Battlefield 3 does not launch

by Danpels

Original Post

Battlefield 3 does not launch

★★ Novice

I've tried absolutely everything but Battlefield 3 game doesn't run!

After picking a server or campaign, the game starts to load but does not launch. It is also showing up in the task manager for a few seconds, but then it disappears and nothing happens. Battlelog does not even give me any error messages.

I have reinstalled both origin and battlefield applications several times. I have run them as an administrator. I have also tried to reinstall anti-cheat and so on, but nothing helps.

The weirdest thing is, that I played it yesterday and everything went normally. I did not change anything, it just stopped working out of nowhere.

I hope someone can help me!

Message 1 of 5 (626 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3 does not launch

★★ Novice
Faulting application name: bf3.exe, version: 1.6.0.0, time stamp: 0x511c9356
Faulting module name: igd10iumd32.dll, version: 30.0.101.1273, time stamp: 0x61e13629
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x007d1ace
Faulting process id: 0x0x12E0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D927799B52110C
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_5802b1615520e41c\igd10iumd32.dll
Report Id: 1923d36c-fe2a-418c-847c-b38071ae66f9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Message 2 of 5 (615 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hello @Danpels,

It could be several reasons.

At first, please check your latest video-card driver and check what version of the origin client is installed on your computer. Install the newest driver for your video card. Clear your browser cache and/or try a different browser. Reinstall your webplugins for battlelog. Get sure that you have disabled all ad and application blocking software in your browser and using the latest version of Adobe Flash.

Login under http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/gate/ and launch the game from the browser. 

Open your Origin client, click on “Show Game Details”. Then you go to the cloud button on BF3 and uncheck the “enable cloud storage for all games” box. Launch the game. If that helped, you can try to enable the cloud storage after a restart; it might work after with the cloud storage function. Make sure to use the local data when the information box popping up.

Best Regards,

danisoff

Message 3 of 5 (601 Views)

★★ Novice

It seems that I have the latest driver's update. Maybe the problem is the opposite and I need older driver versions, considering that I am using windows 11 and the game is more than 10 years old.

I will try to check on Adobe Flash, but I am not sure if that is the problem, cause I don't see it in my Programs and Features. (To be honest, I am quite bad at computers).

I cleared my browser cache and tried a different browser. I also tried to install plugins for battlelog, but nothing helped.

Also already did all mentioned things with Origin.

I can not really understand, where is the problem, cause as I said, the game previously went normally.

Message 4 of 5 (588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Danpels,

Honestly, I'm surprised that one of the steps did not fix the issue. The only other advice I can give you is to contact EA help, they will be able to assist you more on the issue.

EA help: https://help.ea.com/en/

Best Regards,

danisoff

Message 5 of 5 (561 Views)