Doughboy pistol code

by Sawdog98

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Doughboy pistol code

★★★★★ Novice
So I recently bought the battlefield 1 collectors edition off amazon for about 40 bucks in plans of getting the Doughboy m1911. But my problem is that every time I enter the code on the triforce code site it says that the code is invalid (either your code has already been used or isn't typed in correctly). There's not way this is true. The collectors edition box was brand new and factory sealed, as was everything inside it. I know for a fact that I'm typing it in correctly. I've tried typing it in on several different web browsers and nothing helps. I can't contact EA for support because their website is just blank every time I get to the "SELECT SUPPORT OPTION" and nothing ever comes up. They have no number to call either. I play on Xbox One and if anyone has ever been in my situation with redeeming their Doughboy M1911 code please help me. You guys are the only people I know to ask. Thanks for reading.
Message 1 of 23 (2,144 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Doughboy pistol code

EA Community Manager

Hey guys,

a few players reported that the code cannot be redeemed via the designated website at that time. This issues has been forwarded and is being investigated. For the time being, here's what you can do. Please be aware that the code unlocks the Doughboy for one platform only on the EA account.

- If you play on PC, you should be able to just go ahead and redeem the code in Origin.

- If you play on Console, please have the code at hand and reach out to an EA Advisor who should be able to provide you with a code for the platform of your choice.

View in thread

Message 22 of 23 (2,440 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hey there @Sawdog98

I've heard of these issues with redeeming the code before. There's been sometimes issues with the site itself and chances are that it may work for you in a day or two but it's tough to say if this is the case or if your code is really bugged. Chances are you may have to contact Amazon for this, but I can try to at least help you with the EA's support cause that is what I know more about.

The best advice I can give to you about this Doughboy code though is that use a PC rather than a smartphone to enter the code. Smartphones are notorious for not always working right with many websites.. which leads me to the EA's support advice..

..use a PC to connect to it rather than a smartphone. Smartphones are, as mentioned, notorious for not working right with the page, so if you very simply have an access to a PC, please, rather use that.

Then if the EA Support doesn't work on PC either, do the following :

• Disable ad blockers
  • Disable pop-up blockers
  • Disable no-script
  • Allow cookies on EA Help
  • Press F5 to refresh the page
  • Clear the browser cache
  • Try another browser

If you want to call them, you can call them through VOIP. Or at least that is what they suggest since it is cheaper by far. From this guide : http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

"Open the VOIP program or app of your choice, then choose a suitable language for yourself:

English

1. Set your country to the UK.
  2. Dial 0203 0141818.

French:

1. Set your location to France.
  2. Dial 04 81 68 08 08.

Spanish:

1. Set your location to Spain.
  2. Dial 911 230 490."

Good luck !

Message 2 of 23 (2,128 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Thanks for the quick reply. I should have mentioned in my post that I also tried doing this on my PC. No luck there either. I really hope my code isn't somehow corrupt. If my code is corrupt is there anyway I can prove it to amazon and have them email me another one? Has anyone else recently not been able to redeem a triforce code and it worked for them later? This whole thing has me pretty nervous because I've been looking forward to finally having every weapon on bf1 (I got the barbed wire bat too) and this is kinda a downer..
Message 3 of 23 (2,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hey again @Sawdog98

I've heard of a situation where Amazon resent the guy a whole new bundle to replace their code with. Which was kinda ridiculous but hey he got it to work that way. I'm pretty much 99% sure you'll get this code working or redeemed one way or the other, it's just now a matter of fact how.

So, let's see.. Just to make sure you're doing everything right. Use this link to contact the support, I prefilled it for you: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=battlefield-1&platform=xbox-one&category=codes-and-promot... (EDIT: Derped with the link first)

Still giving you nothing ? If not, check top right. Are you actually logged in ? You should see your name on the top right next to the locale there, otherwise it says Log In and Sign Up. From the same place, try to change your locale. With United States (I set it to US on that link earlier) it usually should work at least, that's what I tend to default to myself. You're also sure you don't have something like uBlock and/or Noscript that would block the site and/or its cookies ?

Message 4 of 23 (2,105 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Thank so to your walkthrough I was able to get in a chat with an EA advisor. It didn't go well. She quite possibly just wasted my code and now I'm even more worried. She "consumed my code into my account" but there's nothing new in my game right now. No doughboy pistol or anything. I never got a download prompt on my Xbox saying that the pistol was downloading or anything. I'll post what she said in the chat and I apologize for the text being so small. I'd really like for you to reply as you've been the most helpful person so far.
Message 5 of 23 (2,085 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
And hey, I just wanna say no hard feelings to you guys at EA. I know you guys put in hard work and I'm not dogging you. I'm just a consumer that wants the product he paid for.
Message 6 of 23 (2,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Heyah again @Sawdog98

Well, at least you got through to the support, but.. Oh hamburgers.. That sounds a bit alerting alright. I understand we're all humans but I hope she didn't simply goof up. Sounds like she did try her best.

So, I think what she did was that she marked the code as used in the system, and simply granted your account that skin manually. Or at least attempted to do so. Let's take her word first that perhaps the server takes a moment to register it. Try and go into an online game and see if the skin is there. Complete said game, do like a quick round of TDM for example. It should force the server to do a sync with your account.

Still no skin ? Well, let's take her word again that perhaps it takes the 24 hours to register. Then do another online match, quick TDM or something, see if there is change.

Still no skin..? Well. Then we may have a bit of a problem in our hands as that probably means that she indeed did goof, and your code is possibly marked as used now.

Okay, so I would say you have a few choices then at this point :

- Save those screenshots of yours, contact another EA Advisor, say that another support tried to add this weapon for you but goofed, you still have the code to show and you have the chat to show that goof happened, so you'd simply ask for another go at giving you that weapon skin of yours that you rightfully deserve.

- You try and contact Amazon instead. I don't think contacting Microsoft would help here since I believe Amazon is distributing these codes, not Microsoft. Tell them that you tried contacting EA Support, they goofed, code didn't work, could you get another code.

Just keep those support images with you as they are your only proof now if the code of yours ends up being already used thanks to this goof-up. With those images you should most hopefully be able to either through EA or through Amazon get your product redeemed.

Sorry this has been such a mess. It's always unfortunate when something like this happens.

Message 7 of 23 (2,068 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yup yup I took those screenshots so I would have proof at least that I didn't mess anything up myself. I figure if I have proof of purchase that I would just be able to receive the 25 digit Xbox code through the chat but she didn't seem to get that. I'll check back tomorrow around this time and see if I can chat with anyone about it that understands a little more about the situation. I've already contacted amazon as well. We will get through this my friend!
Message 8 of 23 (2,049 Views)

@Sawdog98 You can sign up for an American area's xbox account, and you'll get a DLC that you can download after you exchange it, and you'll be able to use it after you download it

Message 9 of 23 (2,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

That's actually a valid point. Check the shop if you need to manually go and download it. Maybe whatever she did in the support would've made it available to the shop section, I think that is what the code would've done as well. You said that you got no download prompt, but maybe the pistol appeared in the shop as a downloadable content you need to manually start kinda like with Premium pass for consoles you have to download it manually.

Thanks @Assassinatorgrz for the reminder.

Message 10 of 23 (2,039 Views)