I can't play Battlefield 1 properly

by XCwosjw

Original Post

I can't play Battlefield 1 properly

★★★ Novice

When I'm ready to play Battlefield 1, it starts fine, but it stays on this screen and I can't click the "OK" button (the reason). I tried clicking the button, but it doesn't work at all. It's worth noting that the game didn't get stuck because the background and music were still running, and both Battlefield V and Battlefield 2042 were playable on my computer. I really enjoy playing Battlefield 1 and I hope someone can help me.

Specs:

Windows 11 64 bit

Intel i5 12600k 

UHD770 (Driver version: 31.0.101.3222 (the latest))

16 GB RAM

This screen ↓↓

This screen

Message 1 of 5 (457 Views)

Re: I can't play Battlefield 1 properly

★★★ Novice

Thankfully, thanks to a few other posts, I'm now able to play normally, but at the cost of having to use a * outdated display driver to fool DICE's stupid driver version checking program!

Message 2 of 5 (446 Views)

★★★ Novice

Don't say stupid things to me like Battlefield 1 needs a dedicated GPU instead of an on-board APU. You know Battlefield is compatible with the onboard APU from the "Update Intel Display Driver" before Battlefield starts. This is a completely stupid mistake by DICE! Just checking the last four digits of the driver version number? Who the hell writes this kind of code? Not only that, but if the Battlefield 1 program thinks your driver is not new enough, he will stop this interface without response. DICE must fix this stupid bug, I don't want to buy a game and be forced to use an outdated driver to play it properly! What's even more ridiculous is that even Intel officially stated in the driver's version log that it was the developers of Battlefield 1 that caused the problem, and you're still here with the "Battlefield 1 needs a dedicated GPU instead of an on-board APU" to pass the buck.

Message 3 of 5 (445 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can play Battlefield 5, I can play Battlefield 2042, but I can't play Battlefield 1, and you guys are still saying stupid things like "Battlefield 1 needs a dedicated GPU instead of an onboard APU". the HUD770 can run most of the new games on the market, including Battlefield 2042. are you slapping yourselves in the face? The UHD770 can play Battlefield 2042 but not Battlefield 1 because Battlefield 1 requires a dedicated GPU! Or are you admitting to yourselves that your technology is going backwards?

Message 4 of 5 (436 Views)

★★★ Novice

emm, I think I was wrong, I still can't get into the game because I'm an Intel 12th gen CPU, .9955 doesn't support it. * DICE!

Message 5 of 5 (434 Views)