Re: Fix- BF1 don´t let me click with the mouse.

by TheRandomGuy0305

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fix- BF1 don´t let me click with the mouse.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone,

First of all, if you´re having this problem you must be very frustrated by now and I understand perfectly.

If like me you love this game no worries, we are going to get you back in game in no time and surely get that smile back on your face. Hopefully make friends.

I am not here to advertise this beautiful game and I´m not in any way affiliated with the developers but I must say that I play, support and love this game so much that I decided to post couple of fixes for a recent problem I found when trying to initiate the game.

I recently went thru this problem myself and then posted the fix in Portuguese to help some frustrated fellow down in Brazil. Then I thought what about my brothers around the world they could be having this same problem too so let´s help them out too.

The problem is quite annoying I must say, and also looks quite simple to solve but at the end, even for me who is been doing this since the 80s, own a computer related company and is used to solve all sort of computer related mysteries everyday wasn´t all that obvious. After you trying several common remedies you´re come to the conclusion that you are stuck and that the time you spent trying to fix it, could very well have been spent doing something else.

so let´s get right to it.

The problem is best described more or less like this:

-You launch BF1 and once the main window comes up you have no way of interacting with it, neither by clicking with the mouse or using your keyboard. In simple words, you can´t do anything, it’s like if you have an invisible screen over the interface itself and you just go nuts trying to figure out what hell went wrong.

Most of the people will consider reinstalling the vga drivers at first, change the mouse, usb ports, then reinstalling the game itself, and this and that and so forth but trust me, your weekend will end, your wife will leave you, and none of that will work.

Let´s cut to chase then, HERE IS THE FIX:

QUICK FIX #1:

Users of windows-10 had a Microsoft update mid-april called Creator´s Update. You guessed it right, it messes up the game.

All you have to do is to "revert/undo/get rid" of this update from hell by going into Configurations, and look around for the button called "undo update" or something in that sense.

Don´t be afraid, it will even ask you if you want to look further for new updates, and why you are uninstalling it etc. but you can just skip the hole mumble jumble and go straight to the end.

It would probably be a good idea to describe the problem you are having just in case someone will look into it and maybe do something about it, but if like me, you´re already pulling you hair out, screaming at the cat or not even sleeping anymore, just skip the hole process and go straight to the "uninstall please button" and have a life.

If you did it, you´re already on your way to haven.

The original update itself took a long time to install, but the undo process will take just a few minutes, you won´t loose any information whatsoever, and better yet, after the PC reboots you are gonna be back in game in no time so that I can hopefully try shooting at you again ingame.

kkkkkkkk, don´t worry, I have a lousy aim... but not for long.

QUICK FIX 2:

If you´re tired of Windows-10 or for some reason think that you should not be taking anymore chances with it don´t worry, simply install windows 7-64 and bingo you`ll be in your way to haven in no time as well. It will work. I´ve done it all myself and succesfully helped others do it as well.

So that´s it.

I hope it all clears up for you and gets you back in game in no time giving you many hours of joy playing this marvelous game.

And preferably when you´re back in game, when you see me hiding scared at some corner with some shot gun and my bad aim, just try passing by without shooting at me or sticking me with that bayonet would ya?

PS. If you play Operations and don´t mind having another shooter on your team just invite me over would ya, I can´t get into those servers on my PC for some "bugged" reason kkkk.

Happy BF1ing everyone.

ChiefBrabo

Message 1 of 13 (17,881 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Community Manager

Hey @ChiefBrabo,

first of all, thank you for taking the time to write that down to help out fellow players around the world. Kudos for that!

For this issue, there's also another workaround, provided by MADrag0n - it's basically installing a virtual controller to get past that screen.

Here's the original thread that provides another solution.

View in thread

Message 4 of 13 (22,498 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
Uninstaller then reinstall your driver's for the mouse
Message 2 of 13 (17,742 Views)

★★★ Newbie

for me it's not work and i use every think like repair game and try change language and booster pc but one think is work for me i go to icon computor and right click choose properties and in left of windows choose advanced system setting from performance choose setting  and  disable of enable peek after that apple and ok and we are done ^_^ 

Message 3 of 13 (17,633 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @ChiefBrabo,

first of all, thank you for taking the time to write that down to help out fellow players around the world. Kudos for that!

For this issue, there's also another workaround, provided by MADrag0n - it's basically installing a virtual controller to get past that screen.

Here's the original thread that provides another solution.

Message 4 of 13 (22,499 Views)

★★ Novice

A quick fix that worked for me, is to launch the ui by launching battlefield 4 and then switching to battlefield 1 through the ui and then it works fine.

Message 5 of 13 (16,479 Views)

★★★ Newbie
please sir help
i could't find the update you selected in my windows 10
Message 6 of 13 (14,620 Views)

Hero

@ahmedsror2016 after installing the Vjoy with admin rights u dont need other steps, just install it and "ok" should be clickable.

anyway in addition u can delete folder "C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Battlefield 1\" and restart PC, run Origin with Admin rights and check...

Message 7 of 13 (14,611 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Taken * R,   Authors sword begain as a turned plant as a slurpped bowl tastes good, theturn plant begins with a measure of Rain.

Message 8 of 13 (14,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

please sir help me i already installed the program you said about 
it's very weird one i couldn't understand i just keep it opening when i opened the game  
but the same problem i can't click the * OK massage 

Message 9 of 13 (14,500 Views)

Hero

@ahmedsror2016 try this steps:
 - perform "Clean boot"

- delete folder "C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Battlefield 1\"

- run Origin with Admin rights

Message 10 of 13 (14,490 Views)