Re: Xbox 1 Battlefield 1 binoculars won’t come up

by JayHBK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox 1 Battlefield 1 binoculars won’t come up

★ Novice
Why when I go to use binoculars in battlefield I during the Mud and Blood campaign I hit RB to bring up them and nothin comes up??
Message 1 of 34 (72,978 Views)

Accepted Solution

@JayHBK

You should be able to open up your control setting in-game and so you could check what's needed to press/hold to use your binoculars.

It's might be really the function to "hold" the button, and not just "press". As mentioned above! Wink

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 34 (75,855 Views)

All Replies

Rif.: Xbox 1 Battlefield 1 binoculars won’t come up

Hero (Retired)

Hi @JayHBK

I should hold the button if i remember well, not just hit it.

Regards

Se il post di qualcuno ti è stato d'aiuto, lascia un punto XP ➕
Se il post di qualcuno ha risolto il problema, ricordati di segnarlo come soluzione affinchè altri possano trarne aiuto. ✔

Message 2 of 34 (72,876 Views)

@JayHBK

You should be able to open up your control setting in-game and so you could check what's needed to press/hold to use your binoculars.

It's might be really the function to "hold" the button, and not just "press". As mentioned above! Wink

Message 3 of 34 (75,856 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
Travis,
I appreciate your advice but it’s not even bringing the binoculars up period. I click the RB on XBOX One X controller and nothing even comes up. It’s almost like I don’t even have the binoculars at all. I tried mashing buttons and the D-Pad and it brings the wrench up and stick grenades. The mission is over now but idk why it wouldn’t come up.
Message 4 of 34 (72,851 Views)

[ Edited ]
@JayHBK

Ok, but that really weird then.

I can't remember the mission anymore, but maybe you're not supposed to have binoculars in this part of the mission at all.

Message 5 of 34 (72,828 Views)

★★ Novice

@JayHBK wrote:
Why when I go to use binoculars in battlefield I during the Mud and Blood campaign I hit RB to bring up them and nothin comes up??

Same problem here. Only started happening on Xbox One X. Has anyone found a reason / solution?

Message 6 of 34 (70,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seems that this happens right after I get a weapon out a crate. I thought I was dropping it but it's more likely a bug.

Message 7 of 34 (68,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve had this problem since April and I’ve reported it plenty of times EA don’t care no more. (Poor Grammar I know) I can’t bring up my binoculars in the mud and blood mission, when I pick up a weapon from a crate in the Nothing is written mission she drops the binoculars, I’d give up hope and just try to work with sniper scopes.

Message 8 of 34 (68,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue, just got the game free from games with gold . 1st time playing the series btw, and the campaign is awesome. 

I don't know why it says there is a solution to this because the proposed solution is garbage.  It pretty much states that we are all imbeciles who can't comprehend how to hit start and look at a controller button map.

I first had the issue in "fog of war" mission where you scout ahead of besse the tank .  As soon as I picked up a crate weapon, no binoculars....I can only point my arm to tag enemies.  It wasn't that bad of an issue until I had to go find spark plugs for besse . You grab a sniper as you climb a tower, get to the top (a prompt even comes up to use the binoculars) to overlook the city, but no binoculars .  I can only look down the crappy 1900s era scope and hit rb to tag enemies .  Immediately came to Google and this thread popped up .

Glad I'm not a potato who couldn't figure it out, but it sucks it's happening to all of us .  I imagine it happens to everyone, but only we took the time to write about it...

Btw I'm playing on an OG Xbox one with a normal controller

Message 9 of 34 (67,001 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep same here.  Just got the gold game and trying to find the spark plugs - constantly being told to (RB) for binoculars?  (RB) does absolutely nothing.

And they want me to buy the next Battlefield game.  No way.  Bugs like this should be a 101 squash bug exercise for the likes of the programmers that are working on these games.

Glad it's free, as this is not a great 1st impression.

Jared

Message 10 of 34 (66,432 Views)