Re: Ryzen Users Crashing Constantly

by Sellis97

Original Post

Re: latest update

★★ Novice
FYI DICE- This issue kind of gets me wary about looking into Battlefield V.
Message 81 of 95 (2,403 Views)

Re: My Battlefiled 1 crash after 10-40 min playing.

★★★ Newbie
I’m having the same issues I’m a computer tech and your games are so broken it’s sad. Spend all this money and these games are unplayable. I just built a brand new Ryzen rig and all that happens is stutters and crashes .
Message 82 of 95 (2,365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Guys! I fixed my crashing (Ryzen 5 1600) by clearing the origin cache AND disabling SMT!

Instructions for clearing orign cache: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

You can disable SMT (simultaneous multithreading) somewhere in your BIOS.

Message 83 of 95 (2,303 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't know, guys, but it keeps happening to me. Latest Windows 10 Insider Preview version, I tried everything. Sometimes it works for 3, 4 hours, sometimes it crashes right after 10 minutes playing. DISM, SFC, clean boot, clean GPU driver install, disable all kind of OCs on my system. I tried everything. And it, keeps, crashing. Sooner or later. So frustrating, to the point I don't want to even open the game. 

It might be that the insider preview versions of Windows 10 are affecting something. But if this is the case, then the next stable update will make Ryzen users crash again. And we'll have to wait weeks to play without disabling things like SMT. Again. Guys first we had incompatibilities with AMD's AGESA causing sound to stutter/cut. Then we had crashes that have forced many users to disable things on their BIOS that makes their CPU perform worse than it should by default. And now, I assume we can expect crashes again the moment Windows 10 updates (slow ring builds, fast ring builds, next version builds, the game crashes on all of them). Has this really been look up onto? Has EA/DICE investigated the crashes people had when they were pre-1803 Windows 10 version? We clearly have a problem, and if it's not investigated because there are workarounds, or because it doesn't crash in *one specific version of Windows 10*, then, we'll inevitably suffer issues again.

An official response to these issues would be cool. Even if it's only a "we know some of you are crashing, we're investigating". All the issues we Ryzen users have been suffering were always solved via an external solution. BIOS updates, Windows updates, disabling CPU features on the BIOS. There's clearly something wrong between the Frostbite engine and the Ryzen architecture, we can't expect everything to eventually work *by chance*. You know, this problem can potentially affect Battlefield V, as the audio cutouts, for example, affected Battlefield 4 and 3 as well. That would be awful.

Anyway. I guess for now we're set, and then we'll see if another of these threads pops out again on the next version of Windows 10. Until then, It would be nice if these issues are investigated.

Message 84 of 95 (2,276 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
It's not Windows version that is causing these issues. I was playing just fine a month ago with 1709 and now after the update I get about 5-10min playtime until the game crashes. It's 100% Dice's fault. But the most annoying part is that they are not communicating with us or even acknowledging that there is a problem with Ryzen cpus after the latest patch. If they won't fix this I won't be buying Bf5. Vote with your wallet.
Message 85 of 95 (2,196 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried clearing the cache and could play for almost 2 hours.

I didn't disable SMT.

Before I could play maximum 10 minutes.

Will try to disable SMT now.

Message 86 of 95 (2,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi again.

Disabling SMT seems to work.

Played for 2 hours again with no crash.

/Ymerninja

Message 87 of 95 (2,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have been having the same issues as everyone else. Freezes after about five minutes into a map, the crashes right to desktop. No errors. No other messages. Game just closes out. My system info:

Ryzen 5 1600
MSI B350 Tomahawk mobo
16gb Corsair vengeance led 3000mhz
Gtx 1070
500gb ssd

All drivers are up to date, BIOS is most recent version, nothing is overclocked. Deleting the Origin cache did allow me to play for an hour or so, but then crashed the same way.

also, I only play multiplayer conquest, mixed maps. I have not checked to see if this happens in any other game modes. 

Message 88 of 95 (2,013 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still crashing for me, uninstalled the windows update and was working ok and also paused updates but they keep installing.

Have left it a week and played wreckfest instead, just tried again today and still random crashes to desktop.

Also on Ryzen 5 1600. Don't feel we should have to mess around with SMT and uninstalling updates all the time so will wait for fix...

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 25/06/2018 19:32:25
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Description:
Faulting application name: bf1.exe, version: 1.0.54.32003, time stamp: 0x5ae50979
Faulting module name: bf1.exe, version: 1.0.54.32003, time stamp: 0x5ae50979
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000005bb570f
Faulting process ID: 0x2048
Faulting application start time: 0x01d40cae5f341f36
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
Report ID: 73d4d9f7-96c2-4427-9740-3fbc56dadf2c

Message 89 of 95 (1,945 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here's my dxdiag - other link just went to generic answers hq page

Message 90 of 95 (1,940 Views)