Snipers! Your thoughts

by 2042onthemove

Original Post

Snipers! Your thoughts

★ Guide

Are you like me that there are a lot, I mean a lot of Snipers, snipers who are able to run and kills you with sniper rifle, Snipers who can see you even if you are in a hole from 1 mile away and Sniper shoot you in one shot, Snipers  who pick you off most of the time you try to get somewhere, Snipers who can see you a mile away and Sniper shot in one shot a fly on your nose? Snipers who can sniper shot you no matter what the distance as you are running FULL BLAST -- over and over and over again?

Your thoughts about the Snipers and Battlefield 1 at this point?

Message 1 of 15 (1,050 Views)

Re: Snipers! Your thoughts

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

Nothing will change at all at this point.

Snipers in BF1 are too easy to use, mainly because of the sweetspot mechanics (which I think it is bad). The bullet velocity is high as well and this makes it easier to predict/hit targets at range (which I actually like more than the pea-shooters in BF4). But this all means that too many players play recon in BF1 and you have to deal with them a lot.

Being spotted "all over the map" is a downside that comes with 3D-spot.

In reality map-knowledge and moving behind cover/terrain is the only way of avoiding getting sniped and it's not impossible at all (on most maps).

For me planes(bombers)/silent vehicles/cavalry/special classes are more annoying than sniper-rifles...

Message 2 of 15 (1,040 Views)

★ Pro

Meh, it definitely is part of the game.  

Snipers can be dealt with.  They can be spotted in bf1 and have glinting scopes.  For infantry, snipers in the game help teach you to move with cover or die out in the open.  Support with a 1917 specialized with pin down and unbreakable can make snipers lives miserable forcing them to get spotted, move, keep their heads down or die.   Horses can run out and have a field day as snipers sit back and are the worst class to be isolated against a horse.   Tanks can spot snipers all over and hmg them from a distance. 

There are plenty that like playing snipers and its important that the game balances for snipers so they dont become too op.

Message 3 of 15 (1,018 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@2042onthemove DICE should have made more alternative weapons for Scout than sniper rifles.

M1903 Experimental will kill your fingers/hands/wrists because it’s single fire only, and you need to spamfire it quickly.

Russian Trench is actually a lot of fun and can be a viable choice along with i.e. C93 pistol.

But it would have been nice with more options, including a couple of full auto weapons IMO.
Message 4 of 15 (1,004 Views)

★★ Apprentice

as others said, snipers are part of the game and can be easily dealt with.

- if you`re in a sniper battle, shoot and duck, don`t give the sniper time to get you,

- if you`re attacking on operation always have smoke grenades. If you`re close to them, have gas, so they can`t aim

- never run in a straight predictable path while someone shoots at you

- never jump on belly after a sniper shot you once. unless it`s after cover

- while retreating try some shots while moving on his location. maybe you`ll suppress them

- you have plenty of cover in most maps, use smoke where there isn`t any

Message 5 of 15 (956 Views)

★★ Apprentice

They made the game feel pretty bad at launch, when you didn't know the maps it was very easy to get murdered on flags by players you couldn't see. They made the planes OP in a lot of cases as well, the AA guns don't get used nearly as often as they should because of snipers. The sweet spot thing was obviously a bit too easy.

They don't really bother me too much now though, map knowledge and moving make them feel pretty weak, especially the guys who go and climb into obvious spots or the edge of the map. Albion and Galicia never come up any more either, they were over run with snipers.

Message 6 of 15 (945 Views)

★★ Guide

I hate snipers in BF1, not because they kill me but because usually more than half my team picks sniper and we lose because of that.

Message 7 of 15 (940 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@2042onthemove snipping in bf1 is great and i love to play as sniper not all the time but depend on the map, location and the match requires.
Message 8 of 15 (916 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've found you can get some good catharsis by hunting them in their various nests*. There's nothing quite like driving a light tank up the back of the mountain on Sinai (the one by B flag) and roadkilling them. Good opportunity for gas mask kills too 😉.

*Obviously not counting Scouts who run with their team or squad.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 9 of 15 (906 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The various sniper nests are what really makes me question the designers. Half your team on Fao Fortress thinking they can control the map if they're all in the fortress with a sniper rifle. It wouldn't be so bad, but it's almost a rerun of what happened on Operation Mortar in BF4.

Message 10 of 15 (891 Views)