BF1 not working after intel driver update

by sillykittn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF1 not working after intel driver update

★★ Novice

Hello, I'm fairly new to this so I apologize for any mistakes made!
Recently I updated my intel driver to the latest version, and after updating the game has become completely unplayable. It gives me a warning box that reads, "Detected Intel driver version 30.0.101.1069 11/02/2021. The recommended driver version is xx.xx.xx.4539 or later." along with the option to try running the game, but with the chance of having "stability, performance, or visual corruption issues." The game can open, but the beginning screen is frozen and I'm unable to click on anything. I've tried repairing the game, uninstalling/reinstalling the game along with orgin, restarting my computer, running the game as administrator, etc. I also tried rolling back my drivers, since others suggested this may be a solution, but I was unable to. The game worked perfectly before updating my graphics driver. I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get, thanks! x
My computer: Intel Core i5-11400F 2.60GHz 
Intel Iris Xe Graphics
I'm able to provide any other information that may be needed.

Message 1 of 26 (16,578 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF1 not working after intel driver update

★★★ Newbie

I know I'm late to this but the fix to this is very easy. I too had the same issue as you. The 2 latest Intel drivers end with numbers 1069 and 1191. As these numbers are lesser than 4539, the game assumes you have an older version of the driver than what is recommended, even though that is not the case. So uninstalling the game, downloading and installing the driver version 30.0.100.9955 (this is the last version before 100 changes to 101 and the last 4 digits start from 1000) and then reinstalling the game fixed the issue for me. I no longer get the warning message.

Here's a link to the download center: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/677976/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.htm... 

Hope this helps. Please update after trying this.

View in thread

Message 5 of 26 (16,028 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

ugh I'm experiencing the exact same problem.... 

Message 2 of 26 (16,519 Views)

★★ Novice

Do you use intel as well? How/when exactly did it occur? I'm not entirely sure what the issue could be, but it must have something to do with the new graphics driver update. If you happen to figure out a solution please let me know, I'd appreciate it. Could I give you my discord?

Message 3 of 26 (16,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same issue

i9-12900K

latest intel driver version not work

Message 4 of 26 (16,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know I'm late to this but the fix to this is very easy. I too had the same issue as you. The 2 latest Intel drivers end with numbers 1069 and 1191. As these numbers are lesser than 4539, the game assumes you have an older version of the driver than what is recommended, even though that is not the case. So uninstalling the game, downloading and installing the driver version 30.0.100.9955 (this is the last version before 100 changes to 101 and the last 4 digits start from 1000) and then reinstalling the game fixed the issue for me. I no longer get the warning message.

Here's a link to the download center: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/677976/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.htm... 

Hope this helps. Please update after trying this.

Message 5 of 26 (16,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@gameloftgamerYES! Great, worked perfectly even without uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Hope EA fixes this bug fast. How stupid to be forced using an outdated driver ... But thanks again. Saved my weekend Standard smile

Message 6 of 26 (15,956 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi There, I'm having the same issue on a brand new PC with Windows 11 and i7 Intel. I have tried the fix but when I download the driver I get the error "No driver was found that can be installed on the current device. Exit code 8"  Does EA have a fix for this game yet?

Message 7 of 26 (15,206 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem, but I can't install the driver you linked because it's too outdated I think. Is there any chance of EA fixing this bug in the future? I can't imagine it'd be too hard to fix, and it's stopping so many people from being able to play this game they've purchased.

Message 8 of 26 (14,605 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@gameloftgamer What happen if I have a 12th gen processor?And i cant install that driver
Message 9 of 26 (14,562 Views)

EA DICE Team

Keep in mind everyone that Battlefield 1 requires a dedicated GPU and not an onboard APU. 

Minimum Requirements

Spoiler
Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 50GB

/Atic

Message 10 of 26 (14,277 Views)