Battlefield Base Game Content

by jocabate1

Original Post

Battlefield Base Game Content

★ Novice

Okay so I'll start by saying that I am a long time fan of EA games, since Underground 2 specifically. BF1 is a fun game and I like playing it but I was disappointed by the content of the base BF1. You get like the 50 percent of playable content!? If I knew that I wouldn't purchase it. The NFS 2016 was okay like I got the full game and was happy with it but idk how can this game even be marketed for sale as a full game. I don't intend to spend idk how much money only to upgrade the game so I can play it to full potential, idk about you guys. It's okay for a game to have a DLC but not like this. I don't really want to buy the future games because I really don't want to get some percentage of the game, I want to get in w my friends and roll. Also the base game is 5.99e and the Revolution edition with the Premium pass and some dlcs and skins is 7.99e. What's the point of that, nobody wants to buy half of the game  for 2e less, why EA doesn't put Revolution edition first and after the base game. Overall I'm very disatisfied with the content of the game and I would like to warn other new players about this. If you're gonna buy it, buy the Revolution edition so you could enjoy the game to it's full potential. Frown

Message 1 of 4 (511 Views)

Re: Battlefield Base Game Content

Hero
@jocabate1 Sorry you feel that way. The Premium model was a part of the Battlefield franchise for several years, where if you wanted to access DLC content you needed to buy it to do so. Nobody bought half a game as this was additional content. People can quite happily play just the base game and never purchase the premium content (it's also been given away free of charge in many of the past games, like BF1).

Battlefield 1 was, however, the last game to feature Premium. Battlefield V was a Live Service game, and Battlefield 2042 is too, albeit with a season pass.

Where I do agree with you is on the placement of the Revolution version. The most sensible choice to buy is indeed that version, since it includes everything, so it'd be fantastic if this was clarified or placed differently. However, I do not know how much control EA have over how retailers display products (obviously they do if we're talking about the Origin store).

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 4 (496 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I never agreed with people complaining about DLCs and premium content. It`s a company that produces the game. New DLC brings new maps, weapons, stuff that costs MONEY to develop. I payed 130E for bf1 and I`d happily pay even more if they continue to add stuff to it(that`s some fairy tale scenario).

Another idea. A mobile game I play added a new character yesterday. Nothing really fancy, but unlocking it costs around 40$. Imagine that, a character in a lousy mobile game costing more than it costs you to play an AAA game.

Either way, simple math: more money = more content, better support, longer support

Message 3 of 4 (479 Views)

★ Novice

I got a refund and It's all ok now, i still love u EA <3

Message 4 of 4 (464 Views)