[PC] - Game Unresponsive at Main Menu

by theJackhole

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] - Game Unresponsive at Main Menu

★★★★ Novice

For the last 2 weeks or so, when launching BF1, the game loads to the main menu and then becomes completely unresponsive.  I can move the mouse, but cannot click on anything.  Origin updated today to the latest version, same problem persists.  Game remains unplayable.  No error messages are given.  I use Task Manager to end the BF1 exe.

PC:

i7 2600k

16GB RAM

AMD HD 6900

Win 10 Pro

Dual Monitors in extend mode

I have tried:

Repairing the game.

Reinstalling the game.

Running both Origin and BF1 in Administrator mode.

Doing a clean boot first, then running Origin/BF1

Updating GPU drivers.

Forcing DX11.

Launching BF1 both from desktop and from Origin window.  Both normally, and in administrator mode.

Disabling 2nd monitor, then launching BF1 from Origin.

Running w/ Game Mode both On and Off in Win 10.

Nothing has worked.  

Only thing I can think of that changed on this PC before this problem began was the Windows Creator update installing.  Not sure if that is related.  No other hardware / software changes.

Message 1 of 11 (1,578 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] - Game Unresponsive at Main Menu

★★ Novice

I just had the same issue today and I might found the solution. I use an intel Uhd730 integrated graphics card to play the game and suddenly I went into this problem after updating the driver for my integrated gpu.

My solution was reinstalling the old driver and it solved my problem. I wish it's helpful for you.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (727 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Try resetting the local config files from My Documents/Battlefield 1. 

Rename the whole Battlefield 1 folder to .old or some such and launch the game to reset all settings as those folders are usually left untouched even when you uninstall the game.. 

Message 2 of 11 (1,552 Views)

Hero
Message 3 of 11 (1,546 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@NoxTheNib  Tried your suggestion.  Didn't have any effect.  

Based upon the older thread, it seems Windows Creator update is the source of the issue.  And it may have something to do with Windows Gaming / Xbox services expecting a game controller.  : /

Message 4 of 11 (1,541 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@MADrag0n:  It appears that is a workaround for some people.  However, I don't have any controllers to use (I only use KB & mouse), and I don't feel I should have to purchase a separate controller just to work around this bug.  This wasn't required when I purchased the game; it shouldn't be required now.  It is on EA to fix this.

Message 5 of 11 (1,519 Views)

★ Pro
Hey @theJackhole,

Hmm very annoying problem, maybe its Windows Creator what you said. Try this see if it's works: https://www.google.nl/amp/s/betanews.com/2017/04/11/how-to-rollback-and-uninstall-windows-10-creator...

Best regards,
ParaMaster
------------------
>Was the answer helpful: Grant XP/ Accept as Solution<
Message 6 of 11 (1,513 Views)

Hero

@theJackhole I have Creator update and BF1 without problem.

R u try to disable "Origin ingame" feature, disable XboxGameDVR, AMD ReLive and any other software with some in-game overlay?

Message 7 of 11 (1,508 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So, going on 3 months now and still unable to play this game.  Same issue persists.  Game loads up in a window, and waits for me to click on dialog box.  I'm able to move the mouse, and I can see graphics moving in the background, but I'm not able to click on 'OK'.  See attached jpg.

I am now running a fresh copy of Win 10 Pro on a new SSD.  Just downloaded / installed fresh copies of Origin and BF1 today.  Launched the game, same exact problem.  Have tried disabling full screen optimizations and running in Admin mode.  No dice.

Would really like to hear from EA on this.  If this can't be fixed, then I need to request a refund.

Message 8 of 11 (1,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

yes this problem are persist. some people solved it by:

- connect gamepad

- disable dx12 in config file

- disable Origin in-game feature

- try use mouse control by keyboard https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/windows-10-using-your-keyboard-to-control-the-mouse/

As I know, U cannot make refound after long time.

@theJackhole Try this http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/First-time-launching-and-can-t-click-quot-OK-quot-on-initi...

Message 9 of 11 (1,467 Views)

★★ Novice

I just had the same issue today and I might found the solution. I use an intel Uhd730 integrated graphics card to play the game and suddenly I went into this problem after updating the driver for my integrated gpu.

My solution was reinstalling the old driver and it solved my problem. I wish it's helpful for you.

Message 10 of 11 (728 Views)
Twitter Stream