Re: Battlefield 1 server lag getting worse every day

by EA_Leeuw

Original Post

Community Manager

@JRMBelgiumTwitch @TJAW65 cheers guys. I have passed on the reports to the Battlefield teams. They're still taking a look into it.

@JRMBelgiumTwitch judging by your Twitch VOD, I was unable to spot any signs of the server lag (like the icon for example), is this correct? So when playing on official DICE servers, you do not experience the issues?

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 31 of 60 (779 Views)

★★ Novice

For over 2 weeks with the icon.... servers are bad and the rubberbanding is unplayable. 

Message 32 of 60 (763 Views)

★★★ Novice

yes graph stats show nothing wrong but a lot of rubberbanding these days.

Message 33 of 60 (755 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @philsaint23,

Can you remember if this was one an official DICE server, or if this occurred on a community rented server?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 34 of 60 (680 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Clododecompete,

Same question for you; do you mostly experience this on official DICE servers, or only on community rented servers?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 35 of 60 (676 Views)

★ Apprentice

had also server lag today on a community server. will try it tomorrow on official dice servers.Lag.png

Message 36 of 60 (653 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @H31NZ666,

That's unfortunate.

Can you maybe remember the name of the community server, was this also on the AMG 2 server?

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 37 of 60 (627 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey all (tagging for extra visibility: @JRMBelgiumTwitch @H31NZ666 @Clododecompete @philsaint23 @TJAW65) and others who are experiencing this issue in recent weeks.

The teams are still investigating the issue regarding the server performance reports. To assist the teams, I would like to request something from you, if possible.

Would it be possible for you guys to enable the in-game Network Performance Graph (Options > Gameplay > Advanced > Network Performance Graph) and play some rounds on community servers & official DICE servers and let me know (post here in the thread) what your observations are?

Network_Performance_HUD.jpg

If it's possible for you; please post a screenshot (or a YT video) of the moment you see the server performance warning/error (etc.) message on-screen, with the Network Performance Graph enabled & also the server name(s) or IDs of the server(s) you were playing on. A server ID will be most helpful, as a server name (especially of community servers) can change over time.

(To see a server ID of community servers, you have to disable 'Player-Created content'. This can be found in the Settings - Gameplay - Basic section.)

I am looking forward to your posts & thanks in advance for assisting us with the investigation!

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 38 of 60 (612 Views)

★★ Novice

Community rented server. There is a reason why we don't play on oficial servers.

Message 39 of 60 (600 Views)

Community Manager
@philsaint23, gotcha. If you please could take a look at the above posted message for the next time when you're playing BF1, that would be sweet. Standard smile
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 40 of 60 (596 Views)