Re: Team Deployment

by ElliotLH

Original Post

Team Deployment

★★★ Guide

This isn’t a particularly interesting topic and a rather boring question based on where the game is in its lifecycle, but I have been curious about this since I first started playing the game a few of years ago. How does the game decide how to allocate players to teams as they enter a current game? Is it completely random or is there some method to the madness?

I have watched the team lists whilst playing a map and when a team starts losing badly you see the usual drop offs. Standard. Pretty quick time in a Conquest round will see the losing team go from 32 players down to 27 or 28 players, for example, while the winning team stays at 32. At that point any new players obviously get allocated to the team that isn’t full, regardless of winning or losing. But say one of the winners drops off and they go to 31 players and the losing team is now still at 27 players you would still think that for balancing (team numbers or the fact they are losing) any new players would still be added to the losing team until the numbers even up.l and both teams go to 32 again.

However I see countless games where the losing team has less players, yet a new player, not a team switcher, is added to the winning team where it already has more players than the losing team. How does that work? Is this process completely random?

Message 1 of 3 (818 Views)

★★ Guide

@KBAYSTSB wrote:

This isn’t a particularly interesting topic and a rather boring question based on where the game is in its lifecycle, but I have been curious about this since I first started playing the game a few of years ago. How does the game decide how to allocate players to teams as they enter a current game? Is it completely random or is there some method to the madness?

I have watched the team lists whilst playing a map and when a team starts losing badly you see the usual drop offs. Standard. Pretty quick time in a Conquest round will see the losing team go from 32 players down to 27 or 28 players, for example, while the winning team stays at 32. At that point any new players obviously get allocated to the team that isn’t full, regardless of winning or losing. But say one of the winners drops off and they go to 31 players and the losing team is now still at 27 players you would still think that for balancing (team numbers or the fact they are losing) any new players would still be added to the losing team until the numbers even up.l and both teams go to 32 again.

However I see countless games where the losing team has less players, yet a new player, not a team switcher, is added to the winning team where it already has more players than the losing team. How does that work? Is this process completely random?

@KBAYSTSB  I've experienced this as well...there is a "team balance" mechanic that is supposed to help with this issue but it is flawed imo.

I personally have been "switched" to the unbalanced team after "dying" when playing solo but I think the problem lies within the "auto-team balancer" mechanic itself because it does NOT switch players that are in "parties" therefore it works against itself? ✌😁

Message 2 of 3 (655 Views)

Hero

@SilentJ61 wrote:

@KBAYSTSB wrote:

@KBAYSTSB  I've experienced this as well...there is a "team balance" mechanic that is supposed to help with this issue but it is flawed imo.

I personally have been "switched" to the unbalanced team after "dying" when playing solo but I think the problem lies within the "auto-team balancer" mechanic itself because it does NOT switch players that are in "parties" therefore it works against itself? ✌😁

If memory serves that's correct @SilentJ61. The mid-round balancer prioritises players lower on the scoreboard, recent joiners and those not in a party.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator
Message 3 of 3 (650 Views)