Re: ACCOUNT HACKED AND NEW SECURITY QUESTION IN RUSSIAN!!!???

by An1maL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ACCOUNT HACKED AND NEW SECURITY QUESTION IN RUSSIAN!!!???

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So I come back from a night out on the town to discover that my Origin account has been logged in to from another PC. I immediately attempt to reset my password and discover that my security question has been reset with a question in Russian!!! Translated it is something like "What is name of cat"? Not good! I try to contact tech support from EA and there is no reliable way to contact a real person in a reasonable manner. I waited for 30 minutes to get a response via chat, I don't have the phone option available either so the only thing I can do is post here and worry worry worry all night and perhaps all day tomorrow because it is a Sunday! At the moment my password is still the same, I verified my email and everything is working, but the security question is not mine! It is extremely frustrating and unacceptable that EA has such lack security and even worse customer service when dealing with these problems. I just recently purchased Premium (Battlefield 3) for myself and my boy and now I am greeted with this garbage! I expect EA to correct this problem immediately and give me the confidence I deserve and the service I have paid for. I have already sworn off buying anything else via Origin due to the bloated garbage it is and this incident will only solidify that decision. Under no circumstances will I buy any game released via Origin going forward. If I can't get it on another platform I will skip the game all together. Thank you EA for your crummy software, lack security and poor customer service! I have been robbed by an industry giant that will eventually be slayed by it's own stupid yet easily correctable mistakes!

Disappointed and disgusted!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated 45 minutes later:

After waiting for 45 minutes a chat support reps asks to help and proceeds to ask me my name, email address, a product code and my billing address. We chat for a good 15 minutes and in the end tells me a special team will have to be contacted on Monday!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding my useless chat with EA:

I expressed concerns that she asked me a ton of detailed account information and then could not assist me. This was her response directly from the chat window "There's nothing for you to worry regarding the information that you have provided during this conversation for it will be secured as part of our privacy policy". I suppose she expected me to take that seriously after having my account hacked? 

Message 1 of 14 (5,207 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

I can give you the following links to help you, but since you didn't ask a question (which is the whole point of this place) I cannot do anything more. Hope it all works out:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/IMPORTANT-Procedure-for-hacked-compromised-accounts/m-p/1632#...

https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-maintain-account-security

Please accept the solution if it's correct and press the XP button if somebody helped you.

Cheers
-Carbonic

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (5,508 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I can give you the following links to help you, but since you didn't ask a question (which is the whole point of this place) I cannot do anything more. Hope it all works out:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/IMPORTANT-Procedure-for-hacked-compromised-accounts/m-p/1632#...

https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-maintain-account-security

Please accept the solution if it's correct and press the XP button if somebody helped you.

Cheers
-Carbonic

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 14 (5,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Nothing in any of those links helps to resolve the core problem of Origin being less than secure. I have never been phished, I have a complex password and change them frequently, I am virus free, I don't visit unscrupulous websites...infact I use several methods to block known phishing websites, block the majority of social networks and other malicios sources. All of my other online accounts are secure so the problem described in my title and in my post is a question about Origin and to EA in general. If what I described does not alert employees from EA to take action and assist me with my account immediatly than my conclusion is exact and sound. I will attempt to follow up on Monday as asked by the chat agent, but in the meantime my account is compromised, I can't change the password as described in the original post and EA is doing nothing about it for the time being.

PS: Since hackers/crackers already managed to reset my security question, in Russian no less, with a solid password in place it sounds like regardless of what EA manages to do for me I will still be at risk from whatever vunerabilty was in place before.

Update: Apparently this problem is huge http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/Account-Hacked-Compromised-and-Account-Security/td-p/365452/p... and by looking at EA's reaction it is not a #1 priority to correct it. EA if you care about your customers here is the best way to resolve the problem.

A.) When your customers use any of the communication methods available (forums, chat, phone or email) please respond immediately to security issues. It is unacceptable to have to wait a day let alone days and in some cases weeks to resolve these types of problems. They deserve a 24/7 phone number that will connect them with people in their own continent who can immediately address these issues specifically.

B.)  Determine where the source of the problem is post haste! Is it internal to your organization? Is it a flaw in your web server configuration, a database or Origin itself? It should be obvious by now that it is something EA has overlooked or is not putting enough resources into correcting.

C.) Resolve the technical problem or close the security breach and immediately compensate your customers by either gifting them a popular title they don't already own, refund them for the full price of their latest purchase, provide them with a credit towards a future purchase and issue a very public apology so your customers feel validated.

Message 3 of 14 (5,166 Views)

★★★ Novice

After 90 minutes on the phone with EA a very diligent rep worked very hard to make sure we could get everything squared away and I didn't have to wait any longer. At the moment my password is reset, my security question is reset and I will hope there will not be any problems in the future?

Message 4 of 14 (5,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me. Now my **bleep**ing Dead Space 3 is gone from my game's list and my code is in use. What a **bleep**ING JOKE of a program. I HATE E.A. Will NEVER EVER buy a product again. Will **bleep** on their name every chance I get. **bleep** YOU, E.A.

OH! To add to that, I've been waiting to "speak to an E.A. game advisor" for 6 and 1/2 hours! Interesting how it says 30-45 minutes. I refreshed and it said 10-15 minutes. 5 hours later, nothing. **bleep** YOU E.A. This is THE **bleep**TIEST god damn joke of a **bleep**ing program I've ever **bleep**ing used.

I hate you.

With sincerity,

Aaron Nolden

Message 5 of 14 (4,831 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry to hear it man! I have not had any issues since I posted this, but I will still hesitate to buy anything that requires ORIGIN again. Too bad considering BF4 and I believe TITANFALL will be on ORIGIN! EA should get over themselves and just release on STEAM. I have never had that problem on VALVES sexy platform.

Message 6 of 14 (4,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got the same probleme as you. Haven't played games for over 1 year and always wondering why I was receiving message in a language that I didn't understand.

Went on my account, tryed to acces my info and voila, security question in Russian saying... For what the friend? when translated.

What do I have to do to regain acces to my account?

They even changed my account name and picture.

Message 7 of 14 (4,822 Views)

★★★ Novice

Start to communicate via HELP for ORIGIN and report a security issue. They will eventually give you a phone number to call. I had to provide 3 levels of security information to get it reset...good luck.

Message 8 of 14 (4,819 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

mistormist, I feel your pain. I found this and all I can say is ROFL. Never buy anything from EA.

Origin Store displaying in Russian

Programs that may conflict with Origin
If you are having problems with Origin, there may be programs running that may be causing these issues.

My game downloaded through Origin but will not install
This issue can occur because the user account currently in use may not have the access level needed to install the game or the computer's security settings ma…

Origin Store displaying in Russian
Some non-Russian players have reported that the Origin Store is displaying in Russian when accessed from the Origin client.

Origin and Windows 7/8
The latest version of Origin supports Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8--both the 32 and 64-bit versions.

Origin On the House game giveaway info
We're gamers, too, and we appreciate you making Origin your gaming home. As a special thanks, we're launching the Origin On the House games giveaway.
Some non-Russian players have reported that the Origin Store is displaying in Russian when accessed from the Origin client.

Rest assured that Origin team is investigating these issues and hopes to restore normal service soon.

Stay tuned for updates and we appreciate your patience.
Message 9 of 14 (4,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Notice this thread was from 2013.. we're now in 2014 and it's still not resolved. 

GG EA. Nice life.

Message 10 of 14 (4,274 Views)