A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed succsessfully Setup Cannon continue (false)

by xLennoxl

Original Post

A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed succsessfully Setup Cannon continue (false)

★ Novice

When i trying to install battlefield 3 give my that : Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed succsessfully Setup Cannon continue. (false)

What i can to do ? Please help me

Message 2 of 9 (29,600 Views)

A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed succsessfully Setup Cannon continue. (false)

★ Novice

When i trying to install battlefield 3 give my that : Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed succsessfully Setup Cannon continue. (false)

What i can to do ? Please help me

Message 1 of 9 (29,516 Views)

Re: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed succsessfully Setup Cannon continue (false

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
Message 3 of 9 (29,510 Views)

Re: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed succsessfully Setup Cannon continue (false

★ Novice

I don't understand how i can do that, you can help my with teamviwer 8 ?

Message 4 of 9 (29,506 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Try the following:

-Reinstall DirectX.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\__Installer\directx\redist
2:Find file named DXSETUP.exe and right click on it and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRTOR. Install it. It should update your DirectX install.
3: You might need to reboot computer first.
4: try to launch game.

-Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\__Installer\vc\vc2008sp1\redist
2: Right Click on vcredist_x64.exe and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR then follow onscreen prompts.
Do the same with vcredist_x86.exe and follow onscreen prompts.

Now try and continue to install the game.

Message 5 of 9 (29,498 Views)

Re: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed succsessfully Setup Ca

★★ Novice

Does not work for me. Still having problem

Tried reinstalling everything mentioned.

Message 6 of 9 (29,122 Views)

Re: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed succsessfully Setup Ca

★★★★★ Newbie

Holy crap this is a four year old problem?  I can't install Anthem for this reason.  Glad to see their follow-up support game is so on point.

Message 7 of 9 (8,339 Views)

★★ Novice

I got the same error today while preloading Anthem.

Message 8 of 9 (7,800 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Hecate3366  @Jalyper 

This post is over 4 years old so I'll lock it down from new replies. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

I recommend searching the Anthem boards for this error message if the steps above did not work. For errors there might not be one solution that works for everyone.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/anthem-technical-issues-en

You can also search "redistributable package" at the home page to check out solutions offered across all games if one does not work for you in the Anthem boards. 

http://answers.ea.com/

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 9 (7,309 Views)