Re: Latency problems

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Arrenai Hi there, Ive emailed my ISP about how to go about doing this reverse traceroute and they replied with "You will be able to get reverse traceroute from game server admin."

That does not sound good at all. Can't help but feel shafted by my own ISP here. What do you recommend I do?
Message 11 of 12 (501 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @legionary90.

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting a bit of a runaround there. There are a few programs you can Google search that can perform reverse traceroutes, however as they are third-party programs and not run by EA, we can't recommend any specifically and they are for use at your own risk.

Generally, the standard traceroute with major jumps in latency tends to be enough information for an ISP to find what is wrong, and based on where it's located, either be able to fix it themselves or work with those who own that server on the path. In this case, it looks like the first problematic hop of your traceroute is IP 203.208.158.50, which is owned by SingTel and has a ping of over 170.

I noticed several threads on various websites about gaming possibly being throttled by SingTel after 7pm. Are you able to take a traceroute both before (such as afternoon) and after 7pm to see if that may be what is affecting it?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 12 of 12 (471 Views)