Re: Intel graphics driver issue, although having the latest one

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Intel graphics driver issue, although having the latest one

★★ Novice

I just bought Battlefield 1 today. But sadly when I try to launch it, It says that I don't have the recommended graphics driver version (Intel) and gives me a number xx.xx.xx.4539. But I do have the latest driver which is 30.0.101.1994. Now as far as I have understood through browsing on the internet a bit, it is just checking the last 4 digits and when it sees that 1994 < 4539, it returns an error. Now, it does give me an option to ignore it and continue with the game, but when I enter the game, it becomes unresponsive. And as much as I have understood, it is due to that error message. here's a video that will help you understand the matter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPRFpvpjuFo
Let you also tell you that I cannot just downgrade my driver to 30.0.100.9955 as my gpu (intel uhd 770) doesn't support

Message 1 of 9 (2,186 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@Yousef_lms @areVaiShei Battlefield 1 requires a dedicated GPU and not a integrated GPU part of the CPU. 

Minimum Requirements

Spoiler

Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 50GB

/Atic

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (1,985 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I am having the same issue, the videos on YouTube suggest u close the hardware check popup using task manager but it's not working for me, since when i close it the game closes aswell (before opening). 

Am using windows 11, and i have intel uhd 620

The game can run on minimum specs but i can't even access the game or press anything its there but can't click on anything.

I bought the game yesterday and so upset that i can't play it and from reading all over the internet this issue is almost 7 yrs old ! And EA still hasn't fixed it.

I am waiting a solution still hope EA support replies soon.

Message 2 of 9 (2,119 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Yousef_lms @areVaiShei Battlefield 1 requires a dedicated GPU and not a integrated GPU part of the CPU. 

Minimum Requirements

Spoiler

Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 50GB

/Atic

Message 3 of 9 (1,986 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic What do you mean? Intel uhd 770 can run almost all the newer games, but it cannot run bf1 that is more than 6 years old? I think its quite clear that the issue is due to an in game stupid bug that is causing the game to just read the last 4 digits of the intel driver version ignoring the previous ones. I even contacted EA and they acknowledged the bug, although they don't seem to bat an eye.
Message 4 of 9 (1,877 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Ok So apparently I can run Battlefield V with Intel UHD 770, but can't run Battlefield 1. Okay.
Message 5 of 9 (1,839 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @areVaiShei, we don't support that kind of hardware set up. Meaning it can be hitt and miss on how the game works.

/Atic

Message 6 of 9 (1,587 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@areVaiShei i had this problem too, i running BF1 on intel UHD 770 on Gen 12 - i7-12700
Message 7 of 9 (1,411 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@areVaiShei yep, benchmark result UHD 770 same as Geforce 1050Ti, it higher than requirements for this game
Message 8 of 9 (1,409 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@227f82eecac5929d wrote:
@areVaiSheii had this problem too, i running BF1 on intel UHD 770 on Gen 12 - i7-12700

Message 9 of 9 (1,208 Views)