Re: BUG: BF3 lag spikes since January 2013...

by lCobraCommanderl

Original Post

Re: BUG: BF3 bad stuttering gameplay since January 2013 updates...

★★ Novice

@Kuroha6667 wrote:
You could also try defragmenting the game files to increase performance

That's a common myth.  The last time defragging could actually make a measurable difference was 15 - 20 years ago.

Message 21 of 37 (2,531 Views)

Re: BUG: BF3 bad stuttering gameplay since January 2013 updates...

★★★★★ Apprentice

i already tried defragging.

btw: i know defragging does help in some stuttering cases.   but this is a bug.

Message 22 of 37 (2,520 Views)

★★★ Newbie

started getting this in january as well.  NOT buying any more of their bull**bleep** (including games, DLC, or "defragging").  the fking game has worked for 2 years without a hitch and, quite literally, lag spikes have emerged suddenly and have not subsided.  fix your fking game or NEVER another purchase from me.

Message 23 of 37 (2,290 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue.  Game has been working fine up until a few days ago.  Now I can't get rid of this rubberbanding effect on any BF3 server I go to.  I tried the Origin repair tool on BF3, and updated my graphics drivers (EVGA GTX 580 DS, ver 320.18), and PunkBuster is up-to-date.  Running on Windows 7 64-bit, and like I said, have had no major issues until a couple days ago.  Also, noticed graphical issues have started popping up too (scoresheet not displaying teammates scores until you scroll up and down, but they disappear again... text in chat and on score-sheet come up as weird symbols, or "ghost" numbers appear in the background).  I'm not experiencing online issues with any other game, including that dreadful SimCity game...

Message 24 of 37 (2,203 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been playing since launch and my system only got more stable and powerful since then. I am having very similar problems for 2 days now, and actually I have some may or may not be useful information which can help resolve this issue:

So my problem consists of:

-very frequent lag spikes with my ping going up to 1500ms sometimes

-stucking into the ground or wall and then being unable to move. I shoot my gun and my ammo doesn't decrease during this + other weird things, also I see other players' movement usually fluid and they see me being stuck too.

My internet is totally fine, I had no lag of any kind during these last 2 days (or before) in Leage of Legends. In BF3 when I dont have lag spikes it is around ~50ms ping and 30-60 fps on high settings.

So I saw somewhere in this forum that using GameTime.MaxVariableFps 30 command may help, I tried and it really did. I experimented with giving a value of 40 and the problem came back, so I thought 35 will be fine. It was for like 20 mintues, then it started again so I reduced to 30. ~15 more minutes later I had to decrease to 25 again. Using the The Renderdevice.forcerenderaheadlimit 1  command didn't really make any difference. I tried to repair the game inside of Origin but after completing it said it was already fine.

My system specs:
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 

Radeon HD 7770 (a bit overclocked by manifacturer to 1050Mhz)

4gb ram

i5 661 3.33Ghz cpu

P7P55 LX motherboard v1102

help Confusedmileyembarrassed:Confusedmileyindifferent: please!

Message 25 of 37 (1,974 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm the original poster of this topic and I found the fix to my problem.

I found out that an overheating CPU can cause very bad stuttering. I fixed it by dusting my heatsinks with compressed air. You can also try increasing the CPU fan speed in your BIOS. If you have a similar problem, you should try it.

Message 26 of 37 (3,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

That may be the very case, thanks dude I'll be back with the result.

Message 27 of 37 (1,964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi marv361

I'm having the same story as you - and the problem also started some days ago now (so maybe on the same time as you started having problems). Have you installed the recent Windows Updates? Haven't found any of the updates to describe the problems we are seeing here, but still, it was a lot of updates and I might have missed something.

My system:

Windows 8 64-bit
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 42 °C
12,0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 534MHz (8-8-8-20)
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T DELUXE V2 (LGA1366) 43 °C
SyncMaster (1920x1200@59Hz)
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (Gigabyte) 36 °C

Message 28 of 37 (1,942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think you might be on to something with the updates.. mine was fine until just recently also.

Only things I have done is Windows update and updated to the latest nVidia drivers. I'm going to do driver cleaner and try 314's again and see

Message 29 of 37 (1,925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have just discovred that turning off Plex Media Server helps with the problem. It have just been updated and another post on Reddit made me disable the Plex DNLA service and right after that, everything was good in BF3.

So if you use Plex Media Server, try disabling it. It doesn't have to be installed on your gaming computer, just the fact it's active on your network creates this problem.

Message 30 of 37 (1,916 Views)