Re: bf1 crash to desktop after patch

by icemount

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

If u are using it try turning off Rivatuner, MSI afterburner, FRAPS and so on. I had this issue caused by RivaTuner.

Maybe it will help you.

Message 31 of 55 (2,113 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't have riva tuner, afterburner etc. I tried to install full package of nvidia drivers or just drivers itself. No overclocking. Clean boot. GTX770/i5 4690 - same problem with BF1 trial.

Message 32 of 55 (2,093 Views)

★ Apprentice

same problem here, trrial on origin access, exits to desktop with no error message every time I try to quickmatch conquest.

Message 33 of 55 (2,077 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Try this fix to switch back to DX11 so you can at least play.  It's what I had to do while I wait for a fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJDR0oT54bE

Afterburner is the issue.

Message 34 of 55 (2,046 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi m8, sorry if I am nagging, but I know sometimes people forget to do that.

You installed clean version drivers right?

I mean:

1. Uninstall old drivers

2. Run system in safemode and remove all NVIDIA files via for example Driver Sweeper or DriverFusion

3. Install new driver package

I noticed that after several installs of drivers "on top" of old ones many programs are not working properly, so I do clean install for every version.

Maybe that will help, good luck.

Message 35 of 55 (2,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Had the same problem. I did the "disable origin in game" setting in origin and that didn't work.

I also found that disabling MSI Afterburner seemed to get BF1 working again but I wanted to use my overclock settings. So I went into Afterburner to try and pin down what may have been causing the issue.

What seems to have ended up working for me was going into the MSI Afterburner settings ->video capture tab ->Changed video capture to NONE by backspace-deleting the hotkey F10 value that was present and it changed the value to NONE. Also kept video prerecord to NONE. 

So far seems to be fine now with overclock settings in place.

***Sidenote: if you have Xbox Windows 10 gaming app installed and still having issue might want to open it and go into settings menu --> Game DVR --> Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR and turn it OFF as well.

Message 36 of 55 (2,010 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried it but it doesn't fix it 

Message 37 of 55 (1,977 Views)

Community Manager

@HIIZENNBURG Are you playing the Origin Access trial? If so, unfortunately the trial is affected by a technical issue right now and we don't have a workaround. 

We are investigating and hopefully we will have an update soon. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 38 of 55 (1,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here

Message 39 of 55 (1,708 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If our origin access runs out will we not be able to continue playing the trial we got with access? I signed up for origin access so I could try this game and this feels like baiting to make me buy the game before my subscription runs out.

Message 40 of 55 (1,695 Views)