Re: Rented Private Servers no longer keeping out banned players

by SaltyNoobGaming

Original Post

Rented Private Servers no longer keeping out banned players

★ Apprentice

I own and admin multiple private servers in BF1, one under my account and two under two other emails. Recently, the admin tools ability to ban, remove, and keep the players out have stopped working. I maintain not only these servers but a file on every player we have banned, whether it is for blatant cheats or for harassment/racism, and players that fall under both categories (clearly cheating or just a toxic chatter) have been able to get into the server. The tools themselves are bugged because the buttons aren't visible, and there are many issues that have been growing but they still maintained their functionality so I just let it go as annoying but the new normal. Now, the ability and the functionality of the tools are gone.

Normal functionality of the admin tools allowed us to kick/ban a player from the "Players" tab. If they were banned, they were removed from the server and their name was automatically added to the "Ban List". If we added a player from the "Ban List" tab, the player was removed from the game and added to the "Ban List". If we banned a player and tried to ban them again (because we found them in a public server and wanted to make sure they were banned, for example) a screen would pop up that read "Could Not Ban Player".

Current functionality of the tools across multiple servers:

1. When we add a new player using the "Ban List" tab a screen pops up reading "Could Not Ban Player", even when it's 100% certain that player is not on the ban list. If you try to add the player to the ban list a second time, it adds them to the list. If you try to add their name again, it no longer says "Could Not Ban Player". (Started approximately 4-5 weeks ago)

2. When we try to ban a player using the "Players" tab a screen pops up reading "Could Not Ban Player". Sometimes the player is kicked (when we selected to ban them) from the server, sometimes they are not. This action never added them to the ban list. We would have to go through the issues in 1 to get the player on the ban list. (Started approximately 4-5 weeks ago)

3. Players are now entering the server despite being banned. It is players that are known cheats in addition to players that are banned for chat issues. If a player is kicked from the server using "Player List" and are on the ban list, they can still reenter the server if they are kicked. Sometimes they do not get kicked from the server and the process starts over again. If a player is banned from the server using "Player List" and are on the ban list, they can still reenter the server. Again, sometimes they do not get kicked from the server and the process starts over again. (Started approximately 2 weeks ago)

This issue came to my attention at approximately 11p EST on 9/23/19 because a player who is known for cheating was reported to be in one of the servers I admin. I know that this issue has been going on for two weeks, however, because I update and maintain the ban lists every 3 weeks to keep up with name changes (I updated the lists on 9/4/19) and a player who I banned for chat was in the server 2 weeks ago. If I could share the VOD from twitch I would, but it was already deleted. This detail slipped my mind until the incident with the hacker entering the server and my maintenance on the ban lists on 9/24/19.

On top of this issue, when a player is banned for extreme harassment/toxicity I add them to my origin block list so I would not have to deal with them in public servers. This feature used to keep their chats hidden for in game chat. This feature also no longer works. Any player on an origin block list is free to communicate with the player that blocked them. As this issue started at approximately the same time as the ban lists breaking, I felt it was important to include it. (Started approximately 2 weeks ago)

I only have videos of a banned player being in the server and how the "Ban List" tab is broken. I can reproduce the other bugs without issue if necessary. I also cannot upload them to this forum because it is marked too large for file size and cannot include the imgur link because it gets marked as spam.

These bugs happen in the server that is under my email/account and in servers that are not under my email/account but where I admin.

Message 1 of 9 (2,904 Views)

Community Manager

@SaltyNoobGaming 

Thank you very much for letting us know. It's been raised up to the team to investigate. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 9 (2,839 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is there any update? We are still struggling with excessive numbers of people getting into the server flooding chat with banned players who are disrupting game play with their cheats. These are the videos from the original post.

https://imgur.com/a/0AJ9K0J

https://imgur.com/a/VQyf9WD

Message 3 of 9 (2,780 Views)

★ Apprentice

EA fix this!!!!!!

Message 4 of 9 (2,753 Views)

Community Manager

@SaltyNoobGaming 

The team was able to identify what's causing this and looking into it. No specific time-frame on a fix at the moment but as a current workaround you can contact our Live-Support team so they can look into restarting the server or creating a new one for you so the list is refreshed. It may be due to the amount of players that were previously banned which corrupted the UI for admins.

We really appreciate you raising this to our attention and apologize the features aren't working as they're intended.

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 9 (2,751 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for the update. I will follow through with Live Support on creating a new server as I have had the server restarted before.

Message 6 of 9 (2,656 Views)

★ Apprentice

Live support said they can do nothing about the servers except wait and the updates about anything being fixed will come through on Twitter/EA Forums. I feel like I'm going in circles.

Message 7 of 9 (2,618 Views)

★ Apprentice

And now the server is SO broken we can't even seed it anymore.

https://imgur.com/a/zg8UmNv

Anytime you spawn in a vehicle it will immediately kick  you from the server and no amount of reconfiguring will bring back the levels for the players.

Message 8 of 9 (2,425 Views)

Betreff: Rented Private Servers no longer keeping out banned players

★★ Apprentice

U can still ban kick and move a player but the buttons are invisible but you can still click on them.

From left to right after the nickname:  Kick\Ban\Move

Message 9 of 9 (2,400 Views)