Battlefield 1 M1911 Doughboy unredeemable on Xbox/PS (Still works on Origin)

by Jofez16

Original Post

Battlefield 1 M1911 Doughboy unredeemable on Xbox/PS (Still works on Origin)

★★★ Guide

I cannot redeem the Collector's Edition of the M1911 Doughboy because the website it refers me to is down. Battlfield.com/triforce no longer exists.

How can I get EA to honor their agreement and give me the content I paid for? It's very frustrating that I people on Origin can redeem the code without problems but I'm hosed because their website is down to translate the 20 digit code to the xbox 25 digit code. I've repeatedly talked to EA advisors and none of them have helped me.

Message 1 of 14 (1,860 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1 M1911 Doughboy unredeemable on Xbox/PS (Still works on Origin)

@Jofez16 so you play in Xbox?

You bought a Collector's edition, where you bought it? In your country?

Just asking in case the code is country specific as well.

And what should this code unlock?

The whole game plus all the content, or only the M1911?

What type of code is it you said? 

20 digits, so like 1234-ABCD-5678-EFGH

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 14 (1,841 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1 M1911 Doughboy unredeemable on Xbox/PS (Still works on Origin)

Community Manager
Hey @Jofez16,

Thanks for your visit to the forums.

What unfortunate to hear that you're having issues with redeeming the code of the BF1 Collecters Edition from Triforce.

If you have issues trying to redeem the code via our website (the Triforce link indeed seems to be down), best thing you can do is reaching out to the Triforce support via help@projecttriforce.com or via Twitter: https://twitter.com/ProjectTriForce.

Good luck!
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 3 of 14 (1,824 Views)

That's sad tho that only they can help him in this case. Embarrassed

Message 4 of 14 (1,805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@EA_Leeuw   I messaged them several times without response

Message 5 of 14 (1,627 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Its_Travis_199 

Yes, the code that you receive is a 20 digit code in the 1234-ABCD-5678-EFGH format.

This was part of the Collector's Edition, which should give you the M1911 Doughboy.

I was able to redeem this code on my Origin account, but not on XBox (Yes, I have bought 3 separate collector's editions trying to get this to work since I'm a big part of the reddit community, and I'm hoping I can pave the way for other people to be able to get it. I've spent approximately $250 on this already. One code was burned by tech support accidentally, one code went to origin, and the last code I still have and I'm waiting for a solution). Considering this was the main reason I bought the collector's edition, I'm very disappointed.

Message 6 of 14 (1,625 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Jofez16 did you link your Xbox account to this EA account you redeemed the code on, in Origin?

Cause certain codes in gaming are Origin codes only but unlock the content across all different platforms that you've linked to this EA account. (such as PS or Xbox)

Not sure about this one you have but could be like that.

Maybe check if the Xbox account is linked to it and see if it's already unlocked ingame on the console too.

If the code was successfully redeemed as you said. 

Greets,

Travis 

Message 7 of 14 (1,619 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Its_Travis_199 

Yes, I did confirm that my EA account is linked to that XBOX account. (This is one of the things EA Help had me check)

I imagine I need a 25 digit code to redeem on XBOX.

Message 8 of 14 (1,610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Its_Travis_199  & @EA_Joker I'd like to add the solution seems to already have been figured out, EA just won't provide me with the code for my platform....

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-1/Doughboy-pistol-code/td-p/6235724/page/3

Message 9 of 14 (1,594 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Its_Travis_199 

From Evan, an EA Advisor I chatted with:

"I do wish there was more I could do, but in a case like this one I don't really have a way to forcibly allow the code to work, or to grant the M1911 Doughboy anymore. It's just not integrated into my current system."

Sounds like I'm not getting the content I paid for.

Message 10 of 14 (1,589 Views)