Re: [Battlefield 3] Game does not recognize mouse activity, controls not respond

by mtownmindcrime

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Battlefield 3] Game does not recognize mouse activity, controls not responding.

★ Novice

I've been playing Battlefield 3 for 2 months, I like the game and it works perfect, yesterday I reset all of my Campagion mission data (Starting singleplayer all over from the beginning with different difficulty), I went to start the mission but when I try to shoot or move the mouse it's just stuck, the mouse doesn't read any mouse activity, mouse controls are not responding.
I tried: re-install the game but still the same issue, play with the keybindings settings, reset all keybindings settings, try another mouse, nothing fixed the issue.
I toggled off the option "RAW MOUSE INPUT", when I move the mouse it's just moving like crazy and weird.

Any possible fixes?

Message 1 of 17 (14,775 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Battlefield 3] Game does not recognize mouse activity, controls not respond

★★ Apprentice
@Solived2 Obvious first choice is to try an alternative USB slot, sometimes they can break or the contact pins can be damage or dirty. Also check your drivers, updates most likely.
Try another mouse as well.
In the end BF3 is an old game and the company isn't keen on fixing any bugs which doens't destroy the game or comes close to it.

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (14,725 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice
@Solived2 Obvious first choice is to try an alternative USB slot, sometimes they can break or the contact pins can be damage or dirty. Also check your drivers, updates most likely.
Try another mouse as well.
In the end BF3 is an old game and the company isn't keen on fixing any bugs which doens't destroy the game or comes close to it.
Message 2 of 17 (14,726 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for the help.
I've been playing Battlefield 3 for a long and I did not have any issues with it before, till mouse controls just stopped responding a week ago and I have no idea how to fix it.
I have tried 3 different mouses, there are no new driver updates, also changed alternative USB slot, and none of this fixed the issue.
It looks like the game itself is bugging, because everything is working perfectly till I load up into the game.

Message 3 of 17 (14,705 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Solived2 Hm... I've just looked around a bit more and do you happen to use a joystick?
Message 4 of 17 (14,696 Views)

★ Novice

No, just keyboard and mouse controls.

Message 5 of 17 (14,684 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Solived2 Having the same issue tried everything , nothing I did works need help!!!!!
Message 6 of 17 (14,479 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, could you solve it?

Message 7 of 17 (14,422 Views)

Champion

ensure discord overlay is off (if you use discord)

if you have a joypad/joystick connected (even if you dont use it on this game), disconnect it

if you have any bluetooth items connected, disconnect them

it's likely not the game.  The game hasnt been changed or updated in eons.

I had the issue myself in battlefield and battlefront 2.  mine was caused by Discord.  I do know of others who had the joypad issue.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 17 (14,409 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have also had the problem but im not playing with discord over lay and im launching from google Chrome.

its really bugging me because Bf3 is a really fun game and i enjoy playing it, if there are any possible fixes for this could you let me know thx

Message 9 of 17 (11,935 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have kind of the same problem.

I use Origin overlay, but that is turned of, like a few youtube clips said.

But for me it doesn't help.

My keyboard is responsive, and with my mouse i can shoot.

It's just that everything is spinning round, so i really can't play.

Is there a solution please?

Message 10 of 17 (11,826 Views)