bf1 won't let me join servers

by pmedice72

Original Post

Accepted Solution

bf1 won't let me join servers

★★★ Newbie

bf1 won't join servers because of "not enough bandwidth" and runs poorly when it does join

Message 1 of 10 (1,231 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: bf1 won't let me join servers

Hero
@pmedice72 If you're finding full ones, probably the best thing to do is to join the queue. That way, after you get in, you'll be able to stay on that server. That's what I normally do anyway.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (1,114 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hey @pmedice72,

Do you have a 512KB/S or faster connection?

Message 2 of 10 (1,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes i do i have a 20mbs connection

Message 3 of 10 (1,170 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@pmedice72 As for the issue you are facing, do you mean that you get this error message as shown in the image below? Battlefield™ 1 - Connection to EA Online timed out error message

If yes, do you get this error message usually when you try to join a server like as shown in the gif below?

Sorry for the bad quality, because the file is too big and I had to reduce it significantly

Message 4 of 10 (1,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I also cannot seem to find any populated servers, most are either empty or completely full

Message 5 of 10 (1,151 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i had the same problem weeks back, its the 

ISP, internet service provider, 

trying to save money, by fiddling around with the bandwidth.

Message 6 of 10 (1,133 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

In that case, the best solution is to restart the game. You can try to repair the game through Origin, but the problem will come back after a certain time. This problem may happen when you leave a server mid-game and join a new server.

As for the second problem, go to Server Browser and then go to Filters and go to Slots and make sure you select only these 4 options as shown in the image below Battlefield 1 - Filters.png

If you select All option, you will see many empty servers which is something you don't want. Make sure it's not selected.

Message 7 of 10 (1,123 Views)

Hero
@pmedice72 If you're finding full ones, probably the best thing to do is to join the queue. That way, after you get in, you'll be able to stay on that server. That's what I normally do anyway.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 8 of 10 (1,115 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes but the issue is that even if they had open slots I can’t join because of the “bandwidth requirement” error

Message 9 of 10 (1,097 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here, just bought the game and i got to play it for 1 hour before this problem started, its been 3 days, done everything to fix it but nothing 

Message 10 of 10 (786 Views)