by davepdc

Original Post

Re: Ability to play on Surface Pro

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the info

Message 11 of 19 (1,561 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, I know this is an old post, but I'm trying to use Origin on a Surface Pro with Windows 8.1 update x64.

The setup worked fine, but when the client starts I'm unable to set the focus to the app, so I cannot insert username and password. I cannot even close the window, I have to terminate Origin using Task Manager.

I tried to use compatibility mode without benefits. I stopped Windows Firewall with no luck.

Thanks in advance

Roberto

Message 12 of 19 (1,482 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The video solution in the Surface Pro is part of nVIDIA's Tegra 4 APU, and usable benchmarks are hard to come by. However, it certainly doesn't appear as though it is in the Geforce 8800 GT class (minimum). 

Message 13 of 19 (1,475 Views)

★ Novice

Actually, the Surface Pro is based on a Core i5 CPU, with an Intel HD 4000 GPU integrated...

Please read here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_blog/archive/2012/11/29/next-up-for-the-surface-family-surface-...

Maybe you were referring to the Surface RT...

Thanks for your help

Roberto

Message 14 of 19 (1,464 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

There is no difficulty at all getting plenty of the dismal benchmarks for the various substandard Intel IGPs that are not supposed to ever be supported in this game:

GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ATI Radeon 3870 or higher performance)
GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)

Message 15 of 19 (1,462 Views)

★ Novice

Hello all,

I found a very simple solution. Using an external mouse, I can set the focus in the Origin app, and insert userane and password. I guess that the Origin initial form is not compatible with the Surface's touch features.
I hope this post can be useful to other community members.

Roberto

PS: other games are running normally on the Surface... I will try Battlefield 3 asap Wink

Message 16 of 19 (1,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so can i run java on the surface pro 3

Message 17 of 19 (1,404 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Did you find a solution to this? 10 years later????

Message 18 of 19 (1,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

We are moving over to EA app fore more information here on the requirements. 

If you have any issues with Battlefield 3, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic

Message 19 of 19 (1,634 Views)