Battlefield 3 Is Stuck At "Joining server"

★★★★ Novice

I have..

Re-Installed punkbuster, Bf3, Origin, Battlelog Plugins,

i've used ccleaner,

Ran the game as admin,

Ran origin as admin,

Updated my drivers too

I've had this problem for months now and I have been wanting to play but It wont work. I have tried everything. I dont know what else to do.

Message 1 of 12 (53,189 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3 Is Stuck At "Joining server"

Hero (Retired)

Hi amant1133, some of this you have done but do it and recheck it is still in place please.

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3) and find Bf3.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

Update all this please:

Latest version of DirectX see this page
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

Reinstall Microsoft C++
NOTE>>> you need to select the x64 or the x86 file depending on what architecture your computer has. To find this out, Click Start, right click on "Computer" and select "Properties". Under system type is should say "32-Bit Operating System" or "64-bit Operating System". If 32-bit operating system, download the x86 file, and if 64-bit download the x64 file.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Adobe Flash Player update
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Go to Punk Buster site
http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

1- Download PB then extract files to your desktop.
2- Open Punk Buster folder.
3- Click on the PB setup and it will open.
4-Add your BF3 game to punk buster its at the top of Punk Buster.
5-Then update punk buster again at the top of Punk Buster.

Reboot PC test BF3

If you still crash/ can't join see information below....

Try a clean boot : run a Clean Boot: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/
This should ensure that no programs are interfering in the background.

Below are programs known to make issues in BF

Disable Mantle if you have it and try Direct X, Turn OFF Anti-Aliasing Deferred in video card settings in game. If you have page file turned off then turn it back on as this can make errors even with 32gigs ram.

Others have said if they uninstall MSI Afterburner issues / crashing is stopped. So if you have this installed remove program and test BF. Also look at other programs as Asus Game First Service, Razer synapse, Razer Cortex, Qualcomm Killer Service , Fraps, EVGA Precision, Geforce experience, be sure to turn off the streaming function that is enabled by default ,Raptr, RivaTuner , ASRock eXtreme Tuner, Steam, Skype, aero ,Overwolf extra program in teamspeak and xfire are known to make issues as well. And I am sure more programs not in my list yet turn one off at a time and test BF4.

Uninstall the HD Audio Driver from the video card driver install add/remove programs. This silly thing makes issues in BF4 for some. Reboot then repair BF4 to be safe.

If all this fails to fix it then try this...

C:\Users\your PC Name\Documents\Battlefield 3
BF3 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF3 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF3 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF3 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF3
4- When done go test your game. If it fails reboot your PC and run repair game again and test BF3.

Message 2 of 12 (53,139 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok I will try everything you said thanks for replying.

Message 3 of 12 (53,138 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well I tried EVERYTHING and it still wont load. Im wondering if its a problem with my hardware and if it dosent meet requirements

Graphics-- AMD HD radeon 6450

processor--Intel quad core i5-2500

8gb of ram

Also im looking to play multiplayer I dont really like to play campaign, But should I be launching it somewhere then battlelog for multiplayer and should I use a different browser?

Message 4 of 12 (53,129 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I would try another browser as it sure can't hurt that's for sure. If you want you can run this to rule out windows helping to make this issue as it cant hurt either...

Test your windows for errors as a clean windows install does not always make a stable windows.

NOTE: Running SFC does not guarantee the crash will not happen, but it will ensure it is not because a windows Dll or file is corrupted in windows.

This works in all windows O/S vista Win7, Win8 and Win8.1 windows system file checker :] Copy and past this to note pad and put it on your desktop. As open programs can give you errors when you run this.

sfc /scannow, ever hear of it if not your going to love this, it will inspect all the important windows files as well as the windows DLL files. If windows system file checker finds any issues with the windows files and windows DLL files it will replace them / try to fix them. This little tool as well as the event viewer on a PC saved me and fully helped me fix my BF4 issues as well as saved me many a format since I found it. This is the best toy they ever put in windows :womanvery-happy:

-For win7 go to start/ bottom left screen / windows globe .. Right click in search type cmd and right click cmd pick run as administrator.
-For win 8.1 right mouse click start bottom left of screen / windows box and pick command prompt administrator.

1-Open administrator command prompt and close web pages and programs like Origin, Steam etc.

2-Type or copy and paste in sfc /scannow and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min SSD vs HD

3-This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors ... it fixed some errors ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4-After its done REBOOT PC and Run sfc /scannow again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix run sfc /scannow again and when its done a second time reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5-So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop. If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow

6-If you get a message indicating that it can not be repaired and you ran sfc /scannow more then 3x in a row on win vista or 7 mm you need a format or try repair win 7 :/ But after format or repair and all updates are done run sfc /scannow to make sure your windows is stable same deal 2x error free reboot between them.

NOTE-If your O/S is Win8 or Win 8,1 then you can run the next few command lines in administrator command prompt. Sadly this does not work for win vista or 7 :/ Note: After you run each command line Reboot PC.

This next part of windows scans is only for windows 8 & windows 8.1

Reboot PC after you run each command line and close programs and web pages.

And same deal as above run command prompt administrator.

1-This command line will scan the health of your PC:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

2-This command line will restore the health of your PC and you don't lose anything on your PC :
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Note: If you get errors with the two command lines above and it cant be fixed with second command line and if you are on windows 8.1. Then use third command line but be warned it could take up to two hrs to fix your PC but it will save you a format. I had a friend test this on a PC with errors when it could not be fixed with second command line. :womanvery-happy:

This next part of windows scans is only for windows 8.1 : Credit goes to CptBigoso for finding this..

And same deal as above run command prompt administrator.

1-If restore heath gave you errors then you can always try this command line:

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

2-If you get Error 0x800F081F with the restore health scan then run this command line. After you reboot your PC then run third command line to be sure your windows is fully stable.

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Message 5 of 12 (53,124 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Im not running windows 8 but I ran cmd as admin and typed sfc/scannow and it said there was no errors. I rebooted my pc and did it again. still nothing wrong. So I dont know what to do anymore

Message 6 of 12 (53,108 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Well good windows is not the problem, did you try the clean boot to test BF3 on? Also try another browser if not done already. I will post BF3 specs and then look at yours due to the way I have my browser set up.

Edit this could aslo be due to Origin issue so try this please...

Re- install origin only not your game just origin.

1. Uninstall Origin completely from Windows Control Panel.
2. Reboot your PC. This is important to clear out any lingering registry files or directories.
3. Download the latest here: http://origin.com/download
4. Install Origin You should not be prompted to update.

Check your firewall to be sure it is open to the game and not blocking it.

Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3

• Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
  • Graphics card memory: 512 MB
  • Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
  • Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3

• Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.
  • Graphics card memory: 1 GB
  • Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
  • Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
Message 7 of 12 (53,101 Views)

★ Novice

this is * the proublm is the game ,we havent changed anything thare for weve been defrouded  ea is lible

Message 8 of 12 (51,964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Remove all cookies from a browser related to battlelog - it worked for me

Message 9 of 12 (49,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had that same problem, and I fix it uninstalling Battlelog app from Chrome and repairing BF3 in Origin.

Message 10 of 12 (42,365 Views)