Re: The question is? Anthem

by ChainsOfAnubis13

Original Post

The question is? Anthem

[ Edited ]

Alright now I know this will probly be met with the quick 'we will pass this on!' response, but here it goes. 

So 2019, one of the last years the world really saw any kind of straight information in terms of life, the world, games and what have you. 2019 release of anthem was looked forward to by so many people. Myself and spouse included. The game comes out we get it and dive right in. Yes met with connection issues and bugs, but what day one game is perfect? 

On said launch of game the teams were met with more hate and bs than I've seen in a long time. And those players that had a true love for the game were drowned out by journalists, people looking for views and ratings, and even EA for lack of better terms ignoring the good and only seeing the bad. I can understand why the teams were so stressed. Specially under scope of a big publisher such as ea, which at the time was then being driven in multiple directions by the community hate, the situations surrounding the world, and a general saltiness coming from the oh so lovely internet. 

That being said, now that things have become more open, technology has advanced to a certain extent, and the world is starting to move in atleast a somewhat assertainable direction, what is stopping ea and bioware from really making this game fly? 

I guess in short I have many questions as to why I can see a so called 'flop' game still attract players yet a publisher/developer pass up the ability and chance to really follow through. Many players still come into anthem strictly for joy. Many come for the fighting in game. Some come just to fly and escape the let's be honest here, less than stellar conditions in the world right now. While it's a little more stable than it was, the world is still in a pretty crumby position. Point being there is the game is still selling, I still see people spending to get in game currency, and I still see/hear so many in text chat and voice chat lobbies discussing the game and the fun points of it. 

Now I know ea and bioware are probably tired as hell of hearing bring back anthem, anthem 2.0, and anthem next. But I truly believe this game can jump pretty high. We are talking about a game that jumped into some far reaches of gaming. To expect perfection even after multiple years is a bit harsh. No man's sky was brought up from absolute death. The world is finally turning a little again guys, what's stopping you? Players want anthem to stretch its wings, people would really love for the publisher/developer etc to stop grounding our flights. The potential in this is huge and to be honest side from the expected bugs. I never actually saw any evidence worthy of shutting the game down. 

On the personal note for this game in particular:

This game brought my house together. From its high flying environment to the ground running combat. In a time and situation that my household was falling apart for lack of better terms and this game immersed us in an escape that we actually wanted. We found ourselves talking more, Solving issues together, generally operating more efficiently even outside of the game. It's not that we hated each other or anything but we were limping along in a bad way. This game closed that gap and kept it closed. I'm sure all this is a bit more than anybody wants to hear. But the slogan strong alone. Stronger together. really hit a cord when the game launched for us. Bugs and all I wouldn't have traded that time for anything. We weren't hurt by bugs or anything of the like because we accept that for anything to be great it requires time patience and work from all sides. In short we were a bit more than heart broken to hear of the decisions that were made. 

So all that tldr being said here is my big question that I'd like to see a real answer to is pretty simple and a bit redundant at this point. What's stopping ea and bioware from letting anthem out of its cage now? The hate? Ignore it for the players that truly love the game. The bugs and engine? The later proposed idea was re-working the game, a no man's sky story. Still viable. Don't think you'll be able to hold/save face given the circumstances of the game? Nothing will show face and throw a middle finger more than bringing something like this back from the dead and letting it progress to the top. Profits? As I said earlier I still see people spending in game and on the initial disc/download.

Anthem was and is still unique in its own right, and it could own the space at the top of boards if you just give it the chance we all want it to have. 

The publisher/developers have a real chance here to do something amazing and it would be a first in the history of those companies. So come on guys, bring the freelancers back together again. OR atleast send the title to a publisher/developer that wants to reunite that world like the true fans do. 

Thanks, hopefully this strikes the right tune with some of the right people. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,610 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ChainsOfAnubis13 we will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,590 Views)

@EA_Darko Thanks, though is there anything after that? Or will it be passed on and where ever it goes it goes?
Message 3 of 9 (1,564 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ChainsOfAnubis13 we'd have anything more that we can share in relation to this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (1,554 Views)

@EA_Darko Awesome.
Did you play anthem? If so, did you like it?
Message 5 of 9 (1,547 Views)

Community Manager

Yeah @ChainsOfAnubis13 I played quite a bit of it and really liked it.

Got a couple dozen hours into it and would love to see more of the world as the movement in the game was amazing. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (1,545 Views)

@EA_Darko That's awesome, I'm glad you liked it. I really enjoyed the combo system for damage when you had a full squad going. Really gave everybody that extra umph to work as a team for the big numbers.
Message 7 of 9 (1,540 Views)

@ChainsOfAnubis13 Eeyup, called it. This went nowhere.
Think it should be a requirement for companies to give a real response to things like this. Touching on points etc etc.
Message 8 of 9 (569 Views)

Community Manager

Please do not continue to spam on AHQ by bumping old threads @ChainsOfAnubis13.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (546 Views)