Battlefield 1 VC++ Runtime redistributable not installed error

by aMaNameDan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 1 VC++ Runtime redistributable not installed error

★ Novice

I just got BF1 today, went through the setup with all 5 disk and when I go to Install it on Origin I get the following error message (Image 1). I've been told to go into the installer and go into the redist and run "vsredist_x64" but get another error (Image 2) which I did and had to go through setup again. Should I upgrade to MS Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable?    

Message 1 of 7 (5,215 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 1 VC++ Runtime redistributable not installed error

Community Manager

@aMaNameDan

You can manually run the required redistributables from the following locations. Do right click these and choose Run as Administrator:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

Let us know if you run into further difficulty, thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (5,967 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@aMaNameDan

You can manually run the required redistributables from the following locations. Do right click these and choose Run as Administrator:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

Let us know if you run into further difficulty, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (5,968 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello.

Here is my experice on how to solve 'VC++ Runtime redistributable not installed' and 0x80070003 Error.

Firstly please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist ,and install vc++ x64 and x86.
If failed with Error 0x80070003, go to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\, please check 'View hidden items' in windows file system.Find programdata ,in the folder if 'Package Cache' pops out alert window saying it does not exist or deleted,please delete 'Package Cache' and create your new 'Package Cache' with the same name.
Then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist ,and try to install vc++ x64 and x86 .Guess everything will be fine.

Message 3 of 7 (4,720 Views)

★★★ Newbie

MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

YOU SAVE MY LIFE

IT SHOULD LET MORE PEOPLE TO SEE YOUR SOLUTION!

THANK YOU!

Message 4 of 7 (4,435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

YOU SAVE MY LIFE
IT SHOULD LET MORE PEOPLE TO SEE YOUR SOLUTION!
THANK YOU!
Message 5 of 7 (4,434 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My pleasure. If you don't mind you can add me as frined in BF1 so we can play together.
ID:

Herr_Gustave

Message 6 of 7 (4,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My pleasure. If you don't mind you can add me as frined in BF1 so we can play together.
ID:

Herr_Gustave
Message 7 of 7 (4,409 Views)