Re: [AU][Info Request] Game dropping out/unable to connect to servers.

by Nm4g

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

+1, same issues as everyone else, no new info to add.

Message 161 of 351 (1,024 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Another person having the same problem, it is a server problem.

THIS PROBLEM caused by DiCE/EA, has not been fixed and remains a problem now for over 2 weeks.

EA should forget about Australian customers, ever purchasing another title as EA does not care about it's customers.

You do not ignore problems, hoping they will go away as this is how you blatantly demonstrate zero care in what is the most major problem, to ever effect the Battlefield 1 title.

NOBODY AT ALL - can stay connected to EA/DiCE "OR" RENTED servers beyond 10 minutes.

EA/DiCE - Do something!

Message 162 of 351 (1,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sydney Australia BF1 PC. Cannot connect to servers.

They have been like this for about 3 weeks, except for about 2 days they actually worked. What was mostly happening was this: Join servers, once a 64 player server filled, it crashed. More recently it just cant connect at all. Must be either games now hosted on poor machines or poor connections, or they getting attacked.

I can't wait for this to continue for much longer. I purchased the game maybe 6-8 months ago. I'll be uninstalling and switching to some other FPS and chasing a refund through our consumer advocacy groups and government consumer groups if it can't be resolved in the next week or so.

The communications provided don't appear to commensurate with the duration of non service. I think it's pretty disrespectful to our local customer base. EA/Dice should be looking into Australian consumer law and realising they took a bigger gamble in selling their product here than maybe some over countries.

Disappointed

PS: Someone should make a copy of this whole thread before it gets deleted.

Message 163 of 351 (988 Views)

★★★ Novice
I feel the same way , or do we do this?
Message 164 of 351 (966 Views)

Re: Australians Battlefield 1 players experiencing drop out or connectivity issu

★★★★ Novice

Really how hard can this be? Every single server crashing after a few minutes and only in Australia?

DDOS has been thrown around, easily overcome by placing reverse proxy servers in front of them, like NGinx.

How can this happen? The best we as EA customers are given, is the North American Community Manager #Braddock512, telling us this;

"We have been working diligently with all internal and external teams to resolve these issues. Our teams have confirmed successful connectivity and gameplay within the region, but we will remain vigilant in monitoring this situation over the weekend and will alert the community with any updates as we receive them."

This was originally posted April 15 but the problem is much older than that and everyone is "UNABLE TO PLAY YOUR TITLES", which having paid to be a "Premium" member of this franchise, I say is not premium in anyway other than the cost passed onto users, who can no longer use this title.

Battlefield 1 is dead. It's game over until EA/DiCE fix this problem and expecting paying clients to wait until October for you to roll out your next cash grab, wont be happening.

Neither will purchasing any further titles from EA, should they fail to resolve this within the coming hours, not days or weeks.

I have had enough of this fiasco and demand answers.

Message 165 of 351 (795 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nm4g I agree with you completely. The date this problem started was on or just after April 3 2018.

Today is April 19 2018, spanning 16 days there is still no word from anybody except for a few statements made by the "North American" Community Manager Braddock512

October is too far away to consider waiting for BF2018 or BFV and either way, paying to be a premium member, then having to buy a new game every year, is ridiculous!

EA have lost their voice on this matter and everybody in Australia is switching to other titles. It will soon be completely over for the Battlefield "Franchise", due to the complete lack of consideration, transparency and as demonstrated with Battlefront II - greed.

Why on earth would anyone continue to waste their life trying to play a broken title, which the publishers are either incapable of fixing, too busy to resolve or even fully acknowledge the existence of any problem and essentially pay for the "privilege" of being test subjects, to a team of developers being pumped to produce titles each year, along with DLC expansions, add-on's (such as incursions), battle-packs, weapon skins... all of which does nothing to help game play quality and reliability seems to go out the window, with every new update!?

