Re: BF3 not working with gamepass

by EA_Neil

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF3 not working with gamepass

★★★★★ Newbie

i have battlefield 3 with gamepass and whenever i try launching the game with battlelog it opens ea desktop and says my ea and xbox accounts dont match, they do. ive tried all the other methods of launching bf3 in singleplayer mode and none of them work, and origin doesnt work with gamepass games, any help?

Message 1 of 20 (10,689 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

@EA_Neil 

Works now!

I actually did nothing the last days to test this and now it just starts as if there was never a problem.

Maybe EA fixed it?

Because i wrote an Error-Report over the EA Desktop App.

Anyways, now it works and i can play BF3 :D

View in thread

Message 16 of 20 (12,241 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @jmj1096 ,

Sorry to hear your account does not seem to detect your game pass, let's have a look! Unfortunately we can't load up the account further over the forums but maybe we can figure it out without doing so by answering the following questions:

1. Do you have the Game Pass for the Xbox or also PC?

2. Do you have the normal Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate?

3. Are you on the same Xbox gamertag that has the Game Pass Ultimate or are you sharing it from another Xbox Gamertag?

4. Is the right Xbox Gamertag linked to the EA account you are trying to log in with?

5. Is Battlefield 3 the only game not working or are none of the game pass games working?

Let us know and let's see if we can figure this out.

- EA_Neil

Neil.png
Message 2 of 20 (10,653 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Neil 

So, because @jmj1096  never replied again i thought i ask again :D

1. I have Game Pass on PC.

2. Its Game Pass for PC (so i would say normal?)

3. I only have one Gamertag.

4. Because i only have one Gamertag i would say yes :D

5. Battlefield 3 is so far the only game that doesn´t work, because it wants to start through Origin, but Origin don´t recognize i have Ea Play through Game Pass.

There are a few options that came me in mind, but i don´t know how i should do this.

1. Tell Battlefield 3 it can also launch through EA Desktop.

2. Tell Origin i have EA Play.

3. Find the Serial-Key of Battlefield 3 and activate it in Origin.

I don´t know if these options make any sense, but that´s the options that came me in mind :D

Message 3 of 20 (10,511 Views)

Is this the only EA game that does not work for you from the library of EA Play games? Which other ones have you tried so far? For the Game pass users they will only work via EA Desktop indeed and I'm afraid there will be no way to get this transferred over to Origin to my knowledge.

Xbox released a cool video showcasing how to download EA Play games for users that have the Game Pass for PC which is worth checking out here to see if you've completed all steps.

Let us know.

- EA_Neil
Neil.png
Message 4 of 20 (10,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Neil 

I already played Mirrors Edge Catalyst and Crysis 1-3.

The problem is that Battlefield 3 requires Origin.

The download over the EA Desktop App worked fine, there were no problems with that.

When i start BF3, it takes me on the Batllelog site, thats right so far.

But when i try then to launch the actual game it says it requires Origin. But as i said before Origin won´t recognize that i have EA Play and so i can´t play Battlefield. 

Message 5 of 20 (10,473 Views)

Thanks for the screenshot! This hels a lot. It's indeed odd it wants to start Origin. Just to clarify, you followed the steps below?

1. Close down Origin and make sure it's not running (or start on an restarted computer)
2. Start EA Dekstop and log in
3. Start Battlefield 3
4. Battlelog should open up
5. Find a server
6. Try to join the server.

Do you get an error or is the game starting? Does it ask the same Origin message when the game is already running before you click Join?

If it still does this, can you let me know if you had BF 3 installed before via Origin? 

For Battle.net it can be worth checking the following:

Battle net BF 3.png

Let us know.

- EA_Neil
Neil.png
Message 6 of 20 (10,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Neil 

Origin is closed and is not runnig in backround either.

EA Desktop is running and as i start BF3 it opens up Battlelog.

When i try to join a Server, the window that i screenshoted pops up. 

I never had BF3 installed before.

And when i try to turn off "Use plugin free game launching" it automatically turn on again.

When i try to use a different browser the game tries to launch but i get an error in EA Dektop.

Message 7 of 20 (10,451 Views)

@Evil_5aint5,

Just to confirm, this is when selecting Campaign or the Multiplayer mode?

The Use plugin free game launching should be on as mentioned above so that's good.

- EA_Neil
Neil.png
Message 8 of 20 (10,419 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Neil 

The Error comes at both options, Campaign and Multiplayer.

Message 9 of 20 (10,416 Views)

@Evil_5aint5,

Do you by chance have any anti-virus running like AVG or otherwise?

What happens if you start your computer under a clean boot and try to start a multiplayer match once that's loaded?

You can find how to do this on this article: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Once you restart your computer again after once in clean boot mode it'll restart again like normal.

- EA_Neil
Neil.png
Message 10 of 20 (10,408 Views)