Re: An update regarding Veteran Status in Battlefield 3

by sakatagintoki14

Original Post

An update regarding Veteran Status in Battlefield 3

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I posted this on the Battlefield 3 subreddit and I thought I should share this information here too.

Everyone, I am pleased to announce that IT IS STILL POSSIBLE to unlock the M1911 in 2023, as I just got mine today.

Last time I talked to EA support about this was around october last year (I think), and none of their advisors was able to help me... Until now, when I decided to give it one more try.

I contacted EA India, and this advisor (God bless his/her soul) was able to grant me max veteran status.

Chat Started: Tuesday, February 21, 2023, 20:50:08

Agent ***

( 3s ) EA advisor: Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is ***, may I start with your first name please?

( 15s ) Me: hi my name is ***

( 24s ) EA Advisor: Hello ***! Nice to meet you. Hope you are doing well!

( 25s ) EA advisor: How may I assist you today?

( 41s ) Me: thanks, hope you are doing well too

( 54s ) Me: I have a problem in Battlefield 3

( 1m 8s ) EA advisor: Please share so that i can look into it for you.

( 1m 23s ) Me: Battlelog does not detect my veteran status to unlock the M1911 gun

( 2m 3s ) Me: I talked to people on the EA forums with the same problem as mine, and told me they got their veteran status increased by an EA advisor

( 2m 30s ) EA advisor: I see that you are unable to unlock the M1911 gun as the battlelog is detect your veteran status, correct?

( 3m 17s ) Me: yes, I am a veteran because I played Battlefield Bad Company 2, but Battlelog still doesn't show it

( 4m 47s ) EA advisor: No worries, I'll try my best to help you with it.

( 4m 54s ) EA advisor: Could you please share the registered email address of your EA account and username with me?

( 5m 16s ) Me: sure, thank you

( 5m 22s ) Me: ***my email***

( 5m 30s ) Me: ***my username***

( 5m 37s ) EA advisor: Thank you.

( 5m 42s ) EA advisor: May I put the chat on hold for 2-4 minutes while I look into your issue?

( 5m 52s ) Me: yes, no problem

( 10m 11s ) EA advisor: Thank you for the patience.

( 10m 24s ) EA advisor: I am looking into the matter for you.

( 10m 40s ) Me: thanks

( 13m 5s ) EA advisor: Sorry for the wait it is taking longer than usual.

( 13m 25s ) Me: it's ok, no problem

( 15m 26s ) EA advisor: I have added the max vet status on to your account.

( 15m 32s ) EA advisor: The issue should be resolved now.

( 15m 38s ) EA advisor: Apart from this, Is there anything else I can help you with at the moment?

( 17m 19s ) Me: It worked

( 17m 25s ) Me: Thank you so so so so so much

( 17m 29s ) EA advisor: Perfecto!

( 17m 41s ) Me: You're a hero, for real

( 17m 43s ) EA advisor: Thank you for the patience and cooperation throughout the chat session, glad to be able to have a conversation. For any future query please feel free to contact us back.

Thank you for contacting EA Help.

Chat Ended by: Agent

Chat Duration: 17m 43s

The Battlefield Veteran coins show up on my Battlelog profile now. I also checked the veteran status in Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it shows me the max number (13).

I guess you just have to be extremely lucky when it comes to EA support.

Best of luck to everyone else trying to get their M1911.

Here's my Battlelog: Tewdz - Battlelog / Battlefield 3

Message 1 of 10 (1,124 Views)

★★ Apprentice

How would I speak specifically to an advisor in India?

Message 2 of 10 (1,075 Views)

★ Guide

You just select the country when you access EA Help.

I'll just give you the exact link I used.

https://help.ea.com/in/contact-us/?product=battlefield-3&platform=pc&category=codes-and-promotions&c...

Just press on the "request live chat" button.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 10 (1,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

First guy I got said the same thing they all say, which is essentially they can't do anything. Second guy seemed like he couldn't add it either however he said he would go out of his was to file a bug report and that he plays the game too. Although its possible nothing could result (and probably likely) it was a really nice gesture on his part, and if somehow something does result in something, then that would be beneficial to everyone.

Message 4 of 10 (1,032 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Asked a couple more advisors. Finally got a guy that was able to give me a Vet Status so I could get the gun. And they didn't even ask for any account info, since they could just look up the account that sent the case, which was a great touch. Very happy.

Message 5 of 10 (996 Views)

★ Guide

That's really awesome to hear.

Congrats! Standard smile

Message 6 of 10 (979 Views)

★★ Novice

Seems like it’s getting harder to find these agents or I’m just very unlucky. I spoke to 12 Indian agents that were unable to assist me, before an agent named Lalit was able to grant me maximum Veteran Status in Battlelog.

Have any of you been able to get support to unlock the F2000 on your account in Bad Company 1? Bad Company 1 doesn’t connect to Battlelog, so I asked the agent who granted me Veteran Status to unlock the F2000 for me, but he was unable to do so after trying for a while.

Message 7 of 10 (507 Views)

★★ Apprentice

12 was about the amount of agents I had to speak to as well. Understandably most support agents do not have the tools, or are not trained on how to use them, since BF3 is 12 years old.

Regarding the F2000, I seriously doubt you will be able to get any assistance for that, since the game is even older (15 years!) and since it's being sunset in a few months. You could always try, but it'll take way longer than the M1911, if it's even still possible.

Message 8 of 10 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Seems like there are very few people who can still do this at EA Support. I mainly made the original post so that people keep trying and don't get discouraged when so many support agents tell them it's impossible.

Still no success with the F2000. Frown

Message 9 of 10 (417 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tewdz me puedes especificar en que parte dice solicitar chat en vivo tengo el mismo problema perdon por las molestias
Message 10 of 10 (114 Views)