by Xilef_Zar

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

"There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game."

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey all,

After attempting to run the game, I receive the attached error every time - I have also uninstalled 3 times, redownloaded and attempted to relaunch.

Made sure all the drivers were up to date to and was able to play the Closed Alpha without any issues - anyone else have this issue or tips on how to resolve?

Message 1 of 43 (76,169 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It is a very easy fix guys. all you have to do is install the windows media feature pack for Windows 10 Pro N

Here is the link to Microsoft :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack

choose the proper version of windows and install and restart and then run a check on the game files and it should run perfectly

View in thread

Message 4 of 43 (76,017 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I am also having the same issue.  Run as administrator also with no effect.  Running Windows 10N, might be the issue.  EA never gets demos ready for Windows Professional.

Message 2 of 43 (76,053 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm also using Windows 10 Professional N, 64 bit. No cigar on running as admin either. 

Message 3 of 43 (76,044 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It is a very easy fix guys. all you have to do is install the windows media feature pack for Windows 10 Pro N

Here is the link to Microsoft :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack

choose the proper version of windows and install and restart and then run a check on the game files and it should run perfectly

Message 4 of 43 (76,018 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'll double check when I get home but I was sure that had been previously installed as well due to other issues I've had in the past. 

I'll report back in when I have a chance to test it. 

Message 5 of 43 (75,996 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this, and I even installed Quicktime. Rebooted, repaired game, but it still won't work. I have all latest drivers installed. Any ideas? Anyone? Please I just want to play UT :'(

Message 6 of 43 (75,949 Views)

★★★ Novice

After doing some looking, turns out I had uninstalled the Windows Media Feature pack as it had caused issues when upgrading Windows to one of the Creator updates. After reinstalling the one for Windows 10 1803, 64-bit and restarting, Anthem now successfully launches. 

Hope this helps others too!

Message 7 of 43 (75,922 Views)

Anthem There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.

★★ Novice

I have just purchased Origin Premier so play Anthem early and i am getting the error

"There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game."

I have tried the repair, a reinstall, running it as adamin (Both the game and Origin)

updates graphics driver. Reinstalled Origin, Updated several graphics related software and still

can not get the game to launch.

Any one have any other suggestions?

Message 8 of 43 (75,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have tried this, I'm still getting the same error.

I should probably add that this is the official launch day (feb 22) that I'm having this issue.

Message 9 of 43 (75,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Xilef_Zar wrote:

Hey all,

After attempting to run the game, I receive the attached error every time - I have also uninstalled 3 times, redownloaded and attempted to relaunch.

Made sure all the drivers were up to date to and was able to play the Closed Alpha without any issues - anyone else have this issue or tips on how to resolve?

I finally got it to work! I reinstalled Anthem at least 10 times you have to install the Windows 10 N Media Package version 1803

Message 10 of 43 (74,633 Views)