BUG: BF3 lag spikes since January 2013...

by lCobraCommanderl

Original Post

Re: BUG: BF3 bad stuttering gameplay since January 2013 updates...

★★★★★ Apprentice

other people are having the same problem, as shown here...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654490162311474/

Message 11 of 37 (3,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I also get stuttering since after this time.

I have a stable internet connection, BF3 is installed on a SSD and is running with a constant 100-120fps with an SLI setup / intel CPU.

It isn't what I'd call extreme but it certainly feels as if the game is going much slower than it actually is... seems to happen quite often and more so on certain maps, server size doesn't seem to effect the results.

I don't believe the issue is at my end, even with a low ping and high frame rate the game certainly feels as if it 'stutters' at times.

I've tried a variety of video card drivers and they all offer the same result.

edit:

I have repaired bf3 through origin, the game is on a fresh system and nothing is running in the background which will effect such lag, my cpu is running around 60% usage while my video cards both push over 90% usage.

Maybe the servers are at times playing up, putting out some sort of lag? I would put it down to my internet if this issue wasn't shared by many others.

Message 12 of 37 (3,150 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This problem is also noticeable at the deploy screen's mini map.  Where there's a slight pause in movement every 2-3 seconds.  This indicates a online bug with BF3.

Message 13 of 37 (3,128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I've been experiencing the same issues and it is very frustrating. I am fairly certain it is a bug with the game. For those people insisting that it's our computers or internet...I'm fairly certain it isnt. My computer has always ran BF3 smoothly without any problems and in the last month it has become very choppy and makes it hard to play Frown. My internet hasnt changed, computer hasn't changed, programs haven't changed...nothing has changed except for recent updates to the game. Pleeeaaaase fix this EA as it is quite frustrating. Thanks! Standard smile
Message 14 of 37 (3,119 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

end game updated etc and still same problem.  this has been happening for too long.  EA / DICE please fix! 

Message 15 of 37 (3,102 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i'm not the only one having this problem.  anyone have a solution for this?! 

Message 16 of 37 (3,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

updated with youtube video showing the problem

Message 17 of 37 (2,969 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

some people think this is an FPS drop problem.  although to me it seems like a lag spike problem...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/pl/forum/threadview/2832654347955584640/last/post_2832654348473...

Message 18 of 37 (2,965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 19 of 37 (2,908 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem when some messages are on chat.when admin is writing something is wrong with chat bot i think need patchh Frown

Message 20 of 37 (2,797 Views)