Re: Battlefield 1 server lag getting worse every day

by EA_Leeuw

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@JRMBelgiumTwitch @H31NZ666, thanks a lot guys. I appreciate it very much! I indeed think that I have enough screenshots for now. However, I miss the server names/numbers that were requested as well. Do you think you can still see these if you look in the Recent Server tab in-game?

Edit: we have that info as well thanks to the network graph!

Hopefully, I have more info soon.

Leeuw.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Tag mij met @EA_Leeuw als je op mij reageert. Thumbs up
* Als je de opmerkingen van andere spelers leuk vindt, geef ze dan XP. 
* Als iemand je probleem of vraag heeft opgelost, klik dan op "Oplossing accepteren". Party hat
* Ik reageer niet op privéberichten.
* NL/BE CM.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 51 of 60 (949 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

A little update from my side.

The Battlefield teams have indeed found some potential server problems on some servers that could cause the issues that you were experiencing. Over the past few days, the teams were able to identify and fix these issues, which should have resulted in overall better server performance across the board. However, the teams keep working on identifying potential bad servers & fixing these as soon as possible.

If you have more reports, feel free to add them to the thread with the Network Graph enabled.

Cheers, all.

Leeuw.png

* Als iemand je probleem of vraag heeft opgelost, klik dan op "Oplossing accepteren". Party hat
* NL/BE CM.
Message 52 of 60 (2,406 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Leeuw Thank you for the folluw-up and the fast replies. Nice to see that you and EA still care enough to help the BF1 community enjoy the game a bit more.
Message 53 of 60 (822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Leeuw  not sure if it's server lag or a bug but I've noticed a few times(different matches) the front machine gun on the St.Chamond(standoff variant) will start firing at a lower rate of fire...almost like the sho sho lmg.it stays that way until the end of the round if I'm able to keep it "alive"...not sure if it stays that way if my tank gets destroyed and I spawn a fresh chamond tho.

U.S servers/Dice official servers/PS5.

Message 54 of 60 (745 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @SilentJ61,

Good question.

That can indeed be caused by potential network issues.

Are you experiencing this frequently?

Leeuw.png

* NL/BE CM.
Message 55 of 60 (499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Leeuw wrote:
Hey @SilentJ61,

Good question.

That can indeed be caused by potential network issues.

Are you experiencing this frequently?

@EA_Leeuw  I've experienced the "sho sho tank" 4-5 times in the last 2 months.the last time was just last night.i do have video if needed.also need to add that when this happens I also find sometimes I don't get "the kill" or "hit-markers" even with direct hits!

Message 56 of 60 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@SilentJ61, gotcha. Yeah, that indeed clearly sounds like network issues, unfortunately.

It would be very helpful if you could post a screenshot of the icons you see on-screen (if you see any) when you're experiencing this issue. Or a video with the network graph enabled, for example. Although I can understand that having to play for months, with this enabled, isn't a pleasant experience.

Leeuw.png

* NL/BE CM.
Message 57 of 60 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

https://youtu.be/AocsOtC7Ojk  @EA_Leeuw in watching the video again,there are no icons on-screen when this happens.as for the network graph,I'll turn it on the next time this happens.👍

@EA_Leeuw wrote:

@SilentJ61, gotcha. Yeah, that indeed clearly sounds like network issues, unfortunately.

It would be very helpful if you could post a screenshot of the icons you see on-screen (if you see any) when you're experiencing this issue. Or a video with the network graph enabled, for example. Although I can understand that having to play for months, with this enabled, isn't a pleasant experience.

Message 58 of 60 (438 Views)

Community Manager
@SilentJ61, thanks for the video!

Leeuw.png

* NL/BE CM.
Message 59 of 60 (431 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi. I live in South Africa and normally, up to two weeks ago, played on the UAE servers (130ms) PS4. Then the next day it went up to 220ms and now it's at 275ms. I spoke to my ISP, we tried numerous things (I stream online) to get this better, just got worse. My ISP did not change the internet routing and nothing changed on my side. Checked/replaced cables/routers etc. No people playing in South  Africa and the EU server (180ns ping) is just too high to be competitive. Something changed on UAE servers... Any idea maybe? Thank you.

Message 60 of 60 (225 Views)
Twitter Stream