Re: BF3 chrome browser plugin not updating

by stoneman295

Original Post

BF3 chrome browser plugin not updating

★★★ Newbie

I got the notification to update my BF3 browser plug-in to version 1.140.0.   The update downloads and the .exe runs, but then nothing seems to happen.  In the Battlelog is says that the browser plugin is still installing, though nothing pops up on the screen.  I've tried re-downloading and running with no success.  Doesn't seem to matter whether Origin is running or not.  This is all in Google Chrome.  Any recommendations?

Message 1 of 5 (10,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same issue, Chrome Version 23.0.1271.64 m. Windows 7.
Uninstall/re-install plugin doesn't help, neither does repair in Origin. 
Something to do with BF 1942 or PunkBuster?

Message 2 of 5 (10,053 Views)

Hero (Retired)

no problems on chrome Version:2.3.15.10

Message 3 of 5 (10,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I use firefox & had the same problems, after i installed the latest plugin nothing happened, so i went to firefox addons and under plugins i enabled the plugin called esn sonar now i can play again! spread the word should be the same process for other browsers.

@dipdocdan wrote:

I got the notification to update my BF3 browser plug-in to version 1.140.0.   The update downloads and the .exe runs, but then nothing seems to happen.  In the Battlelog is says that the browser plugin is still installing, though nothing pops up on the screen.  I've tried re-downloading and running with no success.  Doesn't seem to matter whether Origin is running or not.  This is all in Google Chrome.  Any recommendations?

Message 4 of 5 (9,656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

enable ESN sonar plugin in browser settings

Message 5 of 5 (9,653 Views)