Re: BF3 Premium Edition Addons (Karkland & CQ) are not activated. XBOX 360

by GeneralNauni

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF3 Premium Edition Addon (CQ) is not activated. XBOX 360

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Got the new BF3 Premium Edition that was released today. Put in the code and went to the store and downloaded Armor Kill and the other patches but it wants me to pay for the CQ download and I can't go into a CQ server cause it says the server is running DLC that I don't have. Also can't run Karkland but redownloading that addon. But not sure why AK works but not CQ. Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Update.... Redownloaded the Karkland and it is working now. Seems like I got a plain BF3 but got a Premium code cause I had to download over 6gig of updates. Would appear that the new release of BF3 Premium isn't an updated disk, doesn't appear to even say Premium on the disk. Still can't find a place to download CQ without having to pay for it.

Message 1 of 11 (6,670 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

If you're a Battlefield 3 Premium player on XBOX 360 you do not need to download anything to access Close Quarters. The content was included in the Multiplayer Patch #3, which was a forced download / patch for the game on June 5th, 2012.

No additional download is needed, and the content cannot be downloaded through the in-game store. Battlefield 3 Premium players can access this content via the regular map and server browser located in-game.

Source :- https://help.ea.com/article/accessing-battlefield-3-close-quarters-on-xbox-360

If already done , then i think you should better contact EA Customer Care ASAP .. they may have information on that particular issue 

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (6,707 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

Go to menu>>multiplayer>>game mode >> conquest domination >> and then search

check does it helps

there are multiple threads on it looks like to be common problem but kindly try the above steps because few days back it worked for someone 

Message 2 of 11 (6,652 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same issue. even the shortcut items that are supposed to come with the premium edition cost points. i bought this thinking it all came with the purchase and i cant download half the content that was supposed to be available with purchase of the premium edition.
Message 3 of 11 (6,648 Views)

★★ Novice

I went to the conquest domination it didn't help and not sure why going there would unless that is what you are wanting to play. My problem is with the new release of BF3 Premium Edition that they are selling now as of 9/11/12.

Message 4 of 11 (6,645 Views)

★★ Novice

@sEiZeDsNuTz206 wrote:
I am having the same issue. even the shortcut items that are supposed to come with the premium edition cost points. i bought this thinking it all came with the purchase and i cant download half the content that was supposed to be available with purchase of the premium edition.

As I tried to go in and play the game it kept having me download different updates. As I did that then some of the other content in the store became free. Except for CQ that one still cost in the store and it is not available for play in game. You should have over 6Gig of updates when you are done or atleast all of them except for CQ! LOL

Message 5 of 11 (6,642 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What about the shortcut items? it says right on the cover of the premium edition case " Battlefield 3 game plus battlefield 3 premium membership featuring ALL 5 EXPANSION PACKS" if were not getting Close Quarters then were not getting what we paid for. and on the back it does say you get a head start kit with 15 avdvanced weapons plus gadgets and more
Message 6 of 11 (6,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

If you're a Battlefield 3 Premium player on XBOX 360 you do not need to download anything to access Close Quarters. The content was included in the Multiplayer Patch #3, which was a forced download / patch for the game on June 5th, 2012.

No additional download is needed, and the content cannot be downloaded through the in-game store. Battlefield 3 Premium players can access this content via the regular map and server browser located in-game.

Source :- https://help.ea.com/article/accessing-battlefield-3-close-quarters-on-xbox-360

If already done , then i think you should better contact EA Customer Care ASAP .. they may have information on that particular issue 

Message 7 of 11 (6,708 Views)

Re: BF3 Premium Edition Addon (CQ) is not activated. XBOX 360

★★★ Novice

Try to call/email EA .

Message 8 of 11 (6,622 Views)

Re: BF3 Premium Edition Addon (CQ) is not activated. XBOX 360

There are two great posts in this thread that most likely addresses your problem. 

1.  You should not have to download CQ on Xbox because it was in the large file update that you downloaded, unlike B2K and AK which had to be downloaded seperately.  All you should need to do after downloading the updates, B2K and AK is to open server browser, click R3 and ensure that all new maps and new game modes that you wish to play are selected.  I've had to do this after downloading every expansion or you won't find a game for the new expansions. 

2.  Also be sure that you are downloading items via the in game store and not via the XBL store or you will be charged again.

Good luck!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 9 of 11 (6,615 Views)

★★ Novice

@GeneralNauni wrote:

Well you are pretty much correct. I called EA and they went through my downloads. I was missing the one "Multiplayer Patch 3" but it is not a force download as a matter of fact it wasn't in my game store, they had me go to my XBOX app store under the BF3 game and find it there to download it. He assured me that would fix my problem and it is over 2Gig and is downloading as I type this. If this doesn't work I will edit this post. If you have all the downloads there should be almost 10Gig fo them so far. Thanks EA Support!!!!!

Message 10 of 11 (6,584 Views)