Re: Missing WW1 firearms

by tat2jon

Original Post

Missing WW1 firearms

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

First off, good job putting this master piece together, you guys went the right direction by choosing an actual war.  I'll be looking forward to seeing a WWII game from you guys in a couple of years or so.  I hate to nit pick at this game but being a firearm and history buff I would love to see some things added into a future update or dlc.  I love seeing that you guys added the Remington auto-loading rifle, a rifle I did not know that took part in the great war, even if it was in few numbers.  Also like seeing the Winchester 1897 and 1895, own both in real life.  But I notice there no 1886s or 1894s  winchesters in the game.  Both seen action in the great war maybe even more so than the Remington 8.  It be nice to see them add and balanced to the game.  I know it next to impossible to add every single rifle that been used, I think even the Winchester 1866 was used by the French Navy.

There was fewer than 50 1886s chambered in 45-90 incendiary bullet purchased by the Royal Flying Corps to shoot at German Airships and Balloons

There was 20,000 Winchester 1892 in .44-40 and 5,000 Winchester 1894 purchased by the Royal Navy, along with some remington rolling blocks, but most got replaced by 1915, some might have found their way in soldiers' hands but the French purchased 15,000 1894s due to slow production of the Lebel rifle.  Those 94s were used thoughout the war.  The French ones had unique modifications which included a different rear sight and slings swivels to allow the rifle to be sling over the back, these were used by Motorcyclist, Artillery, transport, and balloons troops, some even made it way into the hands of Pilots.    

I know these are consider single action rifles, but it be pretty neat to see a 94 end up in the assault class or even Medic, they are WRA.

I did alittle googling to help back my information and I found a couple of places but this one is the most reliable source.  https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2015/6/11/winchester-lever-actions-go-to-war/

Message 1 of 4 (384 Views)

★ Pro

sounds like you know your s*!t... would be good if this is up and coming on dlc's,

Message 2 of 4 (380 Views)

★ Guide

I doubt that they will add any other guns like that to the game, but we can all hope. Many members of the community complain about the lack of gun options...IMO it's not a big deal. The next DLC will focus on the Russian Army, so we can expect all Russian weapons to be added.

Message 3 of 4 (369 Views)

@RugerStrum

Thanks for sharing you'r Feedback and personall opinion about BF1.
W'll see in the future what DICE will add to the Game with new Upcoming DLC's.

Anyways, at this point we can't say yet what we'll see or not.

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 4 of 4 (351 Views)