Color changes when i start bf1

by KennethWard3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Color changes when i start bf1

★★★ Newbie
What should I do. I feel like I'm the only person with this issue. When I play any other game the resolution goes back to normal. Pls help
Message 1 of 11 (6,134 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Color changes when i start bf1

Hero (Retired)

@KennethWard3, my TV only has 1 HDMI port that supports 4K and HDR, so please make sure that you´re using the right one if your TV is similar.

I don´t remember if HDR was added to BF1 in October or September, but it came with a new patch.

Have you tried to change any HDR settings as well?

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (6,071 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@KennethWard3 Can you clarify what's happening exactly? Screenshots/a video may help. Do you see the same issue if you swap the game to windowed mode?

Posting your system details might help: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 11 (6,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
When I insert the disk the game starts and the color is normal. Then the screen goes black and when it says personalizing your experience and press (x) it changes to the really light color picture. I'm not sure how to go to window mode. I'm on ps4
Message 3 of 11 (6,104 Views)

Community Manager

Ah I apologize, I thought you were playing on PC so don't worry about windowed mode. 

Thanks for the image, it looks like your brightness for the game is set too high. 

I don't have a PS4 to hand for the exact path, but from the main menu you should be able to go to More then Options, and check in there for the option to turn down your brightness. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 11 (6,099 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@KennethWard3, that is the point when the HDR-Mode for BF1 is activated.

Please make sure that your TV and your PS4 have been set up correctly for HDR.

The PS4 has that in its display settings.

In BF1 you´ll find it in the video settings like @EA_David said.

How old is your HDMI cable? Maybe you need to change that to a newer one that is able to transfer HDR signals.

Message 5 of 11 (6,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just purchased a premium hdmi cable that supports 4k tv's. I'm still having the same issue. I even turned down my brightness and it's still too bright. Bf4 looks normal when I play it but when I switch to BF1 that lighting issue happens again. I seriously think it's the latest update. Cause it was normal a few weeks ago when I last played it
Message 6 of 11 (6,086 Views)

@KennethWard3 wrote:
I just purchased a premium hdmi cable that supports 4k tv's. I'm still having the same issue. I even turned down my brightness and it's still too bright. Bf4 looks normal when I play it but when I switch to BF1 that lighting issue happens again. I seriously think it's the latest update. Cause it was normal a few weeks ago when I last played it

Is this a standard PS4 or a PS4 Pro? When the problem started was it after you changed any settings, after a title update, or after a system OS update? have you tried clearing your cache by holding the power button until the console shuts down and then restarting the console? Often times on console doing that solves weird issues that seem to come out of nowhere.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 11 (6,082 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@KennethWard3, my TV only has 1 HDMI port that supports 4K and HDR, so please make sure that you´re using the right one if your TV is similar.

I don´t remember if HDR was added to BF1 in October or September, but it came with a new patch.

Have you tried to change any HDR settings as well?

Message 8 of 11 (6,072 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get the same now. Works ok on division.

Message 9 of 11 (5,829 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try to turn on HDR mode on you tv settings

Message 10 of 11 (2,951 Views)