Re: 11 GIG update on PS4 any way around it?

by EA_Joker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

11 GIG update on PS4 any way around it?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I just got the game for PS4. I have low data allowance. Is there any way around the 11gig download just so I can catch up? A disc perhaps? Any way at all to avoid the 11gig update
Message 1 of 4 (494 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Community Manager

Hey @LuciusOptimus,

it's pretty much the same for every console game you buy as a disc. You install it and then there's additional content released that's only available via download.

If there's an accumulated 11GB for you to download already and there's limited bandwidth or allowance, you might want to think about taking your console to a friend's place with unlimited data. Unless you update the console and the game, you usually cannot use any online features.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (488 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
For online multiplayer you woul need the update. If choosing to just play campaign you could skip this update and disconnect your internet while you play. Next time you earn trophies though you should perform a sync😀. Make friends and see if you may use a fast Ethernet connection from them....meet your neighbors or go to a relatives for the weekend to get the update(s).
Message 2 of 4 (476 Views)

@LuciusOptimusThis is determined by your network operator, and we can't change it

Message 3 of 4 (467 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @LuciusOptimus,

it's pretty much the same for every console game you buy as a disc. You install it and then there's additional content released that's only available via download.

If there's an accumulated 11GB for you to download already and there's limited bandwidth or allowance, you might want to think about taking your console to a friend's place with unlimited data. Unless you update the console and the game, you usually cannot use any online features.

Message 4 of 4 (489 Views)