Re: Unplayable input lag

by melikefishxd

Original Post

Unplayable input lag

★★★★★ Novice
The input lag is around 7 seconds, I have tried turning off and on DX12, I have all programs except steam closed. And my specs are definitely not the problem. I have tried all the fixes online but can't find a solution. Would anyone know how to fix this?

My specs: 32GB Ram, Intel Core i9 11th gen, Nvidia Geforce 3080 RTX
Message 1 of 8 (648 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @melikefishxd,

Hmm, you have an input lag of 7 seconds? So you mean that whenever you press on a key or click with your mouse, it takes at least 7 seconds for this button press to register in-game?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 8 (489 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, fir example, when I press the D key, it takes (around) seven seconds for my character to move right, if I move my mouse to the right, it takes (around) seven seconds for a airplane to go right or for my character to look right

Message 3 of 8 (480 Views)

Community Manager
@melikefishxd, that's very odd indeed.

May I ask how you're playing the game exactly? Is this via Steam (locally installed on your PC), or via Origin/EA app? Or do you maybe make use of any cloud service streaming?

What I would also recommend checking is if you can replicate the issue by disconnecting all your connected devices from your PC and only leave your keyboard/mouse/monitor etc. (the essentials) plugged in?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 4 of 8 (476 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Steam, I have a laptop, so I disconected all I can (cant disconncet in-built keybord, in-built screen, in-built came, microphone etc.) but hasnt fixed the issue. Though I ran a file intergity check, corruption check, verify game files, and restarted a couple of times and the issue has gone away

Message 5 of 8 (457 Views)

Community Manager
@melikefishxd, alright, so the issue has resolved itself at the moment, right?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 6 of 8 (422 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Yes

Message 7 of 8 (412 Views)

Community Manager
@melikefishxd, gotcha. Alright, that's good to hear at least. If it happens again, feel free to update the thread!

Happy gaming!
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 8 of 8 (405 Views)