So, EA. What if?

by ChainsOfAnubis13

Original Post

Re: An Update on Anthem Next

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Anthem needs a comeback. There is nothing out there this good. Anthem is by far the best in terms of accessibility, action, presentation, controls, and gameplay.

I’ve seen people compare it to Destiny 2- but that game is a total mess and completely impossible for new players. I’ve seen it compared to Warframe which  is no where near the level of polish and fun gameplay as Anthem.

Bring Anthem back. I guarantee there would be more excitement and word of mouth hype for Anthem than any of that Dragon Age stuff. I mean has anyone cared about Dragon Age in the last 20 years? Don’t get me wrong, Dragon Age had a cool white and red poster and trailer a decade or two ago. I remember it was very exciting for the PS2 or whatever it was, but no one cares anymore.

Anthem crossplay. More Anthem strongholds. More more. Do it and stop being stupid.

Message 111 of 199 (2,244 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

Anthem needs a comeback. There is nothing out there this good. Anthem is by far the best in terms of accessibility, action, presentation, controls, and gameplay.

I’ve seen people compare it to Destiny 2- but that game is a total mess and completely impossible for new players. I’ve seen it compared to Warframe which  is no where near the level of polish and fun gameplay as Anthem.

Bring Anthem back. I guarantee there would be more excitement and word of mouth hype for Anthem than any of that Dragon Age stuff. I mean has anyone cared about Dragon Age in the last 20 years? Don’t get me wrong, Dragon Age had a cool white and red poster and trailer a decade or two ago. I remember it was very exciting for the PS2 or whatever it was, but no one cares anymore.

Anthem crossplay. More Anthem strongholds. More more. Do it and stop being stupid.

No hate against Warframe (which I love) or any of that other stuff (haven't played it), but I fully agree about the rest. FWIW though Anthem has grabbed me far more feverishly than Warframe ever managed to. Anthem really makes me feel like I'm there in the action. I recently posted about how Anthem is my favorite action RPG ever. That post, and many other threads containing positive feedback for BioWare and Anthem, have disappeared in the last week, leaving mostly just thread titles about bugs and other problems standing. Games with as much potential as Anthem, but which buck established formulae for broad appeal, should not be allowed anywhere near big publishers. They just don't know what to do with them.

Message 112 of 199 (2,191 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So... any plans to sell this game?

Message 113 of 199 (1,919 Views)

@NewYorkGameflow I agree. If they arent going to work on a game that fans are frankly still begging for, then they should atleast sell it to some folks that will put the time into it. Many companies could take what's alredy there and take off at a full sprint. Even if they did a ground up rebuild in a different engine the potential in it is staggering.
Message 114 of 199 (1,560 Views)

So, EA. What if?

I think something ea could also do is hold a community design program called anthem playground or something catchy like that lol. Have designers modders etc etc turn in designs and code condusive to the game and story etc. They could post up source code and deny access to licenses so they still technically hold power of choice but the overall idea with that would be for people to turn in code for the repairs of the game. Then for new content keep strict limitations to format programs etc etc so it's easily able to be ported to their engine (cause no way ea would let society fiddle with frostbite) and use the micro transactions/purchases etc etc in game (people still spend in there) to fund the servers and implementation of the updates. Then anything left over can be equal share divided to those who put the designs and code into that update. Kinda like how DE will hide a little credit scene in new content listing everybody who worked on that specific project. (Cause nobody works for free unless its passion) Similar to how cdpr got ahold of modders to begin fixes for cyberpunk 2077. 

Just a thought really, but I believe it could work and unite gamers and the company. I feel that could explode and we could end up with one of the biggest games still. Personally I think that idea would really build face for ea in the world and it'd truly coin the idea of 'what players want'.. would make ea sky rocket in terms of customer/company relations.

Something I did find interesting while looking through review. It's staggering the amount of double reviews I see. Copy past type stuff even. You can't seriously be calculating double posts as actual bad reviews right?

Message 115 of 199 (4,460 Views)

Re: So, EA. What if?

Still no discussion I see. I'll keep posting things.
Message 116 of 199 (4,284 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sadly EA not going to make any money in that idea so they not going to do it.

Message 117 of 199 (4,128 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Publicpencil05Yeah that's cool. It isn't a money aspect per say. it's more of a repair the face damage and be able to cut it loose with minimal to no loss. Repair customer company relation. This is to gain attention and spur ideas. Trust me. We AAAALLLLL know how they are with IPs engines money and such. Painfully so at that so pointing out the obvious hurdles aren't really productive. Doesn't mean the ideas can't pop up and something come from them though. If the thing gets enough attention ya never know, they might get mad and drop servers cause society is annoying or they might revisit the game seeing the attention it gets or even if somebody gets disturbingly generous they could open source it. (even i highly doubt that last one) Point being ya just never know.

Message 118 of 199 (4,101 Views)

Looks like another float
Message 119 of 199 (3,981 Views)

★ Guide

Fans stated when they announced they wont be making Anthem NEXT 2.0 to release the code for people to mod the game or make mods available but they didn't respond

Message 120 of 199 (3,874 Views)