Re: "There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.

by razvan0687

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

So I've seen quite a few suggestions here and it's likely that most people have differing issues that would cause the games to fail to load.

I recently downloaded Crysis Remastered and could not for the life of me get it to work.

In the end, I googled how to find the log files and low and behold, found my problem in 10 secs.

You can see from the snip that my PC was missing a critical DLL in order to load the game, a quick Google lead me to a video on how to reinstall the D3DCOMPILER DLL and now the game is running.

Video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2RhnHDXRXM 

If your game isn't loading, check the logs and you'll be able to work out where the issue is. Default path for Logs using the Origin client:

C:/ProgramData/Origin/Logs

Message 31 of 34 (1,314 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got a new game yesterday for my birthday and every time I try to play the game it keeps saying "There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game." Man, I just want to play funky little scary Alice in wonderland game Frown

Message 32 of 34 (1,104 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you @danthemanmu ! This was never a problem previously, but for some EA reason, it is now.

Working like a dream after installing the DX files from the game folder.

Message 33 of 34 (841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Bwguyer Just to piggyback off this, because this was exactly what fixed it for me. Thank you so much, I also had this specific issue with PVZGW2 but i see others are having it with other games.

So I was going through those Visual C++ versions and it wasn't working for me, so I checked which exact versions I had (search Add or Remove programs in Windows Search Bar) and I had some x86 versions and others were x64, and so I went ahead and downloaded every x64 that I didn't have . So now I have x64 and x86 versions (I dont think i needed the x86 but it is what I had by default for some of them. I'll attach a screenshot of what my Apps & Features looks like now that it is working.

Message 34 of 34 (247 Views)
Twitter Stream