Battlefield 1 Graphics Glitch on Intel Iris 5100 MacBook Pro 13" 2013

by CRACKaDUCK

Original Post

Battlefield 1 Graphics Glitch on Intel Iris 5100 MacBook Pro 13" 2013

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have this strange graphics glitch where the smoke, fire and lens flares appear grainy and pixelated. Also the trees flicker. I am running this on Windows 10 pro 64bit though Bootcamp on my MacBook Pro 13" 2013. I bought the game through Steam I have the latest intel Video Drivers installed Version: 15.40.48.5171 I have tried reinstalling the game Tried verifying the integrity Tried reinstalling Origin. The game is updated. Tried Windowed and windowed borderless. Tried turning the settings all the way to Ultra at 1440p but that did not fix it. TAA Anti-Aliasing makes the issue slightly less apparent but makes everything very blurry. The settings are 720p at 50% scaling. Everything turned down to either low or off(whichever the lowest setting) Running Fullscreen V-Sync on Frame-rate locked to monitor refresh rate at 75hz I have contacted EA Support but unfortunately they just said the Video Card is unsupported which is the most likely cause of the issue. I totally understand that and am not saying that's not true. I have however seen videos of people playing with even less powerful Intel Graphics without any of these issues. So maybe this issue is remediable to some extent, I don't know. Any ideas on how to fix this?

[YouTube] Battlefield 1 Graphics Glitch on Intel Iris 5100 MacBook Pro 13" 2013 

Message 1 of 3 (632 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1 Graphics Glitch on Intel Iris 5100 MacBook Pro 13" 2013

EA DICE Team

Hey @CRACKaDUCK  Sorry to say but Mac as a platform is not supported by us for Battlefield 1 and that includes running it in with boot camp. If it works that's great, but not intended by us and the game needs a dedicate GPU and not an onboard GPU with the CPU to meet the minimum system requirements we have for the game. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 3 (552 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1 Graphics Glitch on Intel Iris 5100 MacBook Pro 13" 2013

★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic , thank you for replying! 

Yes I do understand that it's not supported and choosing to play on this platform I am essentially on my own when it comes to developer support. 

I am simply asking the community if anyone knows how to fix something like this. The reason I'm still asking is because I hope it can be resolved without having the video game developers doing anything Standard smile 

I have seen one person having a similar issue with his Lens Flares while playing Tomb Raider on his 2016 MacBook Pro 13" which leads me to think my issues may be related to hardware.

Message 3 of 3 (513 Views)