Re: BF1 instantly crashes when launched. Please advise!

by x--Fusi--x

Original Post

BF1 instantly crashes when launched. Please advise!

★★★★★ Novice

Hey all, today I wanted to play some BF1, so I went into EA Desktop and tried launching BF1, it came back with an error saying: "Your game failed to launch, please try again later" I checked event viewer and found an event related to this, which will be put here. EA Desktop and BF1 are allowed through my firewall, I ran a clean boot, no fix, and my system is all up to date. This is very frustrating, I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (440 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@copeufucs
1. Error 1000 may indicate corrupted system files. Type cmd in the search bar and right click on Command Prompt to run this tool with administrative privileges.
Type sfc / scannow and press Enter.

2. It can also be damaged game discs. Reinstalling BF1 should help.

3. Reinstall NET Framework
You need the .NET Framework for numerous programs, otherwise they cannot function smoothly. If the framework is poorly installed or damaged, the Event ID 1000 error can appear in the event logs.

A. Press Win + R to start the Run tool.

B. Enter appwiz.cpl and click OK.

C. Click Turn Windows Features On or Off.

D. Expand the contents of the .NET Framework and deselect all entries.

E. Use a .NET Framework cleanup tool to remove this feature.

F. Restart your PC.

G. Get the latest version of the .NET Framework and reinstall it on your computer.

4. Malicious software, spyware, viruses and ransom software on your computer can also lead to application 1000 errors. So, you can run an antivirus or anti-malware program to scan your PC and remove viruses and malicious software.

Malwarebytes, McAfee, Norton, etc., can be a professional virus or malware removal service. Just download one of them from its official website to run a scan.
Message 2 of 6 (407 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, thanks for the info, there is one thing I want to dispel, I installed BF1 digitally on a fresh install of Windows and EA Desktop, other than that, I will indeed try the other possible solutions. Thanks Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (403 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Sorry, naturally damaged game "files", and not, damaged game "discs"
Message 4 of 6 (393 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@x--Fusi--x Oh, okay, yeah, I'll do a quick game repair.
Message 5 of 6 (379 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, I am back, I scanned my machine for any malicious files, nothing. I did some research about the .NET Framework and discovered that it cannot be uninstalled on Windows 8+ OS versions (mine being Windows 11). So, instead I repaired and updated it. I also did a game repair, and did an sfc scannow like you said. None of the possible solutions worked unfortunately. 

Message 6 of 6 (363 Views)