by FreMo1974

Original Post

Re: Battlefield Tips

★★ Guide
Thank you for sharing.
Message 11 of 41 (5,317 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@SterlingARCH3R Great guide. A few more tips from my end. 

Cavalry: Use this class to quickly get to outer/distant objectives and/or break out of a spawn trap. Key here is to drop med and supply packs as frequent as possible. The med packs will self-heal you while taken damage from incoming fire, but might also support your allies. And next when arriving at an objective DISMOUNT and seek cover! This will allow your squad mates to spawn on you. 

When fighting other cavalry, use the cavalry sword or lance and keep moving, avoid the use of the rifle against other cavalry. And again apply the health pack drop to self-heal after taking damage. Here's a video of me where I succesfully take out 3 enemy cavalry units applying this tactic. As you will see, they keep trying to shoot me with the rifle, but I manage to survive and win the fights, despite being under attack from 2 enemies simultaneously.

Next tip is for fighting the Airship behemoth, contrary to LMG's (except the Burton Incindiary rounds) the stationary heavy machine gun deals good damage to the Airship. And it also overheats less quick than the stationary AA canon, and also the Airship gunners typically know the locations of the AA guns and will concentrate their fire on them, but they are less used to focus on the mounted HMG's. 

See below a clip as example:

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find someone's post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did someone's post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file:

Message 12 of 41 (5,289 Views)

★★ Guide
Thanks for sharing your useful tips, you are on the road to the hero status...
Message 13 of 41 (5,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

+ Fog is your friend - One common complaint I hear is about the weather; specifically, the notorious fog. In actuality, it's a blessing in literal disguise. If you're attacking in Operations, fog will help you tremendously, as it's effectively a global light smoke to help your team advance under concealment. Another bonus is that it limits the sight range of snipers on both sides, so your teammates may want to consider playing other classes.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 14 of 41 (5,179 Views)

Fog isn't anyones friend; It's the ultimate balancer Tongue out

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 15 of 41 (5,157 Views)

★★ Guide
Fog benefits to both teams, no?
Message 16 of 41 (5,133 Views)

EA DICE Team

I would say so, @FreMo1974 You can sneak around but so can they. Nerd

/Atic

Message 17 of 41 (5,123 Views)

Champion

@FreMo1974 Yes, fog benefits both teams. It nearly nullifies planes, vehicles, and snipers, to boot.

I don't work for EA.

Message 18 of 41 (5,112 Views)

Fog is a little too thick at times but it is definitely fun. As a melee enthusiast (and paranoid rare tag owner), it makes way for some of the most intense, most fun battlefield moments.

A lot of people still don't switch their weapons during a roll through of fog so I would recommend a nice shotty and heavy melee combo - simple jukes in the fog allows you to escape enemy auto fire quite easily so if you can evade and land that 1 perfect shotty shot you're golden (and an easy melee kill if you flub the shot

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 19 of 41 (5,102 Views)

Champion

I'll probably make another BF Tips for the BFV thread, but most of these should transfer over.

+ If you hear gunfire, assume it's the enemy's unless you confirm otherwise. Often times I'll see friendlies get killed from a flanking enemy, while teammates are completely oblivious to anything that happens outside of their periphery. Don't just assume that it's your teammates shots that you hear, especially if the tempo and sound of gunfire changes.

I don't work for EA.

Message 20 of 41 (5,042 Views)