Whatever was "Broken" on April 3rd update, how about just rolling it back and reviewing the impact on Australian gamers in the month of April 2018, as an actual problem, which needs to be resolved and fixed, before pushing more broken titles on the market, leaving us the consumers spitting chips, quite frankly hating the position we are placed in due to internal mismanagement by a company who repeatedly not only appear technically incompetent, but totally ignores major problems in their published titles, goes against their own claim of "standards" (implying double standards), where the last release the company offered, shed billions from the company's value?

The solution we have been presented, is to break the current working titles (without loot boxes), ignore problems for weeks, utilize support of a person from a country "not impacted" by the problem (so not really 'feeling' the weight of the problem, as they're still able to play fine..), promise it will be better in Battlefield 5 or 2018, which 'might be' WW2 or Bad Company 3 - but in reality, who longer even cares?

These games from Bad Company 2 onward, have been nothing short of disastrous for DiCE, who I'm certain are great developers of premium titles, as I've been playing nearly all of their titles and ability speaks for itself. Since EA have taken the reins, BF3 onward having been nothing short of catastrophic levels of mess after mess made to each one of the titles, all which is passed onto the customers, while they "work through" the issues.

The most worked on title is BF4 and still to this day, it remains the "go to" title, should you actually want to play one of DiCE's titles, to avoid potentially ending up in the same (very) old... "technical issues".

We are not "testers" and this is the end of the line for your products, which you support and you make claims to offer as a finished retail product, which is "fit for purpose".

In reality it might be, depending on which update EA recently rolled out and what was broken in the process!

This is Insanity and unsustainable as a business model.

The facts are this. Either be transparent and inform "very clearly" the nature of problems, solutions, ETA on fixes, or stop selling software altogether.

EA are bound by their own agreements and anybody who just bought the BF1 title, since April 3 has nothing but a campaign for their money, without so much as "half" and explanation as to what the problem is, when it will be resolved or anything that you would expect from publishers of AAA products and services.

It is not only unethical trading, it is illegal as the products sold to all Australian consumers since April 3 2018, are not fit for the purpose of which they are advertised and sold.

Full refunds should be the next step from the customers perspective as we are clearly not getting what we paid for.

Message 166 of 351 (913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Tethering to these master servers causes issues, and most of it comes down to this concept of developing the xp/characters/classes/unlocks/levelling. Micro-transactions for aesthetics and or competitive advantage, its' pretty lame, and getting more common. We have RPG and MMORPG games, why do people encourage this stuff in FPS?

BF1 has some odd things.

-Hey you have a Box to unlock.
-Open box
-Hmm I don't want this thing, why do I keep getting sniper skins? Sniping is not my gig.
-Scrap for internet credits
-Then it tells you "you already have that thing you just scrapped"

And you think .. well that's good, but I'd prefer the message to be before I choose whether to scrap it or not. Seems odd. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

The game is very good. I normally wait now for a game to be released, and then see how it goes in it's first 6 months before investing in it. I'm very happy with BF1, however I didn't see some of the potential issues that people might have had early on. People should stop supporting this early access stuff. It significantly greys the margins between development and release. It conditions people to expect faults to patched out more often. A reliance on patching.

Also I think they have the technology to push out a message, but I don't think I have received one. Some people have found this thread, and some have found a few others, but really.. there are people out there (snipers mostly) still going "wtf is happening, I can't connect".. "I''ll try it again in 10 mins" "still happening, maybe it's at my end, I'll harass my ISP" "I''ll try it again in 10 mins" round and round. Poor snipers lost in the circular logic maze. I feel sorry for them.

Won't someone think of the snipers!?!

We only need 10 complaints in a monthly reporting period to NSW Fair Trading to get it listed on their complaints register.

We will want to know who is distributing the game in Australia, outside Origin.

Message 167 of 351 (971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
I have already lodged my complaint with the Office of Fair Trading NSW -I encourage you all to do likewise.
Message 168 of 351 (951 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just went to check the developments from emails received and instead of seeing the message, received this;

Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.

Message 169 of 351 (943 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Untitled1.pngplease fix this

Message 170 of 351 (920 Views)