Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? All
What was your chosen difficulty level? Normal
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Colossus
What was your Expedition team makeup? Friends
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Every time someone speaks
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) All time
Summarize your bug When in a speaking subtitles get stuck on the screen and don't disappear meaning that more can't come up. I have a feeling it is to do with alt+tabbing but not 100% sure.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Alt tab maybe
What happens when the bug occurs? Subtitles stuck on screen
What should be happening instead? Subtitles should be normal

This is really annoying

Edit: Wasn't fixed in the new patch

Message 5 of 10 (3,943 Views)

Subtitle bug

★★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 980TI 6gb
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Please select your region Australia
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Was finishing talking to Matthias
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 16/02/2019 3:00am (ACDT)
Summarize your bug Finished talking with Matthias for the first time. his last line in his conversation bugged and was permanently on the screen, thinking it would come off in expedition it did not. Had to restart the game. Few others in my dicord group ahve also experienced this but with other characters. So does not seem to be just me.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't think its possible, think it just happens here and there.
What happens when the bug occurs? The subtitles permanently get stuck on the screen
What should be happening instead? Subtitles should not be permanently stuck on the screen

Its not a huge bug, however just wanted to inform you this seems to be happening here and there for people.
Not a big deal, just rather annoying 

Message 1 of 10 (3,930 Views)

Subtitles Persist when tabbing out

★★★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
Please select your region Australia
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Fort Tarsis
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug The subtitles get stuck on my screen and do not disappear until you start another expedition.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tab out of the game in the middle of a voice line with subtitles on, and tab back in after the voice line is finished, the subtitles should persist.
What happens when the bug occurs? Subtitles persist on screen.
What should be happening instead? The subtitles should no persist.

As above, when tabbing out and tabbing back in during a voice line with subtitles on, the subtitles will persist until another Expedition is launched.

Message 2 of 10 (3,845 Views)

Re: Subtitles Persist when tabbing out

★★★★ Novice

Apologies, got the timing wrong on this. Tab out PRIOR to the voice line and tab out AFTER it has finished, that should cause the bug.

Message 3 of 10 (3,842 Views)

Re: Subtitles Persist when tabbing out

★★ Novice

I experience this as well. Current patch 1.0.2.00 [3745698]

Message 4 of 10 (3,814 Views)

Re: Subtitle stuck on screen

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue on the PC for Anthem subtitle is being stuck on the screen. Anyways to be able to turn off the sub for the game and just listen to the voice instead. I did the Alt TAb out also and cause that issue. I also re try without alt tab out and it got stuck later in the game from the chapter 2.

Message 6 of 10 (3,902 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Seems like a universal problem. From my experience it seems to be alt-tabbing, so until a patch comes out the solution seems to be just not to alt tab when someone's talking.
Message 7 of 10 (3,880 Views)

Re: Subtitle bug

★★ Novice
I experienced this upon the tutorial and moving forward as well.
Message 8 of 10 (3,833 Views)

Dialogue subtitles getting stuck on the screen and not advancing to the next.

★★★ Guide

AMD or Nvidia Model Number 2060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region North America
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. In fort tarsis
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 25.02.19 1.50 pm eastern
Summarize your bug The subtitle bubble that appears on screen for the radios in tarsis got stuck on the screen and would not go away, could no longer read any other dialogue from other npcs.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just talking to npcs and activating the radio made it occur.
What happens when the bug occurs? The text gets stuck on the screen and won't go away.
What should be happening instead? It should disappear and not hang on the screen.

The subtitle bubble that appears on screen for the dialogue from the radios in tarsis got stuck on the screen and would not go away, could no longer read any other dialogue from other npcs.

Requires a complete shutdown of the game to get rid of it. Accessing the forge and other menus didn't get rid of it, I'm not sure if joining a mission would've helped, but I ended up closing the game to get it to go back to normal. 

Second time this has happened, previous time happened with lucky jak, though it coincided with my game minimizing because of a pop up on a website I was looking at. 

Message 9 of 10 (3,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform: PC
Please specify your platform model: PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Ryzen 5 5600X
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region South America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No (the issue is mostly present out of expeditions, but I have also evidenced them there.)
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Fort Tarsis (sometimes during an expedition also).
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 17/02/22 02:30 PM (GMT -3)
Summarize your bug The subtitle got stuck on my screen and no new subtitles are displayed.
How often does the bug occur? Frequently (60% ~ 80%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By talking to the NPCs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The text gets stuck on the screen and won't go away.
What should be happening instead? It should disappear and not hang on the screen.

This issue is still occurring now on Feb 2022. Even after deactivating and reactivating the subtitles, the stuck subs are still there. 
It's probably related to the alt + tab behavior as reported by other players since I'm using 2 screens and I need to occasionally toggle them. 

Message 10 of 10 (1,967 Views)