BF3 PS3 West US servers down

★★★★ Apprentice

Error message returned "The server host could not be found."

Unable to join any West US servers.

Message 1 of 26 (2,994 Views)

Re: BF3 PS3 West US servers down

Community Manager

Hey, @BMWsport99 

Are you still having some trouble connecting? Which platform do you play the game on and have you tried rebooting your network?

Let us know if these steps in the article I linked don't help get you back on the battlefield.

Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 26 (2,949 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Still persists.  PS3, opened all ports on my router before this happened, still returns the error.  Worked for one day after server maintenance was complete, then the next day, same error. (2 days in a row now)

Message 3 of 26 (2,897 Views)

Community Manager

@BMWsport99 

Are you able to join any non West US servers? Just looking to see if it's only related to those ones. 

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 26 (2,884 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

As of now, only 2 west US servers are up and able to join, [DICE] servers return the same error as do all other rented servers, not able to join,13 pages of servers availalbe..  Once in either of these 2 servers that are up, when you go to 'start > server settings' - the Region shows 'unavailable' instead of the server location.

Message 5 of 26 (2,876 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I'm able to join all server regions as normal.  Still, either a rented server or a [DICE] server, start > server settings - region shows 'unavailable'.

Message 6 of 26 (2,870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey. The same thing was happening in the server im admin of. Today somehow i got it going. I just spammed the join button until i got in. After that, my guess is that other players were able to join normally. The server is full atm and i first joined like 5 hours ago. I dont know what would happen if everyone left the server and then anyone try to join the server while empty tho.

Message 7 of 26 (2,861 Views)

Community Manager

@BMWsport99 

When you are trying to join does it show the server with 64/64 players already?

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 26 (2,846 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

PS3 only supports 24/24, yes, both of those servers were working, able to join, but all other servers returned the error.  I'll send 2 photos here:

Message 9 of 26 (2,810 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, @BMWsport99 

Can you try removing it from your favorites and then try joining it again?

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 26 (2,784 Views)