Re: battlefield 1 fps drop issue

by darsam26

Original Post

battlefield 1 fps drop issue

★★ Novice

In Menu i got like 120+ fps but when in game fps drops below 60. Does anyone know how to solve the issue?

My laptop spec:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600H

16 GB

RTX 3050

Message 1 of 12 (1,231 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @darsam26 In general you can try things like adjusting in-game settings, closing other running applications and overlays, check for the latest windows and GPU driver updates. Can you try going through those and let us know if the FPS changes?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 12 (1,202 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes i have tried adjusting things you've mentioned to no avail. However, i've tried to create user.cfg and put in battlefield 1 directory and it makes my fps stable on 60 fps with no laggy or stuttering, so it did help a little. But i didnt solve the problem because i guess my rig could run battlefield 1 with much higher fps.

Message 3 of 12 (1,175 Views)

Community Manager
@darsam26 Are you running anything else while playing? Would it be possible to get a dxdiag of your system?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 12 (1,079 Views)

★★ Novice

Im not running anything while playing.

Please check my dxdiag, hope it helps in finding the root cause.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 12 (1,010 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @darsam26 To confirm I see 2 GPU's list an integrated and dedicated GPU, can you set the game to run through Nvidia control panel to the 3050 and check if this continues?

Illium.png

Message 6 of 12 (992 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @darsam26 To confirm I see 2 GPU's list an integrated and dedicated GPU, can you set the game to run through Nvidia control panel to the 3050 and check if this continues?

Illium.png

Message 7 of 12 (992 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium , I have set the 3050 as my default GPU specific for Battlefield 1 in Nvidia control panel. Even i set the 3050 as a default GPU in Global setting in Nvidia control panel as well.

Earlier today, i tried to remove user.cfg file from my Battlefield 1 directory and the game starts lagging/stuttering again, then i add user.cfg back again and the game running smooth and stable on 60 FPS.

Let's say this issue has been solved with the user.cfg, but why do i need to put user.cfg in the first place? why i cannot run this game normally without user.cfg intervention?

Thank you

Message 8 of 12 (971 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @darsam26 To confirm moving the file out then back in, stabilizes your FPS? To check is it set to read-only, or are there any security software flags popping up with BF1?

Illium.png

Message 9 of 12 (924 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium ,

1. Yes, the file stabilizes my FPS and makes the game playable (no lagging/stuttering).

2. No

Since i cannot attach the user.cfg file, i will paste the content of the file here, thank you.

Client.XInputOverridesDirectInput 1
UI.DrawEnable 1
Window.PosX 0
Window.PosY 0
Window.Width 0
Window.Height 0
GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60
Render.DrawScreenInfo 0
Render.ResolutionScale 1
Render.FrameSynthesisScaleH 0
Render.FrameSynthesisScaleV 0
Render.ResolutionScaleDynamicDrawDebug 0