Battelog site won't open in the browser

by Mazate

Original Post

Battelog site won't open in the browser

★★★ Newbie

I just did a fresh install of WIndows 8.1 a few days ago.  Everything is up to date and current.  I installed B3 but when I click on it in Origin, it tries to open the browser page per usual but the site never loads.  It eventually times out and I can't get into play multiplayer because of it.  The game itself loads fine when origin is in offline mode.  I would gladly install the plugin if the site would just load.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (1,767 Views)

Re: Battelog site won't open in the browser

Community Manager (retired)

At first, clear your browser cache and/or try a different browser. Reinstall your webplugins for battlelog. Get sure that you have disabled all ad and application blocking software in your browser and using the latest version of Adobe Flash

Try to access Battlelog and your soldier profile without launching Battlefield out of Origin. Just open Origin, enter the website manually and check if you can access and find a multiplayer match.

Please let us know, is the issue still happen and accept if this helped you to solve your problem.

Cheers                                     
Basti

Message 2 of 5 (1,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried a couple of browsers with no luck.  The site won't load.  I don't have any plugins because the site that I have to go to in order to download them won't load..  I tried to load the game today and got this error in Firefox:

battlelog.battlefield.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for search.dnsadvantage.com The certificate expired on 5/18/2014 11:09 PM. The current time is 7/15/2014 5:32 PM. (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

So, being the careful guy that I am, I didn't create an exception for this in my browser.  I've never seen this error before today.

Message 3 of 5 (1,755 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

There are several possible reasons for this issue, do you have an proxy service or application installed on your PC or your browser?

Okay if you have problems loading the installer for the plugin, check if there are any kind of plugin data already on your machine and try the following workaround:

For Chrome:

1. Uninstalling the Plugin then deleting the containing folder placed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins
  2. Clear Browsing Data ( Settings/Privacy )
  3. Reinstalling the plugin by logging to Battlelog again
  4. In the search bar typing the following command: chrome://plugins
  5. Checking the box Always allowed for ESN Sonar API and Battlelog Game Launcher
  6. Restarting the Browser
  7. Log back into Battlelog via Origin (Play from Battlefield4 icon )
  8. Join a Server
Message 4 of 5 (1,751 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not using any sort of proxy, and it's not that I have trouble loading the installer for the plugin, the option to even download it doesn't ever come up.  In Origin, I click on BF3 and the browser opens as though it is trying to go to the multiplayer site so that I can choose a server and play.  But, the page never loads.  Eventually it just times out.  In regards to your instructions, I don't use Chrome, just Firefox.

Message 5 of 5 (1,744 Views)