Re: Game Settings Keep Resetting

by DaiusDreemurian

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Settings Keep Resetting

★★ Novice

For some odd reason the game is forcing me to redo the intro mission and resetting my settings, along with also resetting my campaign progress, although thankfully I still have all of my achievements, codex, and campaign unlock skins. I have seen this question asked from another person, but it was asked presumably from a PC perspective, while I am a Xbox One BF1 player. Is there a way to fix this? I have been told others that I need to delete and reset my game or buy a whole new disk. 

Message 1 of 17 (2,297 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team
Always worth to try to reinstall the game. @DaiusDreemurian

/Atic

View in thread

Message 9 of 17 (1,718 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
@DaiusDreemurian Clear the local and online saves for Battlefield 1, it has nothing to do with the disk.

/Atic
Message 2 of 17 (2,201 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic How exactly do I do that? I can probably look it up but a quick summary would be appreciated, if you could. I don’t want to mess it up.
Message 3 of 17 (2,159 Views)

EA DICE Team

Try this @DaiusDreemurian 

1. On Home, select My games & apps.
  2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons.
  3. Select the Saved data box, you should see Battlefield 1 here. 
  4. Delete it.

/Atic 

Message 4 of 17 (2,020 Views)

EA DICE Team
How did it go? @DaiusDreemurian

/Atic
Message 5 of 17 (1,865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I haven’t done it yet. I have discussed with other people on the subject, and I am worried that doing what you suggested (clearing local and online saves) will completely delete my in-game progress (weapon unlocks and Peacekeeper Easter egg progress specifically.) 

Is this the only way to solve this issue?

Message 6 of 17 (1,852 Views)

EA DICE Team
@DaiusDreemurian it wont remove your multiplayer progression, it wont remove Easter egg progression that been earned, but no sure about Easter egg thats mid progresses.

/Atic
Message 7 of 17 (1,827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_AticSo, I did do what you suggested. Oddly enough, the game said I had no save data, so I started the game, went through the intro yet again, and played multiplayer for a minute, which seemed to fix the issue, in which then I did what you told me to do and deleted the save data. Opened up the game, and it seemed like nothing had changed. Went through the intro AGAIN, exited the game, restarted it just to see if it was fixed, and… the same thing. I do not know what to do now, and I am worried my game is massively broken. Perhaps I do need to delete the game and reinstall? 

Message 8 of 17 (1,770 Views)

EA DICE Team
Always worth to try to reinstall the game. @DaiusDreemurian

/Atic
Message 9 of 17 (1,719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_AticSo, I know it’s been a considerable while. Had life stuff, couldn’t get on my game to try the recommended fix (Delete and reinstall).
It didn’t do anything different. It might have gotten worse, actually? Seeing as I had to do the intro sequence, update the game, do the intro sequence again, and by then I gave up.
Is it the disk? The game’s code, my Xbox itself? I’m stumped, and disheartened, since this is my favorite game.

Edit: Oh. Also, all of my weapon unlocks have reset. I still have my skins, but all of my weapon progress? Gone. The game is acting as if I had never done them, even though I unlocked every single one… 

Message 10 of 17 (1,438 Views)