplayer, my ping is fine, internet speed is fine, it happens to me every single match i play it frustrating because I lose all my kills and score, what to do?

Message 34 of 71 (3,938 Views)

how to revert the bcedit on a 64 bit windows! i've done i...

★ Novice

how to revert the bcedit on a 64 bit windows! i've done it & yes it **bleep**ed up the gameplay!

@d4isycutter wrote:

O M G

There is NO memory leak in BF3. None.

DO NOT use BCDEDIT if you have a 64 bit operating system! It will make your problems worse.

Public forums are one thing, this section should have a level of requirement to respond, so people with 0 technical ability & 0 clue about anything apart from habitually replying with utter rubbish to every post they see, don't cause more problems for people & their expensive hardware.

You're a grown man, you should be able to recognise when you don't know what you're doing or talking about.

Spreading mis-information & wasting people's time, effort, & in some cases money isn't helpful to anyone.

If you can't actually help solve an issue Nooberis, you should stay out of it.

If he can't tell you what it does & why you should do it, then don't.

Message 35 of 71 (3,944 Views)

★ Novice

hi with my bf3 i get a message that says Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out and its like every 10 to 20 min i think its problem 2 and my computer is running on a 64 bit so i was wondering if you could help me because im not use to this sort of stuff

thanks

Message 36 of 71 (3,884 Views)

★★ Novice

For Problem 5 :

I tried all the suggestions but my BF3 multiplayer is still giltching out. Please Help! Confusedmileysad:

Message 37 of 71 (3,878 Views)

★★★ Novice

elmaystro,

I had some disconnection issues w/my PS3 as well.1st- if u are connecting wirelessly to ur router I would suggest going wired if at all possible(almost 2X download & upload speeds). Doing that eliminated 75% of my disconnects. 2nd- U might check ur server browser settings in-game. Make sure u have selected only the region u reside in. 3rd-Try using the SERVER BROWSER not the QUICK MATCH option. Another thing I found helpful, see if there is a correlation between ur disconnect rate & the server ur in. This solved about 10% of my issues. Although u can't really tell ahead of time, if u repeatedly lose connection in a specific server(even if ur ping indication is strong)it is probably the server. I would do my best to avoid that server. I still get disconnected from time to time, but we're talking days of playing time in between disconnects, not hrs. or mins.. As for kills,ribbons,unlocks,and pts.. Those should eventually get added to ur totals. Anything I was awarded during a match that I subsequently was disconnected from had shown up in my totals the next time I turned on my PS3 and started playing BF3.

Message 38 of 71 (33,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@n00beris wrote:

Problem 3:
Get disconnected very often without a reason.

Solution 1:
-Download PBsetup from here: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php [evenbalance.com]
-Extract the files in a folder
-Run PBSETUP.exe
-Click "add a game"
-Select "Battlefield 3". The path of the game should be detected automatically, if not, point it to the right path.
-Click check for updates
-Once the downloads are over, you'll get a message "battlefield 3 is up to date" or similiar. you may now close the application.

Solution 2
-Click on the windows logo/start button
-In the searchbar, type services.msc
-Press ENTER
-A list of services should now be in front of you.
-Click "extended" tab
-Search for "UPnP host devices" or something similiar (the description is something like: Allow hosting of UPnP devices blablabla)
-Right click it
-Click Properties
-I don't know how to translate this, but there is an option like "startup", in the general tab. You can choose between: Automatic (delayed startup), Automatic, Manually, Disabled. You must choose Disabled.
-Click on "stop service"
-Click "apply" and close that little windows.
-Search for "SSPD discovery" and do the same things that you did above.
-Close everything
-Reboot.

Solution 3
-Open chrome/IE/firefox
-Type in the adress bar 192.168.0.1 and press enter. if nothing work with that IP, try with one of these: 192.168.1.1, 127.0.0.1, 127.0.1.1. With one of these IPs you should be able to open up your router's page.
-Log into the router panel (username is usually "admin" or "administrator", aswell as the password)
-Once you are in, you should search for an option called UPnP, and disable it. it might be somewhere in the advanced options, i really can't help you with this one because it's not on my router, and every router it's different, so you might or might not have it.

In case you still have the problem...well...go to the nearest churc and turn on a candle, then prey for a bit.

Well, I'll need a candle... I have this problem since ever and ONLY on BF3. And I've tried everything, even reinstalling both game and OS plus every updates for my computer and even a new router and nothing. All I get is

"Game Disconnected : You were kicked from the game"

all that randomly and without warning (I cannot even do a game from start to finish) , except a few seconds of intense Ram/Lag before being back to Battlelog.

Message 39 of 71 (33,022 Views)

Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 fixes guide (read carefully)

★★★ Newbie

Hi do you know how to turn it off ? That bcdedit ?

I've enabled it and now it's even worse ...

How should I set it to turn it back to normal ?

Please PM me.

Message 40 of 71 (3,596 Views